Emerald "Casual" Dining Options etc.

Plato123

We will be on the Emerald in November in a full suite and will have the Premier package.

From what I have seen so far, the Emerald has fewer dining options than many other Princess ships, especially no Alfredo's which I understand will be a casual dining options under the new scheme on other ships.

What other casual dining options might there be on the Emerald that would be considered as casual dining ?

Frankly we are going on this cruise for the ports not the ship so much, but it would be nice to know what (new?) dining options there might be.

3 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

What other casual dining options might there be on the Emerald that would be considered as casual dining ?

The Salty Dog Gastropub on deck 7.

• Like 1

According to the Princess website they still offer Sabatini's Italian restaurant. But that's an extra cost "Specialty Dining"  If that's not available that's  false advertising. But, I must assume  "Slice" pizza is still available. But, that's  different  from the sit down Alfredos we had on the Majestic last year, which didn't  have the Crab Shack. 

2 minutes ago, Willwils said:

According to the Princess website they still offer Sabatini's Italian restaurant. But that's an extra cost "Specialty Dining"  If that's not available that's  false advertising. But, I must assume  "Slice" pizza is still available. But, that's  different  from the sit down Alfredo's we had on the Majestic last year, which didn't  have the Crab Shack. 

Not false advertising at all because Sabi's and CG are Specialty Dining and not Casual Dining.  Yes, Slice on Lido has been and remains free to all guests.  Crab Shack (if/when it returns) and Alfredo's/Gigi's (ships that have one of them) are also Casual Dining and will all cost to eat there.  The only Casual Dining locale from all the ones that are free today that changes to for-fee service is Alfredo's/Gigi's.

The Emerald only has the Salty Dog Gastropub right now which is inside of the Wheelhouse Bar. The announcement also mentions Vines as a casual dining location. The Emerald does have Vines. Vines is a wine bar. They never served any kind of meals. They did serve small portions of sushi and tapas when you ordered wine. I guess there will be some sort of casual sushi/tapa meal offered at Vines. What used to be no charge now becomes a paid meal. Will see what happens.

I have spent many days on board the Emerald and enjoyed the ship.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

Edited by skynight

Thank You for posting this.  We were also thinking the exact same thing.  We are slated for a 15 day panama Canal cruise with a few more sea days than we are used to. We were curious about dining options also as Our last princess cruise had a few more options.