Thoughts on being back on Crystal (The Inaugural Cruise)

AtA

1 hour ago, AtA said:

Yes we also got ironing for 5 items a day and dry cleaning for 5 items. 

And flowers in the rooms. Apparently in the lower suites they supposedly no longer have flowers? Or so we were told by the head of housekeeping. Oh and afternoon canapés.

And of course the Sapphire is a little larger.

Oh, so no afternoon canapes in the Aquas?  Well then, back to our 5 PM nosh in the Bistro.  We'll live(and get in a few more steps.) 

4 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Oh, so no afternoon canapes in the Aquas?  Well then, back to our 5 PM nosh in the Bistro.  We'll live(and get in a few more steps.) 

There are afternoon canapes in the Aquamarines, just not the crab claws, shrimp, etc. I didn't mention that as I never want them and tell the butler that on day one.

Patty

• Like 2

Crystal will be able to perfect its suite mix on the new builds. Is it possible that the new mix of suites is a test of the market's appetite for bigger suites and higher prices? Count me in for the new cruise ships (not so much the expedition ships).

Thanks for the good review which was quite helpful to me. I never watch TV on a cruise and I never use the cabin phone to call other rooms and I never send laundry out. So all of that is immaterial to me. I do like the extra spaciousness of a suite, however. 

Here’s the most important question though: did the canapés include pigs in a blanket?

Edited by Cruise-y
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruise-y said:

Here’s the most important question though: did the canapés include pigs in a blanket?

We didn't have canapés everyday but on the days we did, there were NO pigs in a blanket. 😞

3 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Not a good one for the canapés when you are making them for a large number of suites.  But you can get ham at Waterside bring it to your room and cover it with your blanket. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Not a good one for the canapés when you are making them for a large number of suites.  But you can get ham at Waterside bring it to your room and cover it with your blanket. 

Speaking of which....are those light mohair blankets still in the rooms?

Most people know I’m a germaphobe, so it pains me to say this, but there are a lot of things on hotel beds that don’t get washed between guests…. Including things that touch most guests skin at some point.  The mohair throws are the least of my problems.

Vince

• Like 1