St. John, New Brunswick Where to go with Rental Car

Tall22

We will be in St. John for two days. I am taking a tour on our second day there, St. Martins and The Bay of Fundy. I have a rental car reserved on the first day there and would like suggestions as to where to go. I had plans for one trip with it but those changed. Now I am up in the air as to whether to keep or cancellation the car reservation. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

We've sailed to Saint John at least four times, and have always stayed right there, walking around the city.  I plan to do the HOHO bus on one of our two days there this year, for the first time, but there are so many things within walking distance of the ship that I'd never think of renting a car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It sounds like you are hitting the highlights with St Martins and Bay of Fundy.

Fredericton is a lovely small city (was born there) but I would say skip the car rental and stay more local in Saint John (and be prepared for folks to correct you on the abbreviating the name of their city to "St." John - it's a local joke and/or sore point with locals and a reason they are often confused with St. John's NFLD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

It sounds like you are hitting the highlights with St Martins and Bay of Fundy.

Fredericton is a lovely small city (was born there) but I would say skip the car rental and stay more local in Saint John (and be prepared for folks to correct you on the abbreviating the name of their city to "St." John - it's a local joke and/or sore point with locals and a reason they are often confused with St. John's NFLD.

Thanks for the advice and for educating me on the correct name of Saint John! 😄I understand that there can be confusion regarding St. John's and Saint John. I was confused when I started looking for excursions. When trying to locate sites on the map things just weren't lining up. I couldn't find the addresses I was looking for. I even tried booking something in St. John's and the provider gave me a heads up and advised that I make sure which port we were going to. I was very grateful for that advice!

Edited by Tall22