Cruise Elite status (not players status)

rhsjr

38 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Of course, you're correct if you're referencing three 7 night B2B cruises.  Those would actually be three separate cruises sailed on consecutive dates.  I am mostly thinking that my next Caribbean cruise on Princess is 14 days.  It only counts as one cruise taken, even though it is more days than 4 West Coast 3 day Mexico/Canada trips.  Again, my point is that if one wants to get to Elite fast and cheap, the West Coast offers the best opportunities to accomplish that goal.  I'm content at Platinum, so I'm not grousing.  💁‍♂️ 

Is it a true 14 day or 2 7 day cruises also sold as a 14 day such as one that I have booked.  If it is 2 7 day cruises then you get 2 credits even if purchased as a 14 day.

37 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Of course, you're correct if you're referencing three 7 night B2B cruises.  Those would actually be three separate cruises sailed on consecutive dates.  I am mostly thinking that my next Caribbean cruise on Princess is 14 days.  It only counts as one cruise taken, even though it is more days than 4 West Coast 3 day Mexico/Canada trips.  Again, my point is that if one wants to get to Elite fast and cheap, the West Coast offers the best opportunities to accomplish that goal.  I'm content at Platinum, so I'm not grousing.  💁‍♂️ 

Yes, the Circle Caribbean is the only one that would be a single voyage in that region.  Otherwise, a partial Canal is typically 10-nights.  A full transit would also be a single voyage from FLL to LA.  I think they are usually 14 nights as well.  Yes, the West Coast has traditionally been the fastest path, but we never flew out there just to rack up credits.  There was one year quite some time back that PCL did a bunch of 3 & 4 nighters out of PE in FL.  That really ballooned the Elite numbers.  Never seen it repeated since.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Is it a true 14 day or 2 7 day cruises also sold as a 14 day such as one that I have booked.  If it is 2 7 day cruises then you get 2 credits even if purchased as a 14 day.

I think that usually the B2B 7 day cruises will start in FLL, return to FLL and the "14" day people stay onboard in the same stateroom.  Mine starts in FLL and circles the Caribbean ending in FLL.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think that usually the B2B 7 day cruises will start in FLL, return to FLL and the "14" day people stay onboard in the same stateroom.  Mine starts in FLL and circles the Caribbean ending in FLL.

We also have that one booked in Feb.  One of the few that goes to Guadalupe.

For us, recently off the 2023 WC - we booked a lot of Princess excursions and that 10% off really added up.  The laundry was great too - altho' on a ship with at least half elites, sometimes it took almost a week to get back.  We went to the Platinum/elite lounge frequently but had done that as platinum too.  Didn't really care about tender priority because we were on excursions.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Right... post 27.

On 7/25/2023 at 12:12 PM, ldtr said:

What benefits have disappeared?

Some have changed.

Internet converted from a number of minutes to 50% discount on unlimited, that occurred many years ago when Princess went away from minute metered internet.  Some people chose to buy packages that negates the benefit since it is included, but that is their choice.

Excursion 10% discount added at that time

Minibar still there though conversion to coffee card no longer available because there is not a coffee card program

Laundry is still there.  We have not had any issues with it.  Turn around time can be a bit long up to 4 days if a lot of Elite on board.  One should also understand that it is hot water safe items.

Priority tender embarkation still there

Priority embarkation at home port still there for those that arrive at port early, same as it always hase been.

The only Elite benefits that I know of that have gone away are:

1. The bag of toiletry items in cabin

2. Some have reported that they have not been able to get the 10% retail discount on sale items.

The loyalty OBC went away, but that was not an Elite benefit.  Though you certainly had to have been on more cruises than Elite status to have qualified for it.

So what exactly has gone away.  Most are still there if one chooses to make use of them.

And I do make use of elite tea on my balcony .... although sometimes they send WAY too much .... amt seems to increase with each cruise 😅🤣😂

20230709_104707.thumb.jpg.e59fa80e6ac446e942a4a70210748fec.jpg (& tokens to do my own laundry ... would rather wait 1 hr than 7 days. Still have some)

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

And I do make use of elite tea on my balcony .... although sometimes they send WAY too much .... amt seems to increase with each cruise 😅🤣😂

This way, you eat less later at the buffet....  🥬🥝🧁🍰🍰🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

This way, you eat less later at the buffet....  🥬🥝🧁🍰🍰🤣

I think their counting on that. There's only so much a person can consume and if they can feed you with high calorie pastries at 3 PM you won'ty be tempted to order 4 appitizers + 2 main cources at dinner. 🙄😁 ...just kidding.