GUARANTEE BOOKING.

comas

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 3:05 PM, Roland4 said:

And OC required you to sign a waiver acknowledging that the sofa bed was not really suitable for an adult and that no cabin changes would be allowed. With the reconfiguration there are probably not many of the old Triples left, so I wonder if NC still requires the waiver.

Just clarifying some of the above posts...  The mini-beds in the doubles are all gone now, so only the full-size convertibles in the larger suites remain.  (...At least on Serenity, so I assume on Symphony too.)

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 7:01 AM, Sdancer said:

514 was a place holder (a code) for GTY.

I had a solo GTY since January, then Crystal assigned me a solo cabin on deck 7 two weeks ago.

514 code had nothing to do with Deck 5.

Please see other member’s post #41 about 514 place holder for GTY.

I just wanted to add that it's not always 514...  I had a two digit number on my cruise this month, and my friends on the same sailing had different numbers from mine but also mostly two digit.  I don't know if there is any significance to the value or not (like a booking order to help determine assignment order), because I wasn't able to tie to anything yet.  Maybe after a few more cruises I'll be able to decipher it, or if we get an explanation from Crystal we'll know more.

Vince

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 12:46 PM, BWIVince said:

I just wanted to add that it's not always 514...  I had a two digit number on my cruise this month, and my friends on the same sailing had different numbers from mine but also mostly two digit.  I don't know if there is any significance to the value or not (like a booking order to help determine assignment order), because I wasn't able to tie to anything yet.  Maybe after a few more cruises I'll be able to decipher it, or if we get an explanation from Crystal we'll know more.

Vince

My friend and I got the same code holder number 514 for solo cabins on the same cruise.

We booked in the same week.

My friend got his cabin assignment well before mine.

We have the same TA (outside of Crystal).

Based on these four factors, my guess would be that code holder number probably corresponds to a GTY category rather than to an assignment order. 

But who knows with the NC?

NC reservations department could not explain to me the process of assigning a cabin for GTY bookings and what 514 meant.

There is a huge difference between wonderful customer service on board Crystal ships and poor customer service at the Florida office.

My email to Guest Services was forwarded to the Reservations asking the Reservations to contact me.

I was not contacted - it has been two weeks. I contacted Guest Services again letting them know that Reservations did not contact me. This time I did not get a reply from them either.

Edited by Sdancer

51 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

My friend and I got the same code holder number 514 for solo cabins on the same cruise.

Based on these four factors, my guess would be that code holder number probably corresponds to a GTY category rather than to an assignment order. 

NC reservations department could not explain to me the process of assigning a cabin for GTY bookings and what 514 meant.

There is a huge difference between wonderful customer service on board Crystal ships and poor customer service at the Florida office.

My email to Guest Services was forwarded to the Reservations asking the Reservations to contact me.

I was not contacted - it has been two weeks. I contacted Guest Services again letting them know that Reservations did not contact me. This time I did not get a reply from them either.

I agree about the home office, but in fairness to Crystal and based on my experience back when I was a travel agent (and more recently as an intermediary), reservations departments at every travel supplier often take the agent (or customer if you take on their work) driving the situation if you’re trying to get an answer or task completed that is outside what their staff/contractors have at their fingertips.  They are all structured for volume and speed, not research and resolution, and sometimes you have to be persistent to make progress.  I had an email that was also just ignored completely by the home office for this cruise, but it wasn’t an emergency so I just dropped it.

Im not sure that’s the answer about the code though…. Our agent booked 3 bookings for us in the same category, on the same cruise, all guarantee, and we got 3 different numbers.  I’m definitely not saying I know what it does mean though, so your guess is as good as mine, it’s just inconsistent with my experience.

Vince

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sdancer said:

Hello SDancer, could you please email our Trade Reservations team at tradereservations@crystalcruise.com for further assistance. As Cruise Critic Threads does not list your personal information please state your name from this platform in the email. Thank you, Crystal Guest Relations

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Crystal Guest Relations said:

Hello SDancer, could you please email our Trade Reservations team at tradereservations@crystalcruise.com for further assistance. As Cruise Critic Threads does not list your personal information please state your name from this platform in the email. Thank you, Crystal Guest Relations

I sent the email to the email address provided (using "copy and paste") in your post and received the following:

"Fri, Aug 2 at 1:42 PM

photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up."

Crystal Guest Reservations could not even provide their correct email address when asking me to contact them.
Could it be a missing letter S  from @crystalcruises.com and not @crystalcruise.com in tradereservation@crystalcruise.com?🙂

Sorry, but my post about poor customer experience with the Crystal home office was correct, again :(.

