🌳Drugs (WEED) in the Yacht Club Seaside 💨

PompeySailor

With all my DW's luggage I was feeling really confident about leaving home a duffel bag that I used to bring along on cruises that gets 'flagged' by security. It is a bag stuffed with smoke shields and flotation jackets in the event of fire on board. It has been 50 years since we both experienced the smell of smoking pot in our college dorms, so the aroma would be 'nostalgic'. We are more concerned about fires on board ship (especially now that it has been reported that 45 ships have decertified Paroc fire insulation panels on board). Wouldn't mind if they did their 'smoking' in designated smoking areas out on deck. All smoking on ships is a concern,,, especially now with recent revelations (Paroc).

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

With all my DW's luggage I was feeling really confident about leaving home a duffel bag that I used to bring along on cruises that gets 'flagged' by security. It is a bag stuffed with smoke shields and flotation jackets in the event of fire on board. It has been 50 years since we both experienced the smell of smoking pot in our college dorms, so the aroma would be 'nostalgic'. We are more concerned about fires on board ship (especially now that it has been reported that 45 ships have decertified Paroc fire insulation panels on board). Wouldn't mind if they did their 'smoking' in designated smoking areas out on deck.

I have no issue with smoking 

but when it can be a fire Hazzard and possibly cause a fire 🔥 

Then it becomes an issue with me and should be a major concern for MSC 

Designated areas 👍🏻 no issue

• Like 1

Just now, PompeySailor said:

You need to watch YouTube and see the cruise bloggers who have videos of the dogs living on the ships 

Its out there for all to see 

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Dogs are mainly at the port during embarkation. This is no different than drug sniffing dogs at airports.

It's *possible* some of these dogs may at some time be on some ships for some sailings...but again, very different saying they live onboard. Technically true on a very limited scope, but very misleading.

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Dogs are mainly at the port during embarkation. This is no different than drug sniffing dogs at airports.

It's *possible* some of these dogs may at some time be on some ships for some sailings...but again, very different saying they live onboard. Technically true on a very limited scope, but very misleading.

I don’t need to justify it, there were news reports, videos all over YouTube by a  lot of positive influencers  and reports from cruisers actually witnessing the dogs living on ship 

and agree for some sailings maybe not all (special clientele cruises)

Regardless

Case & point there are drugs on MSC seaside in the Yacht club

There is a problem on carnival with drugs and carnival have taken strict measures to address the issue 

MSC need to nip this in the “bud”

if internet was really good I would post Multiple links and news reports and videos of dogs living on ships, but it is now time for me to indulge in some adult beverages that are legal and don’t typically smell or cause 🔥 

Lets not go off out to left field too much bush🌳

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

From a carnival spokesperson 

I’m sure their own staff don’t want to Exaggerate 

Marijuana, even for medicinal uses, remains illegal under federal law. Carnival said the drug-sniffing dogs will be used both at the terminal and on the ships. Security may conduct searches regularly or randomly, according to the cruise line. If guests are found violating the policy on a Carnival Cruise, they could face up to a $500 fine. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/carnival-cruise-line-to-introduce-drug-sniffing-dogs-security-officers-and-curfew/

Both stink and my wife is allergic to them, so no difference in my opinion 

Did they ever implement the next generation air filtration they talked about in 2020? 

"Geneva, Switzerland - 21st October 2020 – MSC Cruises will be the first cruise line in the world to install a new and advanced innovative technology sanitation system called ‘Safe Air’ to improve further the quality and cleanliness of the onboard air for its guests and crew.
‘Safe Air’ will be fitted on MSC Seashore, one of the largest and most technologically advanced ships ever built in Italy and currently under construction at shipbuilder Fincantieri’s Monfalcone yard and set to be delivered in July 2021 and be the first of two ‘Seaside Evo’ Class ships."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

Why are the reactions to the odor of tobacco smoke and marijuana smoke so diametrically 

Regardless, if cigarette smoke was coming through the AC we would have reported it exactly the same 

Smoke is smoke and both stink, I don’t want to be sleeping in my cabin that smells like a bar 

imagine if it was a real fire and we just ignored it, and a fire broke out 

God forbid 

Someone smoking in their cabin which is getting into the AC ducting is 

1 Not allowed 

2 Rude

3 Smelly 

Everyone is informed on boarding that smoking is allowed in designated areas ONLY 

Not in cabins or balconies 

Cruise critic never fails to amaze me 🤯

Its like when someone posts something that happened to them and the naysayers respond “never seen that or happened to me in 200 years of cruising”

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Moparfiend said:

Both stink and my wife is allergic to them, so no difference in my opinion 

Did they ever implement the next generation air filtration they talked about in 2020? 

"Geneva, Switzerland - 21st October 2020 – MSC Cruises will be the first cruise line in the world to install a new and advanced innovative technology sanitation system called ‘Safe Air’ to improve further the quality and cleanliness of the onboard air for its guests and crew.
‘Safe Air’ will be fitted on MSC Seashore, one of the largest and most technologically advanced ships ever built in Italy and currently under construction at shipbuilder Fincantieri’s Monfalcone yard and set to be delivered in July 2021 and be the first of two ‘Seaside Evo’ Class ships."

