What Shows Are There on Hawaii Cruises

mcrcruiser

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Its not realistic to know what shows will be provided 6 months out, none the less 18 months out.

While I agree shows may change from previous cruises, I would like to know what was done on previous Koningsdam Hawaii itineraries as well. I think that was what the OP is asking. 

46 minutes ago, Bruinboy said:

While I agree shows may change from previous cruises, I would like to know what was done on previous Koningsdam Hawaii itineraries as well. I think that was what the OP is asking. 

Yes that is what I( am asking .not what shows will be on our Hawaii cruises but what has been the norm for entertainment so far  for   past Hawaii cruises ?

We had three Hawaiian ambassadors who taught hula, ukulele lessons, lei making, and Hawaiian culture.  They performed hula and sang around the pool and put together a Hawaiian revue on the main stage including passengers who had been learning the ukulele and hula.  Plan to arrive early.  They bring supplies for the activities but seating is limited and the activities are popular.  On stage entertainment was pretty standard with Step One dancers and various singing acts, a comedian, etc.   We sailed in Febr 2023.  Great cruise!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

We had three Hawaiian ambassadors who taught hula, ukulele lessons, lei making, and Hawaiian culture.  They performed hula and sang around the pool and put together a Hawaiian revue on the main stage including passengers who had been learning the ukulele and hula.  Plan to arrive early.  They bring supplies for the activities but seating is limited and the activities are popular.  On stage entertainment was pretty standard with Step One dancers and various singing acts, a comedian, etc.   We sailed in Febr 2023.  Great cruise!  

Thanks much for this info .We sailed on Celebrity many times to the Hawaiian  islands when they did those cruises from the Calif ports .We had the ukulele lessons ,lei making but with the beads not  orchids  & some hula instructions . One of the reasons we like these Hawaii cruises is because of the extra activities offered on board going to the islands  .The other shows we were aware of . Thanks again ,we do appreciate hearing 

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks much for this info .We sailed on Celebrity many times to the Hawaiian  islands when they did those cruises from the Calif ports .We had the ukulele lessons ,lei making but with the beads not  orchids  & some hula instructions . One of the reasons we like these Hawaii cruises is because of the extra activities offered on board going to the islands  .The other shows we were aware of . Thanks again ,we do appreciate hearing 

We did have orchids for short head leis and native nuts for wrist bracelets.  There were also a couple of musical groups, like bluegrass had a special section set aside for their sessions in the Crows Nest but many of us enjoyed the music.  A lot of passengers brought their own ukuleles and the ambassadors also provided ukuleles for lessons.  

On 8/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, oaktreerb said:

I agree that on the whole it was a great cruise. From a psychological standpoint, Having six sea days in succession, multiplied by two, poses challenges. You have the same entertainers on board for the entire stretch. On the outbound voyage we had the superlative Hyperion Knight, who is not only a virtuoso pianist but also a superb entertainer. Others not so much, but that's par for the course these days with HAL. The high points of each day were the Lincoln Center Stage recitals; DW & I sorely missed them on our most recent Rotterdam cruise.

For the most part the ship on a Hawaii cruise is on the open sea with an uninterrupted 360-degree horizon; rarely was there any other seafaring traffic to be seen. The seas were rough for the most part, and the ship not only rocked but also rolled. It was impossible at those times for the Step One Dance troupe to perform. Maui was supposed to be a tender port, but the swells were too unmanageable and so the captain elected to skip Maui in favor of an extra day at Kona. That was a major disappointment; crew members in the Lido told us that some of the very best whale watching could be had right from the ship.

By the tail end of our 18-day adventure, the 5 days steaming to Ensenada, time started to weigh heavily.

As a final note, I must commend the cruise director, whose name I've unfortunately forgotten. She was a model of what a good cruise director can be and do. I can't say the same about the CD on our Norway cruise on Rotterdam.

Unfortunately, the horrible fires in Lahaina and other parts of Maui today will most likely cancel any stops there for some time.  I'm hoping to hear that they have it under control quickly.  So sad.

~Nancy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Unfortunately, the horrible fires in Lahaina and other parts of Maui today will most likely cancel any stops there for some time.  I'm hoping to hear that they have it under control quickly.  So sad.

~Nancy

So sorry to hear about the fires.  We missed Lahaina in February because of ocean conditions and the Captain arranged for an overnight in Hilo.  We enjoyed the extra day in Hilo.  It allowed more excursions to Volcano National Park.  We enjoyed the day by walking down Kalaniana’ole Ave by Reeds Bay and on to Banyan Drive arriving at beautiful Lili’uokalani Park.  You could also take a bus to Walmart or downtown.  If an overnight is planned for Hilo the cruise line should have more excursions planned.

It’s Hawaii.  It’s all beautiful.