Edited by Sdancer

6 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

I sent the email to the email address provided (using "copy and paste") in your post and received the following:

"Fri, Aug 2 at 1:42 PM

photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up."

Crystal Guest Reservations could not even provide their correct email address when asking me to contact them.
Could it be a missing letter S  from @crystalcruises.com and not @crystalcruise.com in tradereservation@crystalcruise.com?🙂

Hello Sdancer, our apologizes you are correct. It is tradereservations@crystalcruises.com. We have shared your post with the Trade Reservations Team and they are awaiting your email. Thank you, Crystal Guest Relations

13 minutes ago, Crystal Guest Relations said:

Hello Sdancer, our apologizes you are correct. It is tradereservations@crystalcruises.com. We have shared your post with the Trade Reservations Team and they are awaiting your email. Thank you, Crystal Guest Relations

How about posting an explanation for everyone on this thread to learn what those 3 and 2 digits codes for GTYs mean? For example, mine was 514 for a solo GTY.

Also, it would be helpful for all with GTYs to learn the NC process/protocol of assigning cabins to GTYs.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Sdancer said:

How about posting an explanation for everyone on this thread to learn what those 3 and 2 digits codes for GTYs mean? For example, mine was 514 for a solo GTY.

Also, it would be helpful for all with GTYs to learn the NC process/protocol of assigning cabins to GTYs.

Thank you.

I’ve been trying to understand why you think this would be helpful. AFAIK, the whole process is totally out of your hands. What are you looking for?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, May B said:

I’ve been trying to understand why you think this would be helpful. AFAIK, the whole process is totally out of your hands. What are you looking for?

You might be right. I assumed that since a few of us on this thread had this discussion about 2-3 digits codes for GTYs, we would want to know.

My professional experience is in AI and apps development, and I am curious. I would never put unexplained inner-working codes on the front end for guests to see.

What is the reason for NC  not to have "GTY" in bookings until cabins assigned, as per cruise industry standard, instead of unexplained 2-3 digits codes?

Edited by Sdancer
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

What is the reason for NC  not to have "GTY" in bookings until cabins assigned, as per cruise industry standard, instead of unexplained 2-3 digits codes?

I think the answer to your question is NC had to basically reinvent the wheel with respect to all things computer related and making the change you suggest is WAY down the list of things to do to have a "perfect" system. One thing all Crystal cruisers know is back office never has and never will be the same quality as what happens on the ships and we are happy with the ship's quality.

Patty

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I think the answer to your question is NC had to basically reinvent the wheel with respect to all things computer related and making the change you suggest is WAY down the list of things to do to have a "perfect" system. One thing all Crystal cruisers know is back office never has and never will be the same quality as what happens on the ships and we are happy with the ship's quality.

Patty

I see your point, but I did not suggest any changes.

I had a question about the codes.

It most probably took more programming to display 2-3 digit codes instead of GTY.

Edited by Sdancer

3 hours ago, Sdancer said:

You might be right. I assumed that since a few of us on this thread had this discussion about 2-3 digits codes for GTYs, we would want to know.

My professional experience is in AI and apps development, and I am curious. I would never put unexplained inner-working codes on the front end for guests to see.

That’s a good question, and I went to see my friend’s GTY booking. She made it about seven weeks prior to her cruise, so perhaps this is why her booking just said GTY. I wasn’t sure if I was looking where you saw 514, or not.

Exactly 30 days prior to her cruise, her stateroom was assigned, and here’s even better news. She booked with another guest who also had a single GTY. They requested staterooms next to each other … and that’s what they got!

They got double Oceanview, exactly as you would have suspected.

25 minutes ago, May B said:

That’s a good question, and I went to see my friend’s GTY booking. She made it about seven weeks prior to her cruise, so perhaps this is why her booking just said GTY. I wasn’t sure if I was looking where you saw 514, or not.

Exactly 30 days prior to her cruise, her stateroom was assigned, and here’s even better news. She booked with another guest who also had a single GTY. They requested staterooms next to each other … and that’s what they got!

They got double Oceanview, exactly as you would have suspected.

514 is displayed under "suite number" in "My Bookings" in the Crystal app on smart phone or via www.crystalcruises.com after sign-in. 

22 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

514 is displayed under "suite number" in "My Bookings" in the Crystal app on smart phone or via www.crystalcruises.com after sign-in. 

Oh! And all this time, I thought you were talking about your invoice from Crystal. I guess I’m not getting a good grade in reading comprehension.

