When do they check arrival time Miami? I tried a search but didn't get exactly what looking for.

CP3o

I was planning to get to parking about 30 mins before scheduled arrival time allowing time to get down and thru security but I guess arrival time could be checked at terminal garage or security.  Thanks.

If you get there before your arrival time and there is a line from the current timeslot, they will move you to a holding line.  Once the check in line calms down, they will let people with later times into the line.  

Edited by Liljo22

37 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

If you get there before your arrival time and there is a line from the current timeslot, they will move you to a holding line.  Once the check in line calms down, they will let people with later times into the line.  

We have found that to hold true at Cape Liberty and Long Beach as well. 

• Like 1

I have never been to any port, including Port Miami, where they verify your check-in time at the garage. I have sailed on Freedom three times in the last six weeks. For all three cruises, they were strictly enforcing check-in times at the terminal entrance, with three different lines for the various check-in windows (11:00 - 11:30, 11:30 - 12:00 and 12:00 - 12:30 were the displayed signs when I got there). Port employees sent you to the appropriate line or told you to wait if your check-in window started at 12:30 PM or later. There is also a separate line for suites and Key. 

On 7/14/2023 at 12:08 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

check-in windows (11:00 - 11:30, 11:30 - 12:00 and 12:00 - 12:30 were the displayed signs when I got there). 

I can confirm these windows and small sections leading to one line after parking but before enter building.  We got in line about 5 mins before our time of 11:30 in the 11:30-12:00 "line" but there was no one standing in any of the lines so just walked right thru.  It was a very nice time to arrive, after they'd processed the earlybirds. 

On 7/14/2023 at 9:08 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have never been to any port, including Port Miami, where they verify your check-in time at the garage. I have sailed on Freedom three times in the last six weeks. For all three cruises, they were strictly enforcing check-in times at the terminal entrance, with three different lines for the various check-in windows (11:00 - 11:30, 11:30 - 12:00 and 12:00 - 12:30 were the displayed signs when I got there). Port employees sent you to the appropriate line or told you to wait if your check-in window started at 12:30 PM or later. There is also a separate line for suites and Key. 

Was enforced on my last Miami Cruise also, so does happen at times they group at least the first passengers arriving. Seen this at Tampa, though was last Fall on a Ship on day of Repo arrival. 

We did these things before anyone checked out time: 

- Entered the port 

- Parked in the garage 

- Gave our checked luggage to the porter 

Maybe 45-60 minutes before they opened the doors, a lot of people were milling about, some who had early tickets, a few who were hoping to get in early.  Employees came out and set up "ropes" and divided people into time slots.  No one checked our time slots at this point, but a number of people were visibly disappointed.  

Maybe 10:15 (so ahead of schedule) they allowed in Key and Suite guests.  And just about 10:30 (right on time), they allowed us regular guests to enter the terminal.  As we entered the building, they looked at our time slots.  We were among the first guests in, so I didn't see anyone turned away, but I'm sure they weren't checking for no reason.  

On 7/14/2023 at 10:25 AM, MommaBear55 said:

We have found that to hold true at Cape Liberty and Long Beach as well. 

At Cape Liberty they did check the time during the pandemic, but not lately.

• Thanks 1

I think 30 minutes before you're scheduled boarding time should be fine- it may take that long to get out, walk up, drop bags and get through the terminal anyway... you'll be very close to the actual check in time by the time you get to the gate

• 2 weeks later...

Parking at Port of Miami is now $25 a day, we are planning to drop off my cruise partner and luggage at the port then I will park off site and either shuttle or Uber to the port. 

How has that worked for others?

2 hours ago, temple1 said:

Parking at Port of Miami is now $25 a day, we are planning to drop off my cruise partner and luggage at the port then I will park off site and either shuttle or Uber to the port. 

How has that worked for others?

We were on Freedom last month and for a4-day cruise, parking went up to $30 a day.