Onboard Emerald Hawaii bound

LawDog61

18 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

@wallyj  What are your current sea conditions?  How was the stop in Ensenada?

We are set for Ensenada arrival about 6:30 pm with a 10 PM departure (seems like a long time for paperwork, I guess we may be actually docking instead of harbor master taking a small boat to us and boarding with his stamp.). Surprisingly,   Seas. Are like glass.  Never seen it this calm.

Captain said it will be a rougher transit up to LA.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

@wallyj  What are your current sea conditions?  How was the stop in Ensenada?

Hi R&D, assume you saw/read post #53? Sea is very calm but expected to get rocky closer and after technical stop in Ensenada. Hopefully we get back to San Pedro on time. I was on a sailing a while ago that was late leaving San Pedro, because ship could not leave Ensenada because of strong winds. Ship finally got to San Pedro early evening and boarding did not start till about 10-10:30 pm. Princess allowed option for passengers to arrive the next morning for boarding. For those waiting in the terminal that possibly arrived via flights that day, we were given granola bars and chips while waiting to board. The Buffett was open if you wanted to eat once boarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are tied up at dockside, unloading trash (cheaper disposal in Mexico?).   A RCL ship followed us in, docked also and is letting passengers off.  Not sure I understand that.  They must be planning to ride storm out here in Ensenada.  As we were coming in, a Carnival ship was just leaving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Navigator of the seas left LA yesterday.  You are probably correct, she will shelter in Ensenada for the night before heading back to LA.  I'm not sure I would like to be on that cruise.  

How's the weather?  Looked really calm when Tiki Dave did a live as you were entering Ensenada.  

Carnival Radiance is returning to LA.  Looks like you will be sailing overnight to San Pedro.  Waiting to hear a report on that transit.  

A friend of mine thinks the storm is fizzling out.  Hope that is the case, but I am all prepped.  

Date / Time Port
18 Aug 16:00     Departing from Los Angeles, Long Beach-San Pedro, California hotels
20 Aug 08:00 - 18:00     Ensenada, Baja California Mexico
21 Aug 07:00     Arriving in Los Angeles, Long Beach-San Pedro, California
  • Like 1

Weather is very calm, no wind.  Starting to feel a few rain drops.   Sea was dead calm as we came in earlier today.   Not expecting that on the ride home….but maybe a following sea as we sail ahead of the hurricane?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We live an hour north of San Pedro, Western San Fernando Valley, no rain here.  Maybe by noon time?

We are at an LAX hotel hoping to board Emerald tomorrow and it’s been rainy and slightly windy here for an hour or so.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We live an hour north of San Pedro, Western San Fernando Valley, no rain here.  Maybe by noon time?

Here in Vegas we have had rain/showers since noon yesterday. Now it's foggy. Go figure.

• Like 1

It's "cute" watching the weather channel about this little tropical storm ...

Does Southern California not have any storm drainage to control the rain on the roads? - guess not since this projected 4 inches of rain is a 100 year storm

Emerald Princess is approaching the mouth of the San Pedro Channel.  Hurricane Hillary has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm (just below minimum hurricane) and about to reach Ensenada.  

News briefs say the bulk of the heavy rain is expected by this afternoon.  All areas of Southern California are experiencing some rain.  My patio is wet with light rain.  

• Like 1

In San Pedro, currently light but steady warm rain, gray skies but enough visibility to see the ocean, some waves but not too rough, no white caps, storm alerts on my phone are pretty frequent, but nothing much happening yet 

& no, @voljeep we don't have storm drainage systems to handle a years worth of rain in a day, our disaster prep is mostly focused on earthquakes 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

In San Pedro, currently light but steady warm rain, gray skies but enough visibility to see the ocean, some waves but not too rough, no white caps, storm alerts on my phone are pretty frequent, but nothing much happening yet 

& no, @voljeep we don't have storm drainage systems to handle a years worth of rain in a day, our disaster prep is mostly focused on earthquakes 

how do you 'prep' for an earthquake ??