Milestone credit

crdtrnr

23 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm at 22 cruises as well!  DH is at 18, I believe (someone has to feed the animals at home😺) so I figure we will use my milestone then his.  My milestone would be figured on just my cruise fare correct?  Not our two fares together, right?

Correct, it is just for the person who has earned the credit and it is on base fare only (not port fees, taxes, etc.)

Hubby was 3 behind me too when we hit our 25th.  So we used mine on one cruise and then his on a later cruise.  I hit my 50th in just a couple weeks on the Conquest, but plan to wait to use it until next Spring when we sail as my December cruise we have booked right now was not that expensive and I want to make GOOD use of the 50% 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 6:02 PM, BlerkOne said:

I think in theory up until you reach the next milestone, but I would call.

That is what they said so good to know no rush.  I have never cruised solo but if I do that could be the time to use it as I would get the OBC based on the double single occupancy cost.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Posted (edited)

For those wondering about the milestone reward, it will be applied on the next cruise after the 25th 50th 75th & 100th cruise so on the 26 cruise. You must notify your PVP or call the Milestone Reward desk to apply for it 30 days prior to cruise date, there are exceptions if you call them anyways as I was within the 30 day and was approved. You get a sail & sign card reflecting this milestone award. Don’t know the amount of the actual onboard I will get until 2 - 3 days or once I am onboard. It’s 25% of the cruise fare and the same with the 50th & 75th.  On the 100th day, you and another person will get a free cruise 8 days or less.

Redeem 30 days prior

877-CCL-VIPS

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 3

You can have the milestone credit reward applied to your milestone cruise. I’m going on my 25th Carnival cruise later this month out of Dover. I called the milestone reward desk soon after final payment and it was quick and easy to have it approved. I got an email about two weeks later saying the the OBC would post to my booking 2-3 days before embarkation. 

• Like 2

Good to know John, I didn’t know I was at cruise number 25 with Carnival until I looked at my cruise history with them but I did know about the milestones rewards program and looked into it.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Well, the Milestone saga continues.

yesterday while embarking Firenze, I got the typical platinum card. Where was my Milestone card?

I went down to guest services to find out and the person there said since this is cruise #26 you won’t be getting another milestone card, I politely said I did not submit to the milestones rewards department about my 25th cruise so I am getting it now.

I then stated, if you look at my On Board Credit, it states Milestone Rewards Credit.

If you can’t figure that out then find me a supervisor that can help me.

She immediately printed out my new Milestone card. 

• Haha 2

You get the Milestone card on your Milestone cruise. You get the Milestone Reward on the cruise you apply for it to be on. The two usually aren't the same. I received my 75th Milestone card on the 75th cruise, but have yet to use the reward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, but I did not get my Milestones card on my 25th cruise which was on Celebration. So I had to ask for it on this cruise. 

Usually you have to complete a cruise to get any loyalty points. Carnival will not advance you to diamond status until you completed the 200 points and not during that cruise.

This is why I submitted my Milestone after the completion of the 25th cruise.

4 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

Thanks, but I did not get my Milestones card on my 25th cruise which was on Celebration. So I had to ask for it on this cruise. 

Usually you have to complete a cruise to get any loyalty points. Carnival will not advance you to diamond status until you completed the 200 points and not during that cruise.

BlerkOne is correct. You should have gotten your Milestone card on your 25th cruise, regardless if you had applied for your Milestone reward or not.

Also, you don't have to complete a cruise to advance to Diamond, or any level of status. If you reach 200 days during a cruise, you will be Diamond from the beginning of that cruise, and will also get a Diamond card at the beginning of the cruise.

😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

You are so incorrect here, that it isn't even funny.  Carnival promotes you to the next level if you will meet it during the cruise.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

You are so incorrect here, that it isn't even funny.  Carnival promotes you to the next level if you will meet it during the cruise.  

That has not been my case and that is exactly what I was told by Carnival so for you to say I am incorrect, you might wsnt to do your research as I did directly with Carnival.

Edited by Wennfred

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

That has not been my case and that is exactly what I was told by Carnival so for you to say I am incorrect, you might wsnt to do your research as I did directly with Carnival.

I am speaking from experience, plus what John Heald is telling everyone.  My family obtained gold and platinum on the cruise we crossed that threshold.  Surely someone with 25+ cruises with Carnival would know how incompetent their call center employees are.  

