Pop-Up Restaurants in the Lido on Queen Elizabeth?

tv24

We've sailed the QM2 many times and enjoy the specialty restaurants that are set up in the evening in Kings Court, like Coriander and Bamboo.  On Sept. 5 we board the Queen Elizabeth for the first time.  Asking those who have sailed the QE recently, are there similar pop-up/specialty restaurants in the Lido on the QE?  If so, what is the additional charge?

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Coriander, the Indian food Lido restaurant, was the best meal I have had at sea! Frontier was also fabulous. I believe they were both $25 pp additional if you booked ahead online, and $30 onboard.

Ate at Coriander a few days ago. Great food. Booked onboard at $25pp. 

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, Suggestions please! Have booked Lido Bamboo on Queen Elizabeth for our cruise in March. The date falls on a Gala evening, would it be nicer for MDR, so should I rebook another night! Thanks.

2 hours ago, fourpuppies said:

Hi everyone, Suggestions please! Have booked Lido Bamboo on Queen Elizabeth for our cruise in March. The date falls on a Gala evening, would it be nicer for MDR, so should I rebook another night! Thanks.

Just did Bamboo two nights ago and while nice, I’d say do it on a smart attire night. It isn’t done up anything different to how the lido looks and people will walk through on their way to wherever they are going (despite the signage). If wanting something for the gala night that is specialty, try Verandah. I found that excellent last night and despite some dressed down individuals, most in there were decently attired. 

Food at Bamboo attached. The appetiser is a bento box and then I ordered the chilli beef. The desserts are a quad taster plate. All quite tasty. 

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3004.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

Edited by Austcruiser84
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, fourpuppies said:

I think a little bit depends on the rest of your evening. I would also say it would be a good night for Verandah. But if you are going to Commodore Club, then to a show in the theatre, then maybe the Queens Room and / or Yacht Club then Bamboo would be only a part of your Gala evening anyway. But yes because it's around the Lido which is outside the dress code you probably don't get the full experience there. And the Britannia menu tends to go a bit upscale on Gala evenings.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:14 PM, Austcruiser84 said:

Just did Bamboo two nights ago and while nice, I’d say do it on a smart attire night. It isn’t done up anything different to how the lido looks and people will walk through on their way to wherever they are going (despite the signage). If wanting something for the gala night that is specialty, try Verandah. I found that excellent last night and despite some dressed down individuals, most in there were decently attired. 

Food at Bamboo attached. The appetiser is a bento box and then I ordered the chilli beef. The desserts are a quad taster plate. All quite tasty. 

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3004.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

Thanks for your reply! Wow, the food looks amazing. Getting excited now, first time on Cunard. 54 days to go! Trying to change booking to another day, otherwise we will cancel. Had booked Bamboo twice. Enjoy your cruise.

On 1/14/2024 at 6:56 PM, Pushpit said:

I think a little bit depends on the rest of your evening. I would also say it would be a good night for Verandah. But if you are going to Commodore Club, then to a show in the theatre, then maybe the Queens Room and / or Yacht Club then Bamboo would be only a part of your Gala evening anyway. But yes because it's around the Lido which is outside the dress code you probably don't get the full experience there. And the Britannia menu tends to go a bit upscale on Gala evenings.

Thanks! Trying to move to another night or will cancel as we have two bookings there. I immediately thought MDR would be nicer when I realised it clashed.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:11 AM, Victoria2 said:

I order the chilli beef [in QG] as an off menu dish at least once during a trip but I make sure it's prepared 'as Bamboo' or I might get a QG galley version which isn't quite the same.

Can you order something from the pop-up in PG, or just in QG?

10 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Can you order something from the pop-up in PG, or just in QG?

I don 't know, but it's 'off menu' and as I was informed, comes from the Grill's kitchen and not the pop up one. I have had one version which was definitely not the same as Bamboo, but still very tasty,  so I specify 'as Bamboo'.