FCD - Something New??

tcdcruiser

Just booked a 2025 22-day cruise and Princess used 2 FCDs from DW and 2 FCDs from me (total $400) to secure the deposit.  Clearly shows $400 on Booking Confirmation and shows 2 FCD taken on the Capitan Circle page for each passenger.

Thought it was $100 per person (or 1 FCD) per person?

Has the FCD amount needed to book changed?

• Like 1

Wow - that's news to me. Very interesting. Can others booking direct through Princess confirm this. I always have a few on hand. I assume my TA only applies one each time.

Is the example in question able to be booked as two back to back and Princess treating it as two cruises?

• Like 1

Only 2 of our 4 were used on our last cruise. I will say that our travel agent originally booked us both using both of mine. I called our TA and explained that we'd only receive one of our room credits. She contacted Princess and switched to one of my wife's. Now we both get room credit. I'd say just call your TA back and correct it. 

9 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

Just booked a 2025 22-day cruise and Princess used 2 FCDs from DW and 2 FCDs from me (total $400) to secure the deposit.  Clearly shows $400 on Booking Confirmation and shows 2 FCD taken on the Capitan Circle page for each passenger.

Thought it was $100 per person (or 1 FCD) per person?

Has the FCD amount needed to book changed?

I'm in the UK, and my TA has always asked if I want to have multiple sets of FCDs applied to the same booking when I've had them in hand - but with the consequence that only one lot of OBC is applied (each) for the booking, and not two (or more). So I've always said no. This has been the case for years here.

• Like 1