Pirate's First MSC Experience! A LIVE Seaside 8/20/23-8/27/23 Review

pirate4me2

Mom and I headed to dinner about 7, and tonight was Italian night. I honestly think tonight’s meal may have been my favorite onboard, followed by last nights butter chicken. I got 2 apps, the fried seafood and the caprese. That caprese was perfect!! The seafood was ok, nothing spectacular. Then the eggplant parm was my main, and holy moly…the flavors were incredible! 

IMG_0583.png

IMG_0584.png

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

• Like 4

The dining room crew brought me a cake and sang happy birthday to me at the end of dinner. It was so sweet! They really, really are a spectacular group in the YC, the service this week was above and beyond. The whole YC crew really, from

concierge, to butlers, to dining room…they were all amazing. 

We walked the ship some after dinner…went to the Haven lounge, then to the atrium, the sports bar, then back to the room to pack. I took one last shower in that amazing shower, that I will mimmick

in my new home when it’s built. Now we just relax until tomorrow morning! 

IMG_0589.jpeg

IMG_0596.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

• Like 7

I am not going to comment on disembarking this morning, as I realize this isn’t a normal one for MSC. I’m currently waiting in the TS lounge as we sail into port. 

I will sail MSC again (actually already have one booked for my husband to try next year), so overall, I think this was a good venture away from “home”….but I will say, I’m looking forward to getting back on a Funship in a few weeks! I have missed a few things about good old CCL. Both lines have things they do better than one another, and they have their weaknesses, but I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. 

I hope everyone has smooth sailings, and maybe I’ll see some of you on future sailings!

• Like 6

I have so enjoyed your trip report. It's helped keep me in Vacay mode as the school year starts back up (I'm a teacher now). I am so glad you got to experience the YC treatment! We used to sail NCL Haven before it got priced out of our pocketbook range, so we're enjoying the YC while we can still afford to!

YC disembarkation is a treat as well, right past the lines!

Then you're off on I-95, or as I call it "NASCAR for Tourists!" I despise that drive so much. Yuck.

Edited by psmarkle

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 8:17 AM, psmarkle said:

I have so enjoyed your trip report. It's helped keep me in Vacay mode as the school year starts back up (I'm a teacher now). I am so glad you got to experience the YC treatment! We used to sail NCL Haven before it got priced out of our pocketbook range, so we're enjoying the YC while we can still afford to!

YC disembarkation is a treat as well, right past the lines!

Then you're off on I-95, or as I call it "NASCAR for Tourists!" I despise that drive so much. Yuck.

Glad I could help keep you in vaca mode a little longer! 

1 hour ago, peteandpris said:

Great review, thanks for explaining about transferring platinum. I think we are going to try this. 

Thanks for reading! 

14 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Many of us would be interested to read what @Lillabee4me has to say about the overall impressions now that she has acclimated to terra firma.

I told her to pop in here. I case she doesn't, I can tell you that she loved the YC experience and told me that anytime I wanted to go and my husband didn't, she would happily take his place! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Many of us would be interested to read what @Lillabee4me has to say about the overall impressions now that she has acclimated to terra firma.

I have to say I got very spoiled on this cruise. Our butler, Arnold, was a doll. He made me a special drink and got me snockered, along with a poor couple that we befriended and we all four drank until the raspberry liquor was gone. He came to the ocean edge to yell lunch was being served and did we want a table. He made sure we were at all events we wanted to be. The dining room staff were awesome and had stinky cheese plates brought to our room for Stephanie. The cooks made Stephanie a birthday pancake breakfast and sang to her. Honestly it was very hard to come home again. I didn’t want to. I would gladly sail in an interior in Yatch Club because you have that beautiful lounge with such a view. I would pick it again in a heartbeat. I loved not fighting the crowds and you got to know your other people some. Our group was very nice, but I am a bit of a hermit on cruises and just want to chill. I work with the public so quiet time was nice and you had lots of it with more classical music instead of constant drumming music. You can get the party vibe if you go to other areas on the ship and we did do that too. I honestly think I like the Yatch Club better personally even if I didn’t have a butler, just because of the ability to have my serene area without the constant party music. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Love this review! Thank you both for posting! 

Thank you for reading! 

And if anyone is curious…I now have 2 more MSC cruises booked for next year, so I’m hooked!! Both are on Seashore in YC, I can’t wait for more spoiling! 

• Like 3

Just discovered this trip report and it was such a delightful read, thank you so much!

A few years ago my partner Rich and I were going to sail on NCL but it got canceled and we stumbled on MSC and our first sailing with them was in the YC on Seaside just like you, and, also just like you, we had a great time and fell in love with it.

We've since sailed on the Meraviglia YC for 14 days (right before COVID) and then a 7 day on the Seashore YC last year. Both of those were wonderful as well, and our next MSC adventure will be next year for 14 days on the Seascape. 

Reading your trip report reminded me how wonderful cruising is, especially when you're on a really good cruise and I admit I got a little misty-eyed seeing some of those pictures, remembering how good our times on MSC have been, and looking forward to (hopefully) many more! Our next cruise is right out of our hometown Boston on Celebrity Summit for a Canada / New England trip. We're very excited for that but reading this definitely has me smiling thinking about next February on MSC too. 🙂

I hope you and your hubby have a great time on your next YC cruise and lots more for you, him, and your Mom!

Edited by karmamule

2 hours ago, karmamule said:

Just discovered this trip report and it was such a delightful read, thank you so much!

A few years ago my partner Rich and I were going to sail on NCL but it got canceled and we stumbled on MSC and our first sailing with them was in the YC on Seaside just like you, and, also just like you, we had a great time and fell in love with it.

We've since sailed on the Meraviglia YC for 14 days (right before COVID) and then a 7 day on the Seashore YC last year. Both of those were wonderful as well, and our next MSC adventure will be next year for 14 days on the Seascape. 

Reading your trip report reminded me how wonderful cruising is, especially when you're on a really good cruise and I admit I got a little misty-eyed seeing some of those pictures, remembering how good our times on MSC have been, and looking forward to (hopefully) many more! Our next cruise is right out of our hometown Boston on Celebrity Summit for a Canada / New England trip. We're very excited for that but reading this definitely has me smiling thinking about next February on MSC too. 🙂

I hope you and your hubby have a great time on your next YC cruise and lots more for you, him, and your Mom!

Thanks for reading, and I am glad I could bring back good memories of your cruise on Seaside! I can't wait to get back onboard one of the MSC ships for round #2 🙂

• Like 1