Club Orange crowding

guerchino

9 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

The Buying of Club orange and moving to the higher category is done usually by a different department. Actually it is the same department that does the Upsell offers.Most of the regular HAL agents do not have a clue about Club Orange.

This is so true. My booking on Friday with the most incredible HA agent ever took over an hour since she had to make multiple calls to different departments. 
First, she was able to get the military OBC expiration extended to cover a 2025 cruise without having to re-apply. (Can’t add this later). The first cabin assignment was a hold. Then the Club Orange was a hold. Then the booking of the final cabin was a hold. 
She handled this brilliantly. Well worth the time. She even fixed a booking for 2024 when I was told I had to book a guarantee - but didn’t. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes, it is possibly, but I would check first if there is an AS stateroom available then then book the BC guarantee, and then purchase the Club orange and have them move you to the AS. The Buying of Club orange and moving to the higher category is done usually by a different department. Actually it is the same department that does the Upsell offers.Most of the regular HAL agents do not have a clue about Club Orange.

Thanks!! We will definitely check the availability of the AS cabins as well as the A cabins, as a backup, before having our TA take that next step to contact the CO POC.

55 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes, it is possibly, but I would check first if there is an AS stateroom available then then book the BC guarantee, and then purchase the Club orange and have them move you to the AS. The Buying of Club orange and moving to the higher category is done usually by a different department. Actually it is the same department that does the Upsell offers.Most of the regular HAL agents do not have a clue about Club Orange.

FWIW, this is the number I used to call the HAL ship inventory dept. that did my upgrade for me:

206-626-7381

Also FWIW, I've had 2 phone contacts with HAL's customer service, including the above one, and they were both excellent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 5:20 PM, kazu said:

I had Club Orange on the Koningsdam with a very sold out ship (past the max) and other than one 5 minute wait one breakfast I had no waits.

what I did on the first night was ask when the best times were to come.  Their advice was good and I followed it and never ever had a pager.

My tip is to ask for best times.  What seemed to work well on our cruise was very early (like 5PM) or 6:30 or 8 PM.   that was a Christmas/New Years cruise so that may not be the case for any one else’s.  Ask and they will advise of optimum times.

That is good info Jacqui ,We will feginitely ask on our Hawaii cruise  .Thanks

Cliff