Sailing no longer available

vandals04

9 hours ago, cruisnworld said:

Any advice from MSC veterans? 

As your cruise is so far away don´t expect MSC acting too fast. Just wait. No use to call the US hotline, as they also have to wait for informations from Naples. "Call again" means "We know nothing and cannot decide anything". 

We just recieved another email from MSC:

Dear Valued Guest

We are contacting you with important updates regarding MSC Meraviglia sailings departing from New York City on the following dates: 8/11/2024; 8/19/2024; 8/25/2024; 9/4/2024. Due to necessary operational reasons, we have had to modify the itineraries for these sailings. 

• 8/11/2024 (8 nights): Departure date does not change. Cruise shortened to 7 nights. Itinerary has been modified. MSC will recalculate the cruise fare based on the new cruise length. Bookings will be repriced by MSC no later than 10/10/2023. Guests who have already paid their balance in full will receive a prorated refund.  
  • 8/11/2024 (14 nights): Departure date does not change. Itinerary has been modified.  
  • 8/11/2024 (24 nights): Sailing cancelled. Guests reassigned to 9/1/2024 sailing (24 nights). Itinerary has been modified. 
  • 8/19/2024 (6 nights): Rescheduled to 8/18/2024. Cruise length extended to 7 nights. Guests will not be charged for the extra night (cruise fare only). Itinerary has been modified.  
  • 8/19/2024 (16 nights): Rescheduled to 9/8/2024. Cruise length extended to 17 nights. Guests will not be charged for the extra night (cruise fare only). Itinerary has been modified. 
  • 8/25/2024 (10 nights): Sailing cancelled. Guests reassigned to 9/15/2024 sailing (10 nights). Itinerary has been modified. 
  • 9/4/2024 (11 nights): Sailing cancelled. Guests reassigned to 9/25/2024 sailing (11 nights). Itinerary has been modified. 

We sincerely apologize for the disruption to your vacation, and any inconvenience this may cause. 

worst charter group I have ever wound up with was the 'Holistic Holiday at Sea' group on Divina. It was a group of holier than thou vegans that thought they ran the ship, and overtook EVERYTHING. Good luck getting any fresh fruit or veggies, or even salad. They vacuumed it up as fast as it came out.  Now, I actively look to avoid that group when I book.

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UPNYGuy said:

worst charter group I have ever wound up with was the 'Holistic Holiday at Sea' group on Divina. It was a group of holier than thou vegans that thought they ran the ship, and overtook EVERYTHING. Good luck getting any fresh fruit or veggies, or even salad. They vacuumed it up as fast as it came out. 

... no shortage of steak and lobster though I guess? 🙂

• Haha 4

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2023 at 10:20 PM, vandals04 said:

I booked a sailing for 8/19/24 on the Meraviglia but it no longer shows up on the MSC website.  If I login I do still see the sailing in my account but I cant add additional rooms.  Does this mean anything?  Should I be expecting a cancellation or change in itinerary?

I have booked acct on same ship departing Aug 18th. Is your date correct?

On 8/16/2023 at 10:20 PM, vandals04 said:

I booked a sailing for 8/19/24 on the Meraviglia but it no longer shows up on the MSC website.  If I login I do still see the sailing in my account but I cant add additional rooms.  Does this mean anything?  Should I be expecting a cancellation or change in itinerary?

3 minutes ago, Irdygirdy said:

I have booked acct on same ship departing Aug 18th. Is your date correct?

Correct.  It was originally 8/19 but they have since added a day.