Getting rental car at Port Canaveral for day

joestein514

I am going to be at Port Canaveral for the day on Wednesday 8/23.  My ship docs at Cruise Terminal 10.   We want to rent a car for the day.  

I see there are a lot of bad reviews for Budget.   But I see plenty of bad reviews for Avis.   I see some recommendations for Enterprise, but it is closed that day.

Any recommendations?

I have already made a budget reservation and I have fast break.

Edited by joestein514

We booked with Costco and used Budget which we picked up our 2nd pre-cruise day. Since there were no ships in it couldn't have been quicker and easier. We returned the car morning of cruise after DH had dropped our extended family and luggage off at the port and he used their shuttle back to us and was gone no more than 25 min total...Worked well for us.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:37 PM, KP@Sea said:

We used Budget and had Fast Break in May and it was an awful experience. I would believe the negative reviews. 

Have you looked into Alamo? Are they still available at PC?

Can I ask what happened?

56 minutes ago, xcell said:

Can I ask what happened?

When we disembarked we waited 90 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up to take us to the rental office.

There we waited 60 minutes to get to the counter, only to find out they didn’t have the vehicle we reserved. They had our reservation, just not a vehicle. We waited another hour for a car to be turned in, so it could be turned over for our use. 
The car was not cleaned, just handed the keys to us. It was filthy inside. Fast food wrappers, beer cans (😳) and other trash inside. We had only rented for 9 hours, and we used 4 already. 
Prior to returning the car @ MCO, we filled the gas tank. Luckily, I had taken a picture of the dash. When we arrived home, I noticed I was charged a penalty for returning the car on empty, plus the cost of gas for them to fill it up. I had to involve my CC company to resolve. 

I have a rental reserved with Budget for a Friday Oct 27th.  We are also at terminal 10 and don't get in until 1pm.  By the time we get off the ship, take a shuttle and get the car probably won't be until after 2 if we are lucky and everything is on time.  The car has to be returned by closing, 6pm.  All this doesn't seem feasible so I think we are going to cancel this rental car.

On 7/23/2023 at 10:36 AM, joestein514 said:

Anybody have experience with Avis at the Port Canaveral Cruise Port

I have the same question - I just changed my reservation from Bugdet to AVIS - we will see how it goes this Friday... 🙂

On 7/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, EllieinNJ said:

I have a rental reserved with Budget for a Friday Oct 27th.  We are also at terminal 10 and don't get in until 1pm.  By the time we get off the ship, take a shuttle and get the car probably won't be until after 2 if we are lucky and everything is on time.  The car has to be returned by closing, 6pm.  All this doesn't seem feasible so I think we are going to cancel this rental car.

these places usually have a drop box for the keys for an an after hours return ..... then you can taxi/uber back to the ship . . . .

14 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

these places usually have a drop box for the keys for an an after hours return ..... then you can taxi/uber back to the ship . . . .

Unfortunately Budget does not.  We checked.

• 2 weeks later...