If they did our AC ducting  is linked to a cabin where the PAX are smoking WEED 

From a carnival spokesperson 

I’m sure their own staff don’t want to Exaggerate 

Marijuana, even for medicinal uses, remains illegal under federal law. Carnival said the drug-sniffing dogs will be used both at the terminal and on the ships. Security may conduct searches regularly or randomly, according to the cruise line. If guests are found violating the policy on a Carnival Cruise, they could face up to a $500 fine. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/carnival-cruise-line-to-introduce-drug-sniffing-dogs-security-officers-and-curfew/

Yes, this does NOT say they are living on ships. It says searches will be conducted on the ships.. those are very different things that may or may not be the same. For example, it could mean luggage is searched once brought onboard. It also doesn't say how many and how often. This is why it is technically true, but misleading to say what you did.

I think carnival, rightly so, is being circumspect in what it says. It would be stupid of them to do otherwise. But I haven't seen dogs roaming the halls on carnival ships so it can only be so widespread, if at all.

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Yes, this does NOT say they are living on ships. It says searches will be conducted on the ships.. those are very different things that may or may not be the same. For example, it could mean luggage is searched once brought onboard. It also doesn't say how many and how often. This is why it is technically true, but misleading to say what you did.

I think carnival, rightly so, is being circumspect in what it says. It would be stupid of them to do otherwise. But I haven't seen dogs roaming the halls on carnival ships so it can only be so widespread, if at all.

Must be the same as 

Man landing on the moon then, pure myth 

Edited by PompeySailor

Regardless, if cigarette smoke was coming through the AC we would have reported it exactly the same 

Smoke is smoke and both stink, I don’t want to be sleeping in my cabin that smells like a bar 

imagine if it was a real fire and we just ignored it, and a fire broke out 

God forbid 

Someone smoking in their cabin which is getting into the AC ducting is 

1 Not allowed 

2 Rude

3 Smelly 

Everyone is informed on boarding that smoking is allowed in designated areas ONLY 

Not in cabins or balconies 

Cruise critic never fails to amaze me 🤯

Its like when someone posts something that happened to them and the naysayers respond “never seen that or happened to me in 200 years of cruising”

Honestly, I think some of the reactions...mine included...are the way they are because of the hyperbole in your original post. Multiple caps, skunk in parens, emojis, etc. I couldn't tell if you were serious or joking. 

Yes, weed, as well as cigs  shouldn't be in areas where they aren't allowed...on ships or not. I think most agree with that.

• Like 1

Must be the same as 

Man landing on the moon then, pure myth 

Lol, if you think that then I understand your confusion in reading the articles.

A more proper analogy would be, man goes to the moon. You would assume that meant he stepped on it, I would say *maybe* he did. In reality, several missions went to the moon before man landed on it.

You are reading between the lines and assuming things...I am not. Furthermore, I am using my, admittedly limited, personal experience. I haven't seen dogs on any carnival cruise. Doesn't mean they aren't there...just because I haven't seen them. I haven't seen marshals on planes but they are there for sure. However, if it was as you implied, there were now living in ships  I think I, or someone I know, would have seen them. Dogs, unlike marshals, can't blend in.

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I get it 

You are a carnival cheerleader 📣 

I’m sure the news reports  and bloggers and vloggers are all liars 

I am a liar and Carnival spokes people are liars too

It’s a problem on all lines, just Carnival seems to be the worst and they are trying to fix the issue more than other lines 

When I am back on land and have decent wifi I will post the reports and videos of the dogs living on the ships 

let’s get off the carnival bandwagon and back to MSC and the issues of confirmed  WEED in the yacht club 

5 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Honestly, I think some of the reactions...mine included...are the way they are because of the hyperbole in your original post. Multiple caps, skunk in parens, emojis, etc. I couldn't tell if you were serious or joking. 

Yes, weed, as well as cigs  shouldn't be in areas where they aren't allowed...on ships or not. I think most agree with that.

If I hadn’t have put any humor in, I’m sure cheerleaders would have called their lawyers 

💯 serious on the fire risk and smoke issue 

Lets be transparent no smoking in cabins should be allowed

Emphasis on WEED and skunk just to highlight the issue 

The BOLD attracts the audience 😉

23 minutes ago, broberts said:

Why are the reactions to the odor of tobacco smoke and marijuana smoke so diametrically opposite?

I have reported people for smoking cigarettes on their balcony before. To me, it makes no difference if it's pot or tobacco. It is against the rules and disruptive to other passengers either way. Pot seems particularly dumb and dangerous though, as some of the countries cruise ships visit have VERY harsh penalties for drug possession. Not sure I would be willing to risk serving time in a foreign prison...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Lol, if you think that then I understand your confusion in reading the articles.

A more proper analogy would be, man goes to the moon. You would assume that meant he stepped on it, I would say *maybe* he did. In reality, several missions went to the moon before man landed on it.

You are reading between the lines and assuming things...I am not. Furthermore, I am using my, admittedly limited, personal experience. I haven't seen dogs on any carnival cruise. Doesn't mean they aren't there...just because I haven't seen them. I haven't seen marshals on planes but they are there for sure. However, if it was as you implied, there were now living in ships  I think I, or someone I know, would have seen them. Dogs, unlike marshals, can't blend in.

Ok

something’s lost in translation, my bad 😞 

My original post was genuine with a dab of humor (humour)

Man didn’t land on the moon, if he had, they would have done it again and again and again 

Did I mention all drinks on MSC in YC are free 

Cheers 🍻