Ponant Offering Status Match -

Jim_Iain

I think the T&C which were linked earlier in this thread will answer both questions. Try the link in the very first post. I read them a while ago so my memory may be fuzzy. Or maybe it was the 15h flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg that I was on last night...

3 hours ago, ging466 said:

Does anyone know how long the status match lasts? I have another cruise booked for August next year so am hoping that I will still have Grand Admiral then. Not sure how it works.

Thanks

Jennifer

The FAQs said it was permanent - and would last until you gained the next higher level.

3 hours ago, Becky2010 said:

I'm also wondering this: We did the status match and now are at the Admiral level and we are taking our first cruise with Ponant. If we take three more cruises will we move to Grand Admiral? Or we'd still need to wait until we've sailed 7 times with Ponant?

The latter. You can't earn a higher level until you've taken the required number of cruises. The FAQs give examples I think. Basically the status match promotes you to a new level but does NOT give you a head start earning the level above the one you matched to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I think the T&C which were linked earlier in this thread will answer both questions. Try the link in the very first post. I read them a while ago so my memory may be fuzzy. Or maybe it was the 15h flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg that I was on last night...

The FAQs said it was permanent - and would last until you gained the next higher level.

The latter. You can't earn a higher level until you've taken the required number of cruises. The FAQs give examples I think. Basically the status match promotes you to a new level but does NOT give you a head start earning the level above the one you matched to.

Thank you!! And have a great trip!!

• Thanks 1

My understanding is that the status match is permanent, but you have to earn the next upgrade by meeting the regular threshold.  In my case, we have 2 Ponant cruises so we were at the Major level.  With status match we are now Grand Admiral, but still at 2 cruises.  To move to Commodore we will need 18 more cruises, not just the 13 between GA and CO [i.e. we need the full 20].  But GA is still pretty sweet!

Of course, as with all loyalty programs: you aren't entitled to anything, it's all a gift – so the cruise line can change the rules anytime they want...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My understanding is that the status match is permanent, but you have to earn the next upgrade by meeting the regular threshold.  In my case, we have 2 Ponant cruises so we were at the Major level.  With status match we are now Grand Admiral, but still at 2 cruises.  To move to Commodore we will need 18 more cruises, not just the 13 between GA and CO [i.e. we need the full 20].  But GA is still pretty sweet!

Of course, as with all loyalty programs: you aren't entitled to anything, it's all a gift – so the cruise line can change the rules anytime they want...

I feel like Admiral is pretty sweet! I'm personally very excited about the free laundry! 😂

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, Becky2010 said:

We have never sailed with Ponant! In fact we've only ever taken one cruise and that was with Silversea. But we used our Marriott Bonvoy status for the status match, and Ponant recognized it straight away. We were given the 7.5% discount when we booked our upcoming trip! Many thanks to this forum for the tip!

On 11/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, jpalbny said:

I think not, based on my reading of the T&Cs. Go for it.

Thank you, Becky2010, for your specific answer (very helpful) and jpalbny for the encouragement! Appreciate everyone's contributions -- happy sailing!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, Becky2010 said:

We have never sailed with Ponant! In fact we've only ever taken one cruise and that was with Silversea. But we used our Marriott Bonvoy status for the status match, and Ponant recognized it straight away. We were given the 7.5% discount when we booked our upcoming trip! Many thanks to this forum for the tip!

What was the process for getting the 7.5% discount on your first Ponant cruise? Did you get an email confirmation of your new Admiral status that you then mentioned/forwarded to your TA? A number of folks have remarked that they did not receive any indication that their status match request had been approved, while others found out their status had been matched only after they logged into their account.

On my mobile, I am not seeing a way to create a Ponant account — is this only available to those who have already booked a cruise?

4 hours ago, ebdb said:

What was the process for getting the 7.5% discount on your first Ponant cruise? Did you get an email confirmation of your new Admiral status that you then mentioned/forwarded to your TA? A number of folks have remarked that they did not receive any indication that their status match request had been approved, while others found out their status had been matched only after they logged into their account.

On my mobile, I am not seeing a way to create a Ponant account — is this only available to those who have already booked a cruise?

When I started looking at this cruise, I was emailing with a Ponant Rep who was actually in Europe. She held the cabin for me, and I send her a screenshot of our Marriott Bonvoy gold elite “digital cards” from the Bonvoy apps in our phones. She applied the discount to the quote she had given me. Then when I was ready to book, she actually transferred the booking to Ponant US and then I booked it through my travel agent (so that I received an additional discount). The booking created a Ponant account number for me, and when I went ahead and set up the account on the Ponant website using that number it also showed that I was at an Admiral level. Btw if only I had the Bonvoy status they wouldn’t have taken the discount off of my husband’s rate, but he also has the same status since he has his own authorized user card. And for anyone reading this who has an Am Ex Platinum but hasn’t set up their status on Bonvoy - it’s very easy! You log into your Amex account online, and go to the benefits tab. Then go to Marriott Bonvoy and enter your account number there (and set up a Bonvoy account first if you haven’t already). Then it takes about 24-48 hours for your status on Bonvoy to show up! Hope that’s helpful! 🤓

7 hours ago, Becky2010 said:

When I started looking at this cruise, I was emailing with a Ponant Rep who was actually in Europe. She held the cabin for me, and I send her a screenshot of our Marriott Bonvoy gold elite “digital cards” from the Bonvoy apps in our phones. She applied the discount to the quote she had given me. Then when I was ready to book, she actually transferred the booking to Ponant US and then I booked it through my travel agent (so that I received an additional discount). The booking created a Ponant account number for me, and when I went ahead and set up the account on the Ponant website using that number it also showed that I was at an Admiral level. Btw if only I had the Bonvoy status they wouldn’t have taken the discount off of my husband’s rate, but he also has the same status since he has his own authorized user card. And for anyone reading this who has an Am Ex Platinum but hasn’t set up their status on Bonvoy - it’s very easy! You log into your Amex account online, and go to the benefits tab. Then go to Marriott Bonvoy and enter your account number there (and set up a Bonvoy account first if you haven’t already). Then it takes about 24-48 hours for your status on Bonvoy to show up! Hope that’s helpful! 🤓

Thanks very much, Becky2010! BTW, I was able to create a Ponant account using my desktop. Awaiting a response to my status match request. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ebdb said:

Thanks very much, Becky2010! BTW, I was able to create a Ponant account using my desktop. Awaiting a response to my status match request. 🤞🏼

Oops, I fear I may have disqualified myself from using a referral discount by creating the account. Yikes. We’ll see.

4 minutes ago, ebdb said:

Oops, I fear I may have disqualified myself from using a referral discount by creating the account. Yikes. We’ll see.

😬 I am very new to cruising, but it does seem like there are so many different ways to lower the price of things! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Belated update - we got our new Yacht Club cards in the mail at some point while we were away earlier this month. They were in the pile of mail which was awaiting our return on Sunday night. Now, we just need to book another cruise! We looked at one for next October but didn't follow through.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Belated update - we got our new Yacht Club cards in the mail at some point while we were away earlier this month. They were in the pile of mail which was awaiting our return on Sunday night. Now, we just need to book another cruise! We looked at one for next October but didn't follow through.

Good news JP.

Now that I'm a Grand Admiral I approached Ponant earlier in the week and asked them if I could get more discount on my Kimberley cruise next August....they came back with a YES and repriced the cruise for me. This status match has been excellent!

Cheers

Jennifer

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Thanks for posting.  This reminded me that while I got my GA card a while ago, DW never did – which makes me wonder what's going on with her Ponant account [since we can't sign in to it even after multiple password resets].  Added to my calendar for Monday...