Il Secondo Bacio vs. Café Al Bacio - Differences?

FlutePrayer

We will be cruising with Celebrity for the first time in October and are really looking forward to it. We enjoy daily premium coffee(s). Could someone please compare and contrast Il Secondo Bacio and Café Al Bacio? Aside from the location, how are they different? How are they the same? Thank you for your help with this!

56 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

It's only drinks, have no idea why they called it the second Bacio...very misleading, even with the pastry Buffett next door.

That's what I was wondering about. Thank you for your help with this.

6 minutes ago, FlutePrayer said:

That's what I was wondering about. Thank you for your help with this.

Although after reading your initial post, it's perhaps the coffees you care about.  I am not a coffee drinker.  Perhaps a coffee aficionado will weigh in with more info.

• Thanks 1

When I was last on Celebrity - 3 years ago - II Bacio in the Oceanview Cafe did not offer all of the premium coffees that were available at Al Bacio - probably only 4 or 5 of the most regularly ordered coffees along with some tea.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

When I was last on Celebrity - 3 years ago - II Bacio in the Oceanview Cafe did not offer all of the premium coffees that were available at Al Bacio - probably only 4 or 5 of the most regularly ordered coffees along with some tea.

This is very helpful. Thank you!

Hello,

Il Secundo serves coffee in mugs and not cups & saucers. Actually it's also so weak that I'm not sure it is coffee.

Service can best be described as 'variable' especially first thing in the morning.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Random Cruizer said:

It's only drinks, have no idea why they called it the second Bacio...very misleading, even with the pastry Buffett next door.

I believe it's to indicate that the coffee is not free (unless you have AI or are Elite+ and above).

If the coffee is weak ask for a double shot.

All the coffee on board is Lavazza including at the self service stations.

• Thanks 1

In my experience, as long as you're going for the basics (latte, cappuccino, espresso,...) you won't really find any huge differences in quality compared to the "main" Al Bacio.

Overall I enjoyed both, but the differences pointed out on top are indeed the case. 

• Thanks 1