OBC Issues

Bo1331

My OBC was mentioned on my on line account, albeit not an amount.  I checked with guest relations as soon as I got on board as it was not showing on  the TV in the stateroom.  I was told it would be added the following day but it wasn't. On day three I chased it up, showing my Azamara invoice to guest relations and it was finally added later that day. I am afraid shore side admin contiunes to be a mess.

• Like 1

Our OBC for two cruises shows up as coupons with $ 0. But we do have the amounts on the receipt of our TA.

But there are problems to get OBC for B2B. Azamara says we are not qualifiyed as we do have 2 booking numbers. I hope they sort it out till November.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Our OBC for two cruises shows up as coupons with $0.  I phoned, was told that my OBC balance was double what I thought it was (yay!!!).

Azamara promised to:

(a) email me confirmation of my OBC; and

(b) fix it in my account

A month later they have still not done either of these things.  I suppose I’ll need to spend a few more hours on the phone to them.  As much as we enjoy Azamara’s cruises, every admin interaction with them is exhausting!

Edited by k0k0

1 hour ago, k0k0 said:

Our OBC for two cruises shows up as coupons with $0.  I phoned, was told that my OBC balance was double what I thought it was (yay!!!).

Azamara promised to:

(b) fix it in my account

A month later they have still not done either of these things.  I suppose I’ll need to spend a few more hours on the phone to them.  As much as we enjoy Azamara’s cruises, every admin interaction with them is exhausting!

And tomorrow, you will get a different answer. I’m ticked off, but know at this point that whatever they say is our OBC when we board, we’ll just have to accept. I’ve given up…. But still ticked off.

• Like 1

Just disembarked Quest. Our OBC wasn’t showing on our TV account . Went to customer services and  emailed a copy of my booking confirmation to them whilst I stood there and next day it was on the account. It’s not a problem to get sorted onboard, so just have your confirmation with you. 

• Like 3

Our cruise is in January.  We have two Azamara OBC coupons on our booking showing no dollar amount.  I wanted to prebook two excursions with the OBC.  I signed onto my Azamara account and used the "Contact Azamara" link telling them that I had $XXX OBC and wanted to use it to book the excursions.  Within 24 hours I got an email it was completed and then they called me to confirm.  I then called my travel agency for them to send me an updated confirmation.  They did have to call Azamara to have Azamara send them a confirmation.

The OBC from my travel agency will be coupons in our cabin upon boarding.

14 hours ago, k0k0 said:

Azamara promised to:

(b) fix it in my account

The website is a disaster but I have found that customer service has correct records on OBC, and recently are very responsive..  However, I am still trying to book excursions with payment by OBC with no success.  

My OBC also shows as $0. I sent email to Azamara and they sent a quick response. She checked my reservation and verified it was there but no instructions on how to apply it to excursions. She did mention that you can call them to book the excursions.My cruise is in Nov.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 5:11 PM, read2learn said:

My OBC also shows as $0. I sent email to Azamara and they sent a quick response. She checked my reservation and verified it was there but no instructions on how to apply it to excursions. She did mention that you can call them to book the excursions. My cruise is in Nov.

We chose the excursions for our December cruise on the website. The dollar amounts of OBC were not showing. I called Azamara today and got our OBC applied. I will have our final invoice with us when we board - just in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

How can I get an itemized of the excursion I booked and paid for including OBC.  My account on their web site doesn’t show it or at least I can’t find it.

On your account under upcoming cruises, if you click on the cruise concerned, then scroll down to excursions you should see a paper & pencil icon, click on that & you should see ‘booked’ and ‘available’ excursions

34 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On your account under upcoming cruises, if you click on the cruise concerned, then scroll down to excursions you should see a paper & pencil icon, click on that & you should see ‘booked’ and ‘available’ excursions

Believe it or not, I hadn't even gone into  our booking until reading this. My interest was to see if there is a 'free' excursion in Funchal, the only stop on this transatlantic, for an Azamazing evening.

There isn't, and due to sail from Funchal at 4pm I'm guessing there won't be one....which is fine. Can anyone confirm that such cruises do not include an Azamazing evening?

TIA.

27 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Believe it or not, I hadn't even gone into  our booking until reading this. My interest was to see if there is a 'free' excursion in Funchal, the only stop on this transatlantic, for an Azamazing evening.

There isn't, and due to sail from Funchal at 4pm I'm guessing there won't be one....which is fine. Can anyone confirm that such cruises do not include an Azamazing evening?

TIA.

You are correct. Transatlantic sailings does not have Azamazing Evenings.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Sour Capetown to Canaries cruise doesn’t seem to have one either. I guess it counts as a transatlantic. Can’t think where they might have it anyway!

We are on Canaries to Capetown in November. Azamzing Evening is announced for Walvis Bay where we will be overnight. 

3 hours ago, beatnix said:

We are on Canaries to Capetown in November. Azamzing Evening is announced for Walvis Bay where we will be overnight. 

Yes.  We booked it as soon as it was available.

But strangely, the 12 day Africa Intensive following had an Azamazing Night in Durban scheduled (and we booked) and then it disappeared and now no Azamazing Night shows.  And definitely not a crossing.

Edited by ECCruise

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Yes.  We booked it as soon as it was available.

But strangely, the 12 day Africa Intensive following had an Azamazing Night in Durban scheduled (and we booked) and then it disappeared and now no Azamazing Night shows.  And definitely not a crossing.

Azamazing Evening still bookable. The description maybe is wrong. 

But by the way I found out thate now we have 0 loyality points. Those were shown correct before. 😕Screenshot2023-08-06184036.thumb.jpg.9cfc9d354f89485c2d55b39b2d7252c2.jpg

1 hour ago, beatnix said:

Azamazing Evening still bookable. The description maybe is wrong. 

But by the way I found out thate now we have 0 loyality points. Those were shown correct before. 😕Screenshot2023-08-06184036.thumb.jpg.9cfc9d354f89485c2d55b39b2d7252c2.jpg

That is for the 18 day Los Palmas --> Cape Town.

I was referring to the 12 day Africa Intensive that follows.  We've been booked in Walvis Bay since it was added months ago.