Ponant Offering Status Match -

Jim_Iain

It's going to be like Celebrity, with all us newly-minted Grand Admirals!  Good thing they don't have a special party for GAs [explanation for those who don't follow Celebrity: there are so many Elites now that they had to cancel the Elite party and give out free drink coupons to use anywhere]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2023 at 3:17 AM, Jim_Iain said:
Received an offer from my Agent  from Ponant -  Since we are Zenith on Celebrity they indicate we will get Grand Admiral Benefits

INTRODUCING PONANT’S STATUS MATCH!

“We are excited to announce that PONANT has implemented a Status Match Program. Our new guests will benefit from a status match and enjoy all the advantages of the PONANT Yacht Club!

If your clients have a loyalty status with another cruise line, PONANT will provide matching status right away.
We offer various reductions, depending on status:

The PONANT Status Match offer applies only to loyalty members from other cruise lines. Equivalence is evaluated based on a comparison of the qualifying criteria for each status. You will receive a confirmation email once you've completed an online form. In order for the equivalence to be validated, you will be required to provide a copy of the loyalty membership.

A Status Match can only be carried out once per passenger. Equivalence entitles the beneficiary to the same benefits as those provided by the PONANT Yacht Club.

Submission Portal on Ponant Site -  
May be an image of text

I don't post here very much but have been following your very helpful posts with interest. I have booked my first Ponant cruise, sailing on 'Le Champlain' next month.

I had completely missed this perk, so have written to my TA today and hope to be 'Major', thanks to you (unlike you, I tend to 'flit about' between cruise lines, so have just chosen my 'best' loyalty status, as per the table you posted.

Thanks and happy cruising,

Fiona J.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, Omittingstew said:

The website advertises that they match to "Marriot Bonvoy - Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection." Anyone try just matching their Marriot Bonvoy Status? 

I have been pursuing this, since I have Bonvoy Gold Elite status through my credit card. On my initial email exchange I noted that I haven't affiliated with the Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection per se. The response said "The only requirement is a valid and current membership with Marriot Bonvoy. It does not have to be with their sister brand Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection". (For what it's worth, the email responses have all come within 2-3 days; the most recent one noted that approval may require 10 days.)

It's complicated by the fact that Marriott doesn't issue physical membership cards, but I got a screenshot of my digital card and am sending that in. I'll report back when I find out more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

I have been pursuing this, since I have Bonvoy Gold Elite status through my credit card. On my initial email exchange I noted that I haven't affiliated with the Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection per se. The response said "The only requirement is a valid and current membership with Marriot Bonvoy. It does not have to be with their sister brand Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection". (For what it's worth, the email responses have all come within 2-3 days; the most recent one noted that approval may require 10 days.)

It's complicated by the fact that Marriott doesn't issue physical membership cards, but I got a screenshot of my digital card and am sending that in. I'll report back when I find out more.

There is no requirement for a physical membership card, despite what the form says.  I applied based on Azamara status and sent them a screenshot to prove it – got my Ponant status match within a few days.

• Like 1

Thank you - following up on the useful information you gave on here (although I have not, as yet, received a formal reply), my account is now showing on Ponant's website as, 'Major'. 😊

I believe that is an additional EUR 50 OBC, plus free laundry: I owe you a Guinness (or a Guinness 0.0%), if your ship ever calls into Belfast.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:28 PM, FoxtrotTango said:

I don't post here very much but have been following your very helpful posts with interest. I have booked my first Ponant cruise, sailing on 'Le Champlain' next month.

I had completely missed this perk, so have written to my TA today and hope to be 'Major', thanks to you (unlike you, I tend to 'flit about' between cruise lines, so have just chosen my 'best' loyalty status, as per the table you posted.

Thanks and happy cruising,

Fiona J.

8 hours ago, FoxtrotTango said:

Thank you - following up on the useful information you gave on here (although I have not, as yet, received a formal reply), my account is now showing on Ponant's website as, 'Major'. 😊

I believe that is an additional EUR 50 OBC, plus free laundry: I owe you a Guinness (or a Guinness 0.0%), if your ship ever calls into Belfast.

Grrr, now had a reply (via my TA), saying that the benefits cannot be applied 'retrospectively', so that I have 'Major' status now - but can't have the benefits on my forthcoming cruise (15th Oct), as they can only be applied to 'new bookings only'. They seem to apply this scheme very inconsistently!

I also had repeated emails (before and after my first booking), saying that there was an EUR500 discount for all new bookings. I am a UK customer and they are aware of this but the discount applied to my booking was £200! I pointed out that GBP/EUR has NEVER been 2.50 - but was told this was 'nothing to do with the exchange rate, it just IS £200' (!)...not a fortune, but irritating!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 4:26 PM, zigtraveller said:

I have not heard back from them about the SM despite sending the evidence twice.  I contacted them prior to my first Ponant cruise, which I have now completed.  It all sounds very disorganised and poorly managed.  I hope others have more luck than I did. 

