Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

I was the same way with the Grand Canyon. Kind of like Clark Griswold in "Vacation".

Too funny! I thought the Grand Canyon was epically beautiful. There are so many angles and viewpoints to appreciate it from. Not to mention sunset. I had to force myself to stop staring at it to give my brain a much needed break.

• Like 7

It feels like a lot of the breakfast places are closed on Monday. I was going to go to the biscuit club but it turned out to be closed today.

I decide just to do a coffee and pastry then get lunch in before I leave. I head to a coffee shop down the street from my Airbnb. I didn’t look. I didn’t look. I didn’t look. Closed on Monday. 

I remember hearing about a good bakery called fire island..so this time I look…closed on Monday. We know that kubok doesn’t open until noon if at all.

Finally I find something.

IMG_1802.thumb.jpeg.66c6fbf19809a3a8d6297627c6a05d59.jpeg

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, TravelE said:

Too funny! I thought the Grand Canyon was epically beautiful. There are so many angles and viewpoints to appreciate it from. Not to mention sunset. I had to force myself to stop staring at it to give my brain a much needed break.

I thought "oh I saw the Grand Canyon when the Brady Bunch visited it."  Then I saw it IRL.  Blew me away!🤩

• Like 7

I had told the hosts about the problems I had with my first Airbnb. The only one that was an issue here was really at the bottom of the list. It was no live TV. She had it setup here where Airbnb guests could sign into their own subscriptions. But when she heard about me not liking no tv at the last one she hooked up her Hulu with an Airbnb account before I arrived.

IMG_1811.thumb.jpeg.2494696af9c00fe0198f9cb67f1ec284.jpeg

IMG_1812.thumb.jpeg.d32512bf7e18dd2554c8ff6dcacdc8e7.jpeg

• Like 26

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg...real question is did you sleep well at the Air BnB?

Yeah the bed was comfortable. The fan I needed because l like it cool for sleeping and even though the thermostat said 69 last night, it seemed warm for my taste when it comes to sleeping.

• Like 7

Okay. I walked to F Street at 10:30.

they told me their bar opens at 10 but no food until 11. I’m sure I could’ve requested a late check out but after the early check in, I really didn’t want to ask for something else extra. So I lugged my suitcase up here.

The two downsides to the Airbnb are the steps and the hill. If you go towards 49th state brewery there’s also a hill. If you go the other direction the hill gets less steep but you are probably going out of your way a bit.

This is from the top of the hill. I just did it with my suitcase and backpack which is great.

IMG_1818.jpeg

• Like 12