Legends of Baseball

Treasure Hunter

My Husband just heard an advertisement about Celebrity Apex "Legends of Baseball " cruise Dec. 9, 2023 out of Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know what retired baseball players will be on this cruise? So far we have heard rumors of Chris Chambliss and Ron Blomberg. 

19 hours ago, soxfan1 said:

Being a White Sox fan I can think of a reason why no Cub in sight 😀 (no Sox either) 🙁

Cmon Man. Sox fan who doesn't remember our stellar trade for Ron Blomberg? I think Sox traded for him as one of the first DH's in (1978?) and paid the earthshaking sum of 250-300k a year. Now the ball boys make that much. Think he batted .230 so not so good but probably not so bad in reference to recent Sox management moves. Now if they had Adam Dunn or Jake Peavy on the cruise I would go just to get a ball signed for Kenny Williams.😁

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

My Husband just heard an advertisement about Celebrity Apex "Legends of Baseball " cruise Dec. 9, 2023 out of Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know what retired baseball players will be on this cruise? So far we have heard rumors of Chris Chambliss and Ron Blomberg. 

Thanks @patty1955for the link.

As a longtime baseball fan, I recognized most of the names. The one that caught my eye was Cecil Fielder. His Yankee career didn't amount to much, but his 1990 season where he hit 51 homers is  still the Tigers single season record, and IIRC, he's still in the top 10 in team home runs. I'd found that as legendary. 😛

This cruise mildly interests me, but it's expensive for a (IMHO) meh itinerary. I'll wait for better opportunities elsewhere.

• Like 1