Plaza Deck Cabins

moodyb1

The Grand Class ships have cabins on Plaza Deck Forward and in the past we have booked these cabins. We have now noticed that the Forward cabins on Plaza Deck on these ships are no longer available. You can still get a Mid-Forward Plaza cabin on these ships. Does anyone know why these Forward cabins are no longer available?

Thanks,

Arlene

I had a mid-forward Plaza deck cabin on Emerald Princess - P328 - and it was the worst cabin I have ever had. Extra narrow so you can only have a bedside table on one side of the bed and a very narrow walkway on the other side. Extremely noisy at all times with banging and bumping as well as insane stabilizer noise. The location was great but the cabin was terrible. Never again. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I had a mid-forward Plaza deck cabin on Emerald Princess - P328 - and it was the worst cabin I have ever had. Extra narrow so you can only have a bedside table on one side of the bed and a very narrow walkway on the other side. Extremely noisy at all times with banging and bumping as well as insane stabilizer noise. The location was great but the cabin was terrible. Never again. Be careful what you wish for.

I agree the mid-forward cabins are noisy. But I am not asking about those. I am asking about the forward cabins and why those are no longer available. You misunderstood my question. 

How do you know those aren't available anymore? That makes zero sense. Perhaps they are all sold out? I can't imagine Princess not selling any cabin they can.

Edited by Thrak

3 hours ago, moodyb1 said:

The Grand Class ships have cabins on Plaza Deck Forward and in the past we have booked these cabins. We have now noticed that the Forward cabins on Plaza Deck on these ships are no longer available. You can still get a Mid-Forward Plaza cabin on these ships. Does anyone know why these Forward cabins are no longer available?

Thanks,

Arlene

These are Category OF, which is the lowest location category for Non-Obstructed Oceanview.  Princess started selling the lowest location categories in each meta category (any location Category F) as guarantees with non-refundable deposits.  Princess will not allow you to select your cabin.  Doesn't mean that they are all sold out, just means that they are waiting to be assigned by Princess for those who booked guaranteed.  Maybe call Princess and see if someone can bend the rules and assign one to you?  Otherwise, you'd have to book in OE, which is not in the vicinity of where you want to be, if you wanted to select your own cabin.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:
2 hours ago, Thrak said:

How do you know those aren't available anymore? That makes zero sense. Perhaps they are all sold out? I can't imagine Princess not selling any cabin they can.

Because if you try to book one, they are just blank ("whited-out") on the deck plan, unlike Sold cabins. 

Try to book one and you will see what I  mean.

I agree that it doesn't make any sense, so I  am trying to find an answer.

Edited by moodyb1

3 hours ago, moodyb1 said:

Because if you try to book one, they are just blank ("whited-out") on the deck plan, unlike Sold cabins. 

Try to book one and you will see what I  mean.

I agree that it doesn't make any sense, so I  am trying to find an answer.

I have seen those used for crew in the past. They have blocked them off for crew members and crew break rooms. We kept seeing MDR crew and chef’s going back and forth and asked them.

They said it was their break area.  No idea why they would take the whole forward area, unless they have to house entertainers, technical staff etc.

Which ship?

Edited by PacnGoNow

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have seen those used for crew in the past. They have blocked them off for crew members and crew break rooms. We kept seeing MDR crew and chef’s going back and forth and asked them.

They said it was their break area.  No idea why they would take the whole forward area, unless they have to house entertainers, technical staff etc.

Which ship?

I have seen it on the Emerald, Diamond and the Grand so far.

On 7/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, moodyb1 said:

I agree the mid-forward cabins are noisy. But I am not asking about those. I am asking about the forward cabins and why those are no longer available. You misunderstood my question. 

The IF cabin category is a lead-in for Insides and the OF is lead-in for Ocean view and all lead-in categories for Inside thru Mini's are now sold as GTY only and with Non-Refundable deposits.  Go up one category and you can select a cabin from available inventory and have a Refundable deposit.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:38 PM, Thrak said:

See my post #11.  And Post #5.

Edited by Steelers36

• 5 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 6:57 PM, Thrak said:

Thrak … I was just looking to book this cabin and you saved me from making a huge mistake.