Did Not Purchase WIFi Package -- Questions

Italy52

27 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We are not purchasing the WiFi package.  What are the steps to using the free app on the ship?  Also, will it allow us to do the muster drill on the free app?  Thanks in advance.

When you go to settings, and your ship wifi comes up, the page says do you want free access with the app or do you want to purchase wifi. .. click on free access. Then it says open app .. 

If you cant do it, there are people to help. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

We are not purchasing the WiFi package.  What are the steps to using the free app on the ship?  Also, will it allow us to do the muster drill on the free app?  Thanks in advance.

Put your phone into airplane mode so you won't end up with a surprise large cellular bill when you get home.  Then just connect to Royal Wifi and then you can use the app, including doing the muster drill.  We were able to do the muster drill while we were still waiting to board the ship, so I would try while you are waiting.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were able to do the muster drill while we were still waiting to board the ship, so I would try while you are waiting.

You can watch the muster drill videos from anywhere via the app on boarding day morning.  I usually watch the videos before heading to the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate it.  My question was asked so that I could refresh my memory about the Royal app.  Every cruise line has an app these days.  We just recently cruised with Princess a few times and I was trying to remember how did I connect to the app for our last Royal cruise.  We sail the Ovation on the 18th and I now feel more confident with the information you have provided. 

• Like 1