Princess and Amex offers

cusematt4

I'm still wondering about the "excludes cruise personalizer" and "excludes if not booked at time of reservation" for excursions...these are the kinds of things I hope the promo would apply to since it requires a single purchase of at least $700. Deposits right now are $250 per cabin when making a new booking. 

I just used this offer for a final payment that was due in few days and I received email notification that I used this offer from Amex and will get $175 back. I asked the agent to use the $700 for the fare. I used a different credit card for the rest of the payment. I guess that the offer will be applied in the end but it worth trying if you have it . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Pansy2801 said:

I just used this offer for a final payment that was due in few days and I received email notification that I used this offer from Amex and will get $175 back. I asked the agent to use the $700 for the fare. I used a different credit card for the rest of the payment. I guess that the offer will be applied in the end but it worth trying if you have it . 

Oh thank you! So it worked for a payment on an already booked cruise. That's a good sign. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pansy2801 said:

I am not surprised that your final payment on an existing cruise booking worked.  I do not read the terms and conditions as limited to new bookings.

Edited by Petersonfcu

1 hour ago, Pansy2801 said:

Thank you for this.  Please come back and let us know if the $175 was deducted on you cc statement and went through.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pansy2801 said:

For now the payment is pending, but I want to add that both my husband and I have the blue Amex and we both got the offer. We booked this cruise directly with Princess so I told the agent to use for each of us a $700 for fare (not taxes or insurance) on each of the cards and the rest on a third different one ( all cards these days offer incentives to use them ). We used an Amex offer few years ago and at the time we had a TA who also was able to use both offers. I will come back when I will know if indeed we save today $350 on this cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:10 AM, Pansy2801 said:

For now the payment is pending, but I want to add that both my husband and I have the blue Amex and we both got the offer. We booked this cruise directly with Princess so I told the agent to use for each of us a $700 for fare (not taxes or insurance) on each of the cards and the rest on a third different one ( all cards these days offer incentives to use them ). We used an Amex offer few years ago and at the time we had a TA who also was able to use both offers. I will come back when I will know if indeed we save today $350 on this cruise.

I just want to report that I got $175 credited to my account. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/20/2023 at 5:03 AM, EllieinNJ said:

So I presume they only give you one $175 credit even if you both have the offer?

I have received the credit multiple times in the past using family cards as long as they also have the offer and the charges are done on each applicable card.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 7:03 AM, EllieinNJ said:

So I presume they only give you one $175 credit even if you both have the offer?

On 11/20/2023 at 7:32 AM, Cruise Raider said:

I believe if you have different accounts, you can both use the offer.  

We have two cards and each of us is primary on one. We both had the offer and each of us received $175. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pansy2801 said:

We have two cards and each of us is primary on one. We both had the offer and each of us received $175. 

Now that you mention it I think I'm primary on my card.  The last two digits are different on our cards but we get one bill.  We do have other Amex cards but the Princess discount only shows up on our blue card.

18 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Now that you mention it I think I'm primary on my card.  The last two digits are different on our cards but we get one bill.  We do have other Amex cards but the Princess discount only shows up on our blue card.

After we made the payments, the offers disappeared from our accounts. So first I think that you should see if both cards have the offer. Use first on the card that is primary, and if you still have it on the second card it will give you the $175 credit. If not ….