HELP? Parking near Toronto airport at hotel?

burrma

I used to use the valet service (many years ago) but I got very frustrated waiting a long time for the shuttle. Since then, if I don’t use UP Express, I use the Value Park garage, with the monorail shuttle. I did notice however that it was getting very expensive, and the discount for booking in advance was getting smaller. I will only do it for a fairly short trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I used to use the valet service (many years ago) but I got very frustrated waiting a long time for the shuttle. Since then, if I don’t use UP Express, I use the Value Park garage, with the monorail shuttle. I did notice however that it was getting very expensive, and the discount for booking in advance was getting smaller. I will only do it for a fairly short trip. 

Not  that inexpensive anymore

But if you live in Toronto  why not just get a tax/limo/Uber??

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Not  that inexpensive anymore

But if you live in Toronto  why not just get a tax/limo/Uber??

Because a fixed rate taxi to where I live is currently $58 plus tip (a bit cheaper to the airport) and as a senior TTC plus UP express is no more than $8.45 each way, and less if I make one extra change to get on/off at Dundas West. As long as I have time, I see no reason to waste money. 

15 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

About 3x the price of Parknfly 🤣

It didn’t used to be. And in the past I was able to get deals to pay for one week and stay up to 4. I almost never go away for less than 2 weeks. 

Just now, gnome12 said:

It didn’t used to be. And in the past I was able to get deals to pay for one week and stay up to 4. I almost never go away for less than 2 weeks. 

This is for our next cruise 

$189 plus gst  at Parknfly , $613 at airport 

Before Covid It at Skxpark it was $89 for valet park, now it is $150 and you park it 

IMG_5817.thumb.png.0a8ef209884e69073b2ef440cbd0e394.pngIMG_5816.thumb.png.e54d862dbea570061c351f152edec8b7.png

35 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Because a fixed rate taxi to where I live is currently $58 plus tip (a bit cheaper to the airport) and as a senior TTC plus UP express is no more than $8.45 each way, and less if I make one extra change to get on/off at Dundas West. As long as I have time, I see no reason to waste money. 

OK  but we are talking about parking  near or at the airport 

not everyone will want or can  to take the TTC

Glad it works for you

The rates vary depending on time of year for parking

for the Value  garage  for  our 2 wks Sep/Oct it is $384   

Not really interested in taking the bus  30 mins to  Via station then Via to Union  the UP train to YYZ   then do the reverse when we return

Then a hotel  because  we will have to stay overnight   because we will miss the flight   if we go the same day

These seniors  will find some other way to save a few bucks

Willing to pay for  convenience over cost

YMMV

26 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The rates vary depending on time of year for parking

for the Value  garage  for  our 2 wks Sep/Oct it is $384   

Not really interested in taking the bus  30 mins to  Via station then Via to Union  the UP train to YYZ   then do the reverse when we return

Then a hotel  because  we will have to stay overnight   because we will miss the flight   if we go the same day

These seniors  will find some other way to save a few bucks

Willing to pay for  convenience over cost

YMMV

No kidding rates vary, 

if you want to pay $200 more just to park your car go for it , i think it  is crazy 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

if you want to pay $200 more just to park your car go for it , i think it  is crazy 

I did not  know I needed  your approval on how we spend OUR money 🙄

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 2:20 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

This is for our next cruise 

$189 plus gst  at Parknfly , $613 at airport 

Before Covid It at Skxpark it was $89 for valet park, now it is $150 and you park it 

Just got back from a two week trip away and found the exact same thing with parking rates

Normally use Value Park Garage but went with Park N Fly Valet this time and fantastic experience, no waiting for shuttles and car was ready to go when we got there. For $400 savings, would do it again in a heartbeat. 

Edited by cmich068
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cmich068 said:

Just got back from a two week trip away and found the exact same thing with parking rates

Normally use Value Park Garage but went with Park N Fly Valet this time and fantastic experience, no waiting for shuttles and car was ready to go when we got there. For $400 savings, would do it again in a heartbeat. 

With the money you save you could take the 407 to get across Toronto 

the $400 you would pay part of the toll 🤣

• Haha 4

On 8/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, CDNPolar said:

Ok... so my brother's experience with Hotels are that the Crowne Plaza had the best deals in the past for staying overnight and leaving your car in their lot.  I think that some of these hotels have sections that you are supposed to park in.

The last time he had a friend locally drive him and subsequently pick him up.  He has also just used park and fly and been happy with that.

I personally think that car theft is a possibility anywhere and that should not be the reason you don't use parking at Toronto airport.  At any given time there are likely 50,000 cars or more between all the airport onsite and offsite parking lots.  I don't think that theft is a major problem.  I think that there have been rashes of theft from time-to-time but also if you Google it now and look at the dates of these articles, they are not recent.

The option to stay in a hotel is good if your outbound flight is early morning, but if you have a 6pm or 8pm or later flight and you have to check out by 11am, then what are you going to do until your flight time?  The Toronto Airport Strip as they call it is not that exciting.

VIA and the UP is an option, again if the times all match up but the challenge is that there is not a plethora of trains between Toronto and Sarnia all day long, so this would only work if you can align all the times.

I suggest drive and park as it will be your best option.  Just ensure that you take pictures of the car garage, where you parked, where the entrance is to get back to your car in the airport... is it near the international end or the domestic end... what level of the airport terminal is the entrance, etc.  I have known people to spend 30-40 minutes trying to find their car again.

Thought train was great idea but only one a day so we are driving ; great info you gave me; thanks

• Like 1