What themes do you want that aren't currently available?

Honolulu Blue

As you all probably know, there are many themed cruises available out there.  But there are many other themes that no one is doing charters for.  I'll give a couple of personal examples...

90s music has been underrepresented on cruises so far, IMHO.  Sister Hazel hosts one, as does Train.  Creed will be hosting one starting next year.  None of those are quite what I'm looking for, but a well-done cruise featuring music of the 90s could get me to book.

And how about a cruise exclusively for those who are single and ready (or at least willing) to mingle? The closest I could find is some of the LGBQT+ cruises.  I'm not that way - not that there's anything wrong with it - but why should they have all the fun?  But then I think about the economics of it and I can understand why no charter wants to touch this.  But I would actually appreciate the attempt, but someone, sometime...

But enough about me and what I want.  What niche are you in that you'd like a themed cruise to serve?

Just to be clear, you mean only whole-ship charters? Since you're aware of the economics, it would be relevent to phrase the question, Here's the average cost of a cabin on a whole-ship charter, what themes would you be willing to pay that?

Edited by Dancer Bob

4 minutes ago, Dancer Bob said:

Just to be clear, you mean only whole-ship charters? Sincce you're aware of the economics, it would be relevent to phrase the question, Here's the average cost of a cabin on a whole-ship charter, what themes would you be willing to pay that?

Yes, I mean whole ship charters.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to make a few updates to this thread that may be of interest to some of you:

• Creed and Sixthman announced a second 90s music themed cruise with most of the same performers.  It wasn't quite my thing, and it sold out almost as quickly as the first one.
  • Entertainment Cruise Productions (ECP) earlier this month announced a 90s cruise of its own that will be sailing early in 2025.  This lineup I liked better, and I decided to book it.  I think it will be fun.
  • There are a couple of groups that are hosting fan cruises for the hottest music performer on the planet, Taylor Swift.  Both are very clear that Ms. Swift will NOT be on any of their cruises and they're NOT authorized by her, her posse... er, organization, or her official fan club.  These are all partial charters; one of them mentioned they will have about 200 cabins on Allure OTS, which is less than 10% of the cabins onboard that ship.  Ultimately it's not my thing (though I'm intrigued by the expected demographics... 😈), but it sounds like a really good time for those who are intrigued enough to go.
  • Like 1

As far as music goes, one genre that is underrepresented is bluegrass. While I realize it is a niche genre, so is jazz, and there are the four Jazz Cruises charters plus the Capital Jazz Super Cruise plus one or two other artist-led jazz cruises. Meanwhile there is enough demand for dozens and dozens of land-based bluegrass festivals all around the country. I go to one in upstate NY that has something like 10,000 attendees.

Sixthman tried it about a decade ago. There is at least one partial charter which books bands that are good but not very famous, and both Cayamo and JamCruise will book the occasional bluegrass band, but it seems like something that with some big names could fill a ship.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NinS said:

As far as music goes, one genre that is underrepresented is bluegrass. While I realize it is a niche genre, so is jazz, and there are the four Jazz Cruises charters plus the Capital Jazz Super Cruise plus one or two other artist-led jazz cruises. Meanwhile there is enough demand for dozens and dozens of land-based bluegrass festivals all around the country. I go to one in upstate NY that has something like 10,000 attendees.

Sixthman tried it about a decade ago. There is at least one partial charter which books bands that are good but not very famous, and both Cayamo and JamCruise will book the occasional bluegrass band, but it seems like something that with some big names could fill a ship.

Thanks for sharing your opinions.  Bluegrass is something I admit that I don't think much about or have been exposed to very much.  Maybe someone will try again with a full charter someday.  It would seem to make plenty of people happy if someone could pull it off.

• Like 1