Exceptional Initiative Certificate

Mudhen

We just received this via email. I cannot seem to get a firm answer on whether we can use the whole

thing for one cruise....or a couple of them for one cruise....or must we use them piece meal for 6 different cruises?

Does anyone know how this works?

Appreciate any info anyone has....

6 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

We just received this via email. I cannot seem to get a firm answer on whether we can use the whole

thing for one cruise....or a couple of them for one cruise....or must we use them piece meal for 6 different cruises?

Does anyone know how this works?

Appreciate any info anyone has....

You get five sub-credits; one per cruise but if you bring others along you could apply one sub credit to reach room booked on the same cruise.

Keith 

13 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You get five sub-credits; one per cruise but if you bring others along you could apply one sub credit to reach room booked on the same cruise.

Keith 

One caveat to that for the OP. A back-to-back, or even, apparently the World Cruise, counts as ONE cruise for purposes of the EI. On a B2B you cannot apply a credit to each cruise within the B2B.

5 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

One caveat to that for the OP. A back-to-back, or even, apparently the World Cruise, counts as ONE cruise for purposes of the EI. On a B2B you cannot apply a credit to each cruise within the B2B.

That correct and the same for a Grand Voyage.

33 minutes ago, crickette said:

No, Crystal has sent us multiple certificates. 

Hmmmmm! I suspect if you have/had multiple claims with Moecker, it would be one cert for each, but I don't know. We only had one, so it was fairly straightforward. You will likely need to contact Crystal to sort it out.

24 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

So If I'm understanding this correctly, we must use the credit piece meal over 6 cruises and cannot combine the credits for one or two cruises.

CruisePfan is right. Over five but remember one is better than none so any cruises you have booked provides some credit.

Keith 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I am reading it right.  Are these refundable to Crystal if you finally get payment from insurance, credit card, etc?  Did they change the parameters?  Looks like you have to have them check every cruise you book to make sure you are still owed?  I thought it was given to us and to be used whenever because off the bankruptcy.  Does anyone know which one it is?  

3 hours ago, reenief said:

I'm not sure if I am reading it right.  Are these refundable to Crystal if you finally get payment from insurance, credit card, etc?  Did they change the parameters?  Looks like you have to have them check every cruise you book to make sure you are still owed?  I thought it was given to us and to be used whenever because off the bankruptcy.  Does anyone know which one it is?  

Right now you can use them for each cruise and even if you have somehow gotten a refund from a CC company since Moecker verified what they show as owed to you. However, once Moecker completes their work and should guests receive some for of payment from them then Crystal will go to them to determine how much you got back and the remaining sub credits will be reduced accordingly.

Keith