For all questions regarding Explora

frogfish12

14 minutes ago, saminina said:

Placement of Steinway pianos was an Explora attraction.   Otherwise,I prefer silence.

What about the kind of ceremonial music played at your annual "Tin Cup Doins" to celebrate the "Cradle of Clamperdom" ?

P.S. Keely, Ella and Louis were often accompanied by Steinway pianos.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
ps

Just to let you all know the continuous loop Explora commercials on the giant tv screens has been eliminated. Now replaced with giant still abstract color pictures that change every few minutes. Cannot exactly call them art. 
Please note I am not nitpicking but trying to respond to some questions. 
We are very happy with many things here. Just trying to get used to the new stuff. Explora trying to get used to us. Maybe they will get it!  Maybe not. We have lots of good choices these days. Thirty five years ago it was Royal Viking and Sagafjord!!!

• Like 3

They focussed on a Rolex store

they thought that would make it a luxe cruise line 

laughable

i booked a residence and I’m cancelling 

a beautiful large suite without more is a waste of money

silver ray and silver nova are also gorgeous and silversea knows luxury. 

• Like 2

As  lowly enjoyers of MSC Yacht Club, we unsophisticated having booked a Residence for 2 weeks this December/January are 'throwing caution to the wind' and will brave the "software" issues because it is simply too late in the game to find anything else available.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Any tips, from those that have been on E1, about the dress code?  Are there formal nights?  Should men bring a tux, blazer, whatever?

Hank

Hank from what i see fron other posts looks like nice evening attire sort of upscale casual generally no formal nights. I plan to being a suit with no tie just in case

24 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Any tips, from those that have been on E1, about the dress code?  Are there formal nights?  Should men bring a tux, blazer, whatever?

Hank

I saw a video  that someone posted that looked like people weaving  what you might see at a very nice restaurant or special occassion dinner for evenings 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I brought a tuxedo of course but have not heard yet if any formal nights. No dress code of the day is posted. Most folks are wearing country club casual. Most men in Fil Rouge wearing jackets. Other restaurants mostly shirts and trousers. 
Ladies always look great and adapted. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I'm "surprised" at the number of rats abandoning the other luxury lines.

Rats?  Most luxury cruisers I know do not sail only one luxury line. Each line is very different. Itinerary and ship matter. I have bookings on regent silversea and seabourn. I like them all for different reasons. Explora looked like a nice new luxury line to try and perhaps add to my choices.  Not the case 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Just to let you all know the continuous loop Explora commercials on the giant tv screens has been eliminated. Now replaced with giant still abstract color pictures that change every few minutes. Cannot exactly call them art. 

Taking a cue from Viking, where they post "art" and photographs.  And how they have their "Munch Moments", where they flash his artwork while some bad classical music is played.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Not quite right.  We are pretty typical in that we cruise multiple luxury lines.  Just booked another long Seabourn trip and will soon book our first Silverseas.  While we are pleased with Seabourn there is always time for other lines.  

Hank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"'Like Rats Fleeing a Sinking Ship': A History. The idiom like rats fleeing a sinking ship, used in reference to people abandoning an enterprise once it seems likely to fail, has shown great linguistic tenacity, having been in regular use for over four hundred years." Here it is used as a simile. I use it as a metaphor. Sorry if I 'touched a nerve'. (another metaphor)

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

General Information
Does Explora Journeys offer suit/dress rental service?

As we do not have any formal nights, we do not offer a rental service.

How many formal nights are on my Journey, and what type of clothing is worn?

There are no formal nights.    

What is the dress code onboard Explora Journeys?

We don't have a dress code onboard but we suggest an Elegant Resort Casual style.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Critically Cruising said:

Taking a cue from Viking, where they post "art" and photographs.  And how they have their "Munch Moments", where they flash his artwork while some bad classical music is played.

HA I absolutely love the Munch moments from 6-6;30 on Viking Ocean. They are on  one big screen on landing in the Atrium.I love this feature..Viking has the gotten the rights to use Munch paintings  to use this way. You are of course on a Norwegian owned cruise line. 

To each their own, but then again Viking Ocean has a great niche and is doing very well.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Azulann said:

HA I absolutely love the Munch moments from 6-6;30 on Viking Ocean. They are on  one big screen on landing in the Atrium.I love this feature..Viking has the gotten the rights to use Munch paintings  to use this way. You are of course on a Norwegian owned cruise line. 

To each their own, but then again Viking Ocean has a great niche and is doing very well.

Makes me want to scream 🙂

• Haha 3