Jr. Suite perks on Liberty

Jr Suites are like training wheels on a bicycle. Gives you a taste of the sweet life, but not much.

Just tickles your appetite to remove those training wheels and move up into the big bike where you have much more to explore and enjoy.

Does come at a cost though.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

appreciate the replies. I think our training wheels will be on for a while. The Jr. was a stretch for us as it was. Just a little surprise for my wife. Walk in closet will be nice.

We normally book grand suites, way better perks but junior suite has a better closet . 

58 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The walk in closet IS awesome.  The half bath on Odyssey was great as well.  It's a toss up which we liked more but I think the half bath comes out ahead.

Yes, I know the question was about Liberty specifically.

What suite has an extra half bath?  

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We normally book grand suites, way better perks but junior suite has a better closet . 

What suite has an extra half bath?  

We had a J4 Junior Suite on Odyssey with a half bath in the place the closet is.

We really liked it, toilet, sink and vanity and full length mirror.  Wife and I weren't tripping over each other getting ready in the evening.

• Like 2

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

We had a J4 Junior Suite on Odyssey with a half bath in the place the closet is.

We really liked it, toilet, sink and vanity and full length mirror.  Wife and I weren't tripping over each other getting ready in the evening.

Very interesting we have done grand and owners suites on oasis class and neither had a extra half bath, very cool,

1 hour ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

appreciate the replies. I think our training wheels will be on for a while. The Jr. was a stretch for us as it was. Just a little surprise for my wife. Walk in closet will be nice.

It will be a nice surprise for your wife! Was in a JR suite on Liberty in May on deck 9 and it was a good sized cabin. The walk in closet was a bonus.  The bathroom was bigger than a regular balcony cabin with a full size tub and the balcony was large with nice padded loungers and table and chairs that you can eat at. Deck 9 was a convenient location too. Was able to avoid elevators most of the time. Have a great time!

• Like 3

We usually book Grand Suites, but we are sailing on Liberty in October in a junior suite. The cabin looks great for the price. My feeling is that unless you are on Anthem or Oasis, the perks for a full suite aren’t worth the extra costs. We are Diamond plus, so the suite lounge drinks aren’t a huge deal for us, since we don’t drink that much. I wish RC would standardize the suite perks for all ships. I think it’s annoying that you don’t get internet as a perk in all suites. Plus the missing benefit of having no Coastal Kitchen makes me refuse to pay extra for a full suite. 
We are looking forward to Bermuda and to the Junior Suite. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

We usually book Grand Suites, but we are sailing on Liberty in October in a junior suite. The cabin looks great for the price. My feeling is that unless you are on Anthem or Oasis, the perks for a full suite aren’t worth the extra costs. We are Diamond plus, so the suite lounge drinks aren’t a huge deal for us, since we don’t drink that much. I wish RC would standardize the suite perks for all ships. I think it’s annoying that you don’t get internet as a perk in all suites. Plus the missing benefit of having no Coastal Kitchen makes me refuse to pay extra for a full suite. 
We are looking forward to Bermuda and to the Junior Suite. 

Totally agree , celebrity has suite restaurant and suite lounge on all ships , we are also diamond plus 

17 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Was in a JR suite on Liberty in May on deck 9 and it was a good sized cabin. The walk in closet was a bonus.  [snip] Deck 9 was a convenient location too. 

I'll be sailing in a walk in closet (inside) on Liberty next month on deck 9.  😄

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

ScreenShot2023-08-03at5_35_00PM.png.99ddc004b16b9e5b562b9491c2485df7.png

We just got off Odyssey a couple months ago.  They do have the 1/2 Bath (toilet/sink/vanity), but the main bath did not have a toilet -- just separate shower, separate tub, and sink/vanity.

• Like 1

I've done a lot of Freedom-class cruises in a JS.  My favorite things are the full bathroom with the tub, the huge closet (I don't have to use the drawers because of all the rack space in the closet), just having a bigger cabin to amble around in, and the extra cruise points.  The silver seapass card is cute but doesn't mean anything where it counts. 

This is a little off topic, but since we’ve never sailed on freedom class before, I am curious. We booked a junior suite guarantee because it was the only Jr choice.  There were no balcony cabins left, and we didn’t want a full suite for a short cruise.

we’ve cruised on Anthem quite a few times and I know there are no bad Jr Suite cabins on that ship. So, what about Liberty? It’s a 5 nighter so, I’m not overly concerned. Experiences?