Making Select Dining Reservations on E Class

espmass

I changed my reservation on the Ascent to Select Dining so that I could make reservations at 7ish each night rather than early or late standard times.  The system is allowing me to select each of the dining rooms.  However, on the summary,  the days I selected the Cosmopolitan it shows that but the days I selected one of the other dining rooms there is no room assigned.  I thought all four are available for reservations.  Am I missing something?  Thanks. 

From our past experience on E Class ships:

We made reservations on line at the various (4 ) restaurants for each night of the cruise.

On board , we preferred X instead of Y where we had a reservation on various nights.

Absolutely no problem to switch and in future we will not make any reservation on the E class ships.

Suggestion :

Don't spend time making reservations---

It's " Anytime Dining " on the E Class ships--- Just go to the restaurant of your choice and you might have to wait a few minutes.

Lastly, If you are dining in X and want something from the menu on Y your Server can get it for you.

( If you like meat---Try the beef tenderloin --- If you don't like meat--- wait for suggestions from other CCers )

Thanks.  Yes, I know they use Anytime dining.  We haven't been on Celebrity in a few years and thought we'd try it again.  It used to be such a headache waiting so long at Anytime without a reservation which is why we thought we'd make reservations.  Maybe they have worked out the bugs and the waits are shorter?

3 minutes ago, espmass said:

It used to be such a headache waiting so long at Anytime without a reservation

Correct-- But, you will have a choice of 4 MDRs to select from instead of the one MDR on the other class ships, plus, you can order whatever you want from any restaurant and your Server will get it for you.

We never waited more than 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, espmass said:

I changed my reservation on the Ascent to Select Dining so that I could make reservations at 7ish each night rather than early or late standard times.  The system is allowing me to select each of the dining rooms.  However, on the summary,  the days I selected the Cosmopolitan it shows that but the days I selected one of the other dining rooms there is no room assigned.  I thought all four are available for reservations.  Am I missing something?  Thanks. 

It is Anytime Dining and you show up when you want to eat.  You have 4 choices of dining rooms and if one is busy and you don't want to wait, go to another.  

2 hours ago, espmass said:

I've seen the system have some glitches for dining reservations on the E class ships.  If you're trying to make reservations on the app, try the web-based cruise planner or vice versa.

It's worthwhile to try and make reservations before hand because then you don't have to deal with it once you board and you'll be seated right away if you show up within 15 minutes of your reservation time.

40 minutes ago, espmass said:

Thanks.  Yes, I know they use Anytime dining.  We haven't been on Celebrity in a few years and thought we'd try it again.  It used to be such a headache waiting so long at Anytime without a reservation which is why we thought we'd make reservations.  Maybe they have worked out the bugs and the waits are shorter?

We were on the Apex March 2023. I made ATD (SD) reservations for 6:00 PM for every night in the Cosmopolitan in my CP long before our sail date. Once we boarded the ship we went directly to the Cosmopolitan to very our reservations. We were politely advised at that time reservations were no longer being honored. Bummer! But we were told if we showed up every evening by 6:00 PM they would hold a table for us. The host allowed us to select a two top in a location we liked. We had the same time,  table, wait staff and sommelier every evening. We noticed a lot of available tables when we arrived and left the MDR. 

We also have Select Dining (ATD) reservations for 6:00 PM for our October Eclipse and September Edge cruises. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

It's worthwhile to try and make reservations before hand because then you don't have to deal with it once you board and you'll be seated right away if you show up within 15 minutes of your reservation time.

"  you'll be seated right away"

From our experience---- Not necessarily.

The Host/Hostess will take your room number , but, will seat whomever has already checked in whether they had a reservation or not.

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

"  you'll be seated right away"

From our experience---- Not necessarily.

The Host/Hostess will take your room number , but, will seat whomever has already checked in whether they had a reservation or not.

I guess things have changed in the past few months.  Thanks for setting things straight. 

• Thanks 1

We select anytime dining and prefer to make reservations so we don’t risk long waits.  In our last Edge cruise we saw wait times of up to 45 minutes more than one evening, even when trying different MDRs.  I make our reservations to rotate the 3 dining rooms we prefer so we have a different venue each night.

1 hour ago, lazygal said:

I know that the classic items are in every restaurant but do the menus change at all.  For instance, in the Normandy restaurant would the menu be the same each night?  Thank you.

Same menu every night in each of the 4 MDRs.  And the food was great in Normandie as was the service.  

On the Beyond, no reservations were accepted and it was true Anytime Dining!  

4 hours ago, lazygal said:

I know that the classic items are in every restaurant but do the menus change at all.  For instance, in the Normandy restaurant would the menu be the same each night?  Thank you.

No. Like in the past the menus change each night.