Plus package for non-drinker?

Sandie5

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I believe they get a half dozen of airline bottles of alcohol as well as mixers.  Can be swapped out for water.  It's what the non drinkers do.

Ooohhhh the minibar set up

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I believe they get a half dozen of airline bottles of alcohol as well as mixers.  Can be swapped out for water.  It's what the non drinkers do.

Elite Mini bar- 8 small bottles of alcohol, 2 beers, 4 Soda, 4 small water 

2 hours ago, that said:

Bottles of water an Elite benefit?

2 hours ago, phabric said:

As Elite you get 4 bottles of water.

Elites receive (at the beginning of a cruise voyage) a mini-bar consisting of 10 beverages with alcohol content and 10 without.  Normally a couple of plain water in the mix and Perrier or Pellegrino.  Guests can elect to swap out items.  Alcohol items can be swapped for other alcohol or non-alcohol and the non-alcohol for non-alcohol.  A guest could, for example, swap the entire mini-bar for 20 bottles of water (500ml size).

Edited by Steelers36

26 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Does Princess now offer zero drinks like coke zero or sprite zero, or still just the standard ones in cans?

Enjoyed both Coke Zero and Sprite Zero on the Discovery for 14 days in April of 2022 and recently on the Majestic for 14 days in Alaska.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Enjoyed both Coke Zero and Sprite Zero on the Discovery for 14 days in April of 2022 and recently on the Majestic for 14 days in Alaska.

I wasn't aware they finally had coke and sprite zero as options.  That's good to know, thanks.  I assume they could be swapped for the mini bar setup like any other soda, yes?

Are they available fleetwide now?  Would change my bring on board strategy.  Wouldn't need to bring them at embaration, and could instead get more at ports as needed.

Edited by kywildcatfanone

I'm one on the fence, when we sail it will be 4 adults and one teen. Teen drinks soda, mocktails, and water. Hubby drinks soda and water, two sons drink beer, wine, and a cocktail sometimes, plus soda, water, and specialty coffees. Me I drink everything but soda 😁 but some days just coffee, tea and water I need to be in the mood.

WiFi big draw for the boys and we always do auto tip anyway so that wouldn't change. 

I am reading the package can be purchased on board the first day? I always have a boat load of OBC maybe will do that. Hate that we need to pay for excursions before we sail use to use OBC for these. Last time waited had next to nothing available so that is no longer an option either.

Thanks folks as always a wealth of knowledge on these boards.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:20 PM, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We are always amused by how many people we meet at Coroner's drinking Martini's who claim they don't drink!

A little off topic but I am always amused by the people who say they don't gamble that much but get free cruises!  

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I wasn't aware they finally had coke and sprite zero as options.  That's good to know, thanks.  I assume they could be swapped for the mini bar setup like any other soda, yes?

Are they available fleetwide now?  Would change my bring on board strategy.  Wouldn't need to bring them at embaration, and could instead get more at ports as needed.

I can only go by our first hand experience on our two different sailings.  We have future bookings on the Enchanted and the Sun, so I would assume since they are the #1&3 ships in the fleet in terms of newness, that both of them would have the Zero options.

4 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I can only go by our first hand experience on our two different sailings.  We have future bookings on the Enchanted and the Sun, so I would assume since they are the #1&3 ships in the fleet in terms of newness, that both of them would have the Zero options.

Thanks.  I'm genuinely curious if coke zero and sprite zero are now available in quantity across the fleet, at least via US embarkation ports.  That would be good information to know.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:20 PM, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We are always amused by how many people we meet at Coroner's drinking Martini's who claim they don't drink!

Raises hand! I don't drink generally but I would on a cruise and it would definitely be a (vodka) Martini! 😀

What I find weird is that the healthcare industry considered moderate drinking to be 1-2 drinks A DAY. Their questionnaires offer the choice of 0 drinks a day or 1-2 a day. My 12 drinks a year don't really fit in either category.

21 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I'm one on the fence, when we sail it will be 4 adults and one teen. Teen drinks soda, mocktails, and water. Hubby drinks soda and water, two sons drink beer, wine, and a cocktail sometimes, plus soda, water, and specialty coffees. Me I drink everything but soda 😁 but some days just coffee, tea and water I need to be in the mood.

WiFi big draw for the boys and we always do auto tip anyway so that wouldn't change. 

I am reading the package can be purchased on board the first day? I always have a boat load of OBC maybe will do that. Hate that we need to pay for excursions before we sail use to use OBC for these. Last time waited had next to nothing available so that is no longer an option either.

Thanks folks as always a wealth of knowledge on these boards.

Your post is a little rambling, so not sure if you had a specific questions? It's not too clear?

You can use OBC to pay for excursions before you sail.

Yes you can purchase the package onboard the first day using OBC.

I assume you have multiple cabins? Seems like for sure the two sons that drink should be in one cabin with the Plus package. The rest of you not as likely to benefit from Plus, but you'll have to do the math.

11 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Your post is a little rambling, so not sure if you had a specific questions? It's not too clear?

I assume you have multiple cabins? Seems like for sure the two sons that drink should be in one cabin with the Plus package. The rest of you not as likely to benefit from Plus, but you'll have to do the math.

I was unable to pay for excursion with OBC pre-cruise.

46 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I was unable to pay for excursion with OBC pre-cruise.

That is odd when I go to book an excursion before sailing the system prompts me to ask do you want to use your OBC ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sorry for the confusion. The OBC I get doesn't show until we board it's from my Princess Visa. I tried to swap out two excursions in Oct. to use my OBC because was told cancel for credit card credit rebook using OBC. Nope your were waitlisted as soon as I cancelled I lost one of them to somebody else. The other was canceled.

I will use it to purchase the packages though, thank you very much.