Booking a cabin for some one else

We are seniors, military, and Diamond on RCCL. We are booked on a TA on the Explorer in Oct and got a great rate. Now my son and girlfriend would also like to go on this cruise but when he entered his info, the price was higher than what I would pay. Can I book a separate cabin for him under my rates or must he do it himself and pay the higher price?

Cheers

Len

You cannot simply book a cabin for HIM using your name. What you CAN do is book the 2nd cabin under your or your husband's name and put your son or his girlfriend in that cabin also. Then put your son (or his girlfriend) in your original cabin with you. AS long as one of the original people stay in your original cabin, you can change names of the 2nd person therefore allowing one of you to use your discounts for your son's cabin. When you get on the ship, go to Guest Services and tell them who is staying in which cabin and they will issue new Seapass cards.

Edited to add: Be aware that you (he) will pay the current rate for the cabin minus whatever discounts you qualify for. He will not automatically get the same rate you paid for your original cabin.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

30 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are seniors, military, and Diamond on RCCL. We are booked on a TA on the Explorer in Oct and got a great rate. Now my son and girlfriend would also like to go on this cruise but when he entered his info, the price was higher than what I would pay. Can I book a separate cabin for him under my rates or must he do it himself and pay the higher price?

Cheers

Len

Good advice above but what were the discounts for.  Assuming that your wife is also a senior and Diamond both cabins would be eligible for those but unless you wife also qualifies for a military discount that would only be applicable to one cabin. 

• Like 2