Carnival Liberty vs Freedom

Sea Legs

It’s as simple as supply and demand.  I enjoy the vibe of the Liberty. Very laid back and great crew.  If it’s cheaper, I would book it.  We like the Freedom as well, but not enough to pay more for it.  

• Like 1

Freedom does mostly five day cruises with every third cruise a four day.

Liberty does 3 and 4 day cruises to the Bahamas. 

I'm assuming you aren't comparing the 5 day to the 4 day and wondering why it would cost more.

The four day trips on Freedom are over the weekend while Liberty does her four day trips during the week. The weekend trip is going to be more sought after therefore command a higher fare.

That would be my best guess. 

• Like 4

I've sailed on both the Liberty and the Freedom, though both were a while ago.  They're basically identical, so any price difference is likely based on where and when they're sailing.  For the fun of it, here's a horse race from my Freedom cruise in November 2019:

IMG_20191107_111118865.thumb.jpg.85ae08f1480b2ffb90a5f76a62bc4cc0.jpg

17 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've sailed on both the Liberty and the Freedom, though both were a while ago.  They're basically identical, so any price difference is likely based on where and when they're sailing.  For the fun of it, here's a horse race from my Freedom cruise in November 2019:

IMG_20191107_111118865.thumb.jpg.85ae08f1480b2ffb90a5f76a62bc4cc0.jpg

You are bringing back great memories!  Loved when they did the horse racing on Carnival - especially when we were allowed to "buy" the horse, name it, decorate it, and have one of our family be the "jockey" for it!

• Like 1

where is freedom sailing from?    I know the Liberty sails from Port Canaveral, which is a pretty busy cruise port.  They need to be more competitive with their pricing because of that...

this could be the difference between the two

hmmm..  Freedom is a couple years younger than Liberty

and it has a "splash park" for the kids (which the Liberty doesn't) both have waterslides but the Freedom has a more robust water park area and the waterslide itself has more twists & turns that the Liberty's slide.

I wonder if that may be the reason Freedom is more expensive?