8 minutes ago, May B said:

Oh! And all this time, I thought you were talking about your invoice from Crystal. I guess I’m not getting a good grade in reading comprehension.

You are fine!🙂

The usual assumption would be an invoice, not an on-line account.

• Like 1

One thing I’ll throw out there along the lines of Patty’s post... When they first rolled out the passenger portal, I wasn’t as concerned about the weird two digit number I had for my pending guaranteed stateroom because I knew they were still going to have a lot more config/integration/programming work to do on that field when they eventually integrate an online booking engine and more res tools.  Since whatever they have in place is temporary to some degree and will require rework anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if that factored into what we’re seeing… I’m sure there is only so much double-work they want to sink money into.

Vince

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

One thing I’ll throw out there along the lines of Patty’s post... When they first rolled out the passenger portal, I wasn’t as concerned about the weird two digit number I had for my pending guaranteed stateroom because I knew they were still going to have a lot more config/integration/programming work to do on that field when they eventually integrate an online booking engine and more res tools.  Since whatever they have in place is temporary to some degree and will require rework anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised if that factored into what we’re seeing… I’m sure there is only so much double-work they want to sink money into.

Vince

As always, we are so fortunate to have the Voice of Vince on our boards.

Edited by May B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just as an example, I have two guarantee bookings, one on Symphony and one on Serenity. The suite number on Symphony is 874, and the one on Serenity is 1. It would be interesting to know just what they mean.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 2:17 PM, Crystal Guest Relations said:

Thank you for your reply and trying to help me.

I emailed the Crystal Trade Reservations with cc: to your Department, Guest Relations.

I got an Automatic Reply from Trade Reservations. There was the phone number to call  - 800-446-6620 Option 1.

It is a general number and the option 1 is for Travel Advisors which I am not.

The VP from my travel agency was contacting Crystal multiple times since last week trying to help me.
He got a promise of a fix from Crystal to be done last Friday, but, unfortunately,  Crystal did not follow through on their promise to him :(.

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 8:18 AM, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

Hi Patty,

You are absolutely correct about very different, much better, experience on board than at home office.

In case of the New Crystal it is much worse.

I had a good experience with the Old Crystal Home Office.

All Crystal hires at the home office came from the Silversea, not from the old Crystal.

There is a big difference between a big corporation greed focused on a bottom line and a boutique cruise line focused on customers, New Crystal v.s. Old Crystal.

It was smart to bring back on board employees from the Old Crystal to retain Old Crystal guests, but the first impression about the New Crystal, especially for new comers, starts with the home office experience, and it not good.

A funny fact: when I called Crystal reservations just asking if a better location became available for my solo cabin, I got a cheerful reply to pay for two people to get a better location!!!

Edited by Sdancer

7 hours ago, Sdancer said:

I had a good experience with the Old Crystal Home Office.

I never thought I'd live to hear someone say that, but today's the day, and I need to go buy a lottery ticket. 😄  Almost everyone I know either had no experience with the old home office, or a bad one.  I never had a direct experience with the Miami office, but back before the move, the L.A. office was a 20-something year slow-moving train wreck.  

I love Crystal and all of its history, but I'm pretty sure more people have walked on the moon than the number of passengers (not agents) that had more good experiences than bad with Crystal's home office.

IMHO, hiring experienced sales and res execs from Silversea is a darn good start.  Just my $.02 -- not taking away from your experience.

Vince

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

I never thought I'd live to hear someone say that, but today's the day, and I need to go buy a lottery ticket. 😄  Almost everyone I know either had no experience with the old home office, or a bad one.  I never had a direct experience with the Miami office, but back before the move, the L.A. office was a 20-something year slow-moving train wreck.  

I love Crystal and all of its history, but I'm pretty sure more people have walked on the moon than the number of passengers (not agents) that had more good experiences than bad with Crystal's home office.

IMHO, hiring experienced sales and res execs from Silversea is a darn good start.  Just my $.02 -- not taking away from your experience.

Vince

Hi Vince,

I must have been very lucky in the past :). But I forgot about my bad experience with Silversea Reservations!

My MO is to book directly to be in charge of my booking than transfer the booking to my TA.

I had even worse experience with the Silversea reservations when I booked door-to-door Galapagos cruise. Silversea TA lied to me to get my booking.

I found out very soon that my booking was based on a false information provided by the Silversea agent. Silversea  advised me that I was given wrong info by their agent but still charged me $1000 admin fee to cancel. My TA have tried with Siversea to waive admin fee but could not do anything about it. Silversea made $1000 from me in just a couple of days.

It was my first and last booking with Silversea :).

Edited by Sdancer
  • Like 2