Hi Zig

Did you end up getting the status match? I sent off my venetian society proof at the beginning of October and still haven’t heard anything, so I’ve sent it off again today. I’m sailing on Ponant in 10 days so it would be nice if I could get it for that trip. I’m wondering though whether it’s available to Aussies. 

Cheers

Jennifer

4 hours ago, ging466 said:

Hi Zig

Did you end up getting the status match? I sent off my venetian society proof at the beginning of October and still haven’t heard anything, so I’ve sent it off again today. I’m sailing on Ponant in 10 days so it would be nice if I could get it for that trip. I’m wondering though whether it’s available to Aussies. 

Cheers

Jennifer

I never heard back from Ponant about my request.  I just gave up and didn’t bother pursuing it.

Maybe they aren’t matching Australians, but it would be courteous to at least provide that information via a return email rather than just ignoring the request totally.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I never heard back after sending in the proof, then one day happened to log in to their website and discovered that my status had been raised.

Their responses seem to run the gamut from none, to half-complete, to fairly thorough.

I eventually got a reply that they had matched my status to Grand Admiral. Chris got a reply that they had "completed the status match" but didn't tell her to what level.

About 2 weeks ago we both got emails that our new Grand Admiral Cards were "ready" and we would receive them "soon" but they have not arrived yet. As has been Jazzbeau's experience, our new status is reflected on the Ponant website for some time now.

Suggest checking there if you have not done so already, as it may be that they've completed the status match and just not told you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

About 2 weeks ago we both got emails that our new Grand Admiral Cards were "ready" and we would receive them "soon" but they have not arrived yet.

Ditto.  I got that email on Oct. 6, but no card yet.  I don't think DW got that email at all.  I show GA status on the website; DW's log-in is still messed up [but I figure it doesn't matter since I'll be the one booking]

• Like 1

Thanks Zig, JP and Jazzbeau. I keep checking my app but nothing yet. It doesn’t surprise me though because I had so much trouble getting the app to work. Someone had decided to drop the .au off my email address and so the app was never going to work until that was sorted out🤦‍♀️

Cheers

Jennifer

On 9/12/2023 at 9:33 AM, Jim_Iain said:
On 9/12/2023 at 8:21 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

I sent mine to usreservations@ponant.com with the requested proof of status.

Make sure you reference the name of your Club as opposed to Cruise Line Name -

e.g.   Captain's Club by Celebrity

For those in the US still looking for status match a follow up email to: usreservations@ponant.com. did the trick. See above.

Thanks again JP and Jim!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, TouchstoneFeste said:

To close the loop: Each time I contacted the Ponant rep, the response was very quick, but not always helpful. I'd misunderstood the most recent response (after I'd sent in the screenshot) - the rep didn't explicitly ask for more information, so I let it ride for a few weeks. I decided to try again, sending a screenshot that included my name, Bonvoy member number, and the phrase "Valid through xx/xx/xx". I think it was that last thing that turned the trick. I got an approval message within 24 hours and it now shows up on my Ponant welcome page. (Bonvoy Gold Elite = Admiral status.)

Unfortunately, from the messages here, it appears I won't be able to use it on my currently booked trip, so we'll have to see how it works out in the future.

Just to let everyone know when I boarded Le Soleal yesterday I was given a suite upgrade. I checked my room key and it said that I was now a Grand Admiral, so my status match worked even though no one replied to my previous emails.I’m a happy little Vegemite. 

Cheers

Jennifer

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ging466 said:

Just to let everyone know when I boarded Le Soleal yesterday I was given a suite upgrade. I checked my room key and it said that I was now a Grand Admiral, so my status match worked even though no one replied to my previous emails.I’m a happy little Vegemite. 

Cheers

Jennifer

C'est magnifique! Welcome to the club! I'm glad to hear that the status match worked for you. Have a great great cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ebdb said:

Is the status match only available to those who have already sailed with Ponant? I am about to book my first cruise on Ponant.

I think not, based on my reading of the T&Cs. Go for it.

3 hours ago, ebdb said:

Is the status match only available to those who have already sailed with Ponant? I am about to book my first cruise on Ponant.

We have never sailed with Ponant! In fact we've only ever taken one cruise and that was with Silversea. But we used our Marriott Bonvoy status for the status match, and Ponant recognized it straight away. We were given the 7.5% discount when we booked our upcoming trip! Many thanks to this forum for the tip!

I got my Ponant Grand Admiral loyal card and packet in the mail today!

Still waiting for DW's – will give it until next week, then call Ponant.  I put in the same proofs for her, but I can't check because her sign-in is messed up.  Hopefully they can fix that when I call.

• Like 1

I'm also wondering this: We did the status match and now are at the Admiral level and we are taking our first cruise with Ponant. If we take three more cruises will we move to Grand Admiral? Or we'd still need to wait until we've sailed 7 times with Ponant?