Not to mention the person above my post said the same thing, so you must be the only one that it doesn't apply to.

Edited by vwrestler171
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

BlerkOne is correct. You should have gotten your Milestone card on your 25th cruise, regardless if you had applied for your Milestone reward or not.

Also, you don't have to complete a cruise to advance to Diamond, or any level of status. If you reach 200 days during a cruise, you will be Diamond from the beginning of that cruise, and will also get a Diamond card at the beginning of the cruise.

😎

Once again, that is not what Carnival told me, they specifically stated that you must complete that cruise to move on, now that could be something new, who knows but they never bent the rules for me, that’s for sure.

54 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

Both you and whoever told you that at Carnival are incorrect. I have achieved 3 milestone cruises and am working toward the free cruise. If you did not receive the card on your 25th (revenue) cruise, then Carnival messed up. Shocking.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

Milestone Rewards Program denotes a guest’s 25th, 50th 75th and 100th revenue cruise with Carnival.  Guests will receive a special Milestone Sail & Sign card on their corresponding Milestone cruise.  We want to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable.  After this milestone cruise, they will revert to the card that corresponds to their VIFP level.

In appreciation for their loyalty, the guest will also be granted the opportunity to redeem a future non-refundable onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75% of the cruise ticket price, corresponding to the milestone reached. And when a guest reaches his/her 100th cruise, will qualify for a FREE Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska or Australia cruise of their choice (8 days or less, for 2 guests), in accommodations up to and including Ocean Suites (category OS/OT). This onboard credit may be applied to any future cruise in accordance with the terms and conditions below.  

• Thanks 1

On changing loyalty levels

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions

LEVEL

BLUE

First Cruise

RED

Second Cruise – 24 VIFP Points

GOLD

25 – 74 VIFP Points

PLATINUM

75 – 199 VIFP Points

DIAMOND

200 and more VIFP Points

Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise.

There are other cruise lines (e.g. Princess) where you must complete the crossover cruise before graduating to the next level on your next cruise.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Read that and again I did not get my milestone card on cruise 25. Period. I did get my usual Platinum card.

So those that are going on their 1st milestone, make sure you get your milestone card.

Edited by Wennfred

Just now, Wennfred said:

Read that and again I did not get my milestone on cruise 25. Period. I did get my usual Platinum card.

You should have received the Milestone card on your 25th cruise and your reward on the cruise you request it to be redeemed on. Most people try to pick an expensive cruise to redeem the reward against to maximize the reward. The card and the OBC are not necessarily the same.

I’m going on my 25th cruise in January.  Do I have to notify someone ahead of time to get recognized as a milestone, or if they give me the usual platinum card can I ask at guest services for it to be changed?  EM

The 25% reward that I got wasn’t enough to even put a dent into a more expensive cruise so I just claimed it now to cover a few drinks and the upsale during brunch on sea days. 

Just now, Essiesmom said:

I’m going on my 25th cruise in January.  Do I have to notify someone ahead of time to get recognized as a milestone, or if they give me the usual platinum card can I ask at guest services for it to be changed?  EM

Yes, make sure to have your profile that shows your 25th cruise so they can give you the card if you didn’t  get one, that’s what I had to deal with yesterday if you didn’t read my post above. I didn’t get a card on my 25th cruise which was my last cruise on Celebration.

These people here say it was automatic, I didn’t get one LoL.

8 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

The 25% reward that I got wasn’t enough to even put a dent into a more expensive cruise so I just claimed it now to cover a few drinks and the upsale during brunch on sea days. 

The reward you receive is based off of the cruise price of the cruise you apply it to, not your 25th cruise (or 26th in your case). But too late now...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

If you just want the card, you don't have to notify them. If you want the reward, you have to notify them in advance.

Here are the rules, terms, and conditions:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

Just make sure your Carnival account accurately reflects your cruise count.

It would be extremely unusual for you to not automatically receive the milestone card.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

The 25% OBC is based on your cruise fare of the cruise you want to apply it to,  and not on the 25th cruise that you took. That's why you should use it on a more expensive cruise. For example, my wife hit her 50th cruise in January and I'll hit my 75th in March. We will both use our Milestone credits on our Hawaii cruise September of 2025. That will give us over 3K in OBC on that cruise. 😎

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Hey EM! You should get your Milestone card automatically. If in the unlikely event that you don't, go to Guest Services and they'll get you one. 😎

• Like 1