Bringing soda onboard

34TigerLily

25 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The rule is 1 per person, but it's generally not enforced.  We bring 2 each on and it's never been an issue.

You can also get more in ports and bring on as needed.

I believe you're referring to bottles of wine?

36 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I might be confusing Celebrity from Princess.   Princess might not have a defined limit, not that they enforce it anyway.

Princess does have defined policy. Wine 1 x 750ml per adult no charge at embarkation. Additional bottles charged $20/bottle corkage. Soda water and other non alcoholic beverages. 12 x 12 ounce cans or cartons per person.

Enforced??

Hubby actually packs a 12-pack in one of his pieces of luggage and hands it off to a porter.  He’s never had an issue.  Used to tote around that 12-pack once on board waiting for cabins to be available and got tired of doing that so now he packs it.

We also pick up more soda at port stops—sometimes cans and sometimes in plastic bottles.  Never an issue bringing onboard.

He certainly enjoys his Coke Zero…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

Hubby actually packs a 12-pack in one of his pieces of luggage and hands it off to a porter.  He’s never had an issue.  Used to tote around that 12-pack once on board waiting for cabins to be available and got tired of doing that so now he packs it.

No concerns about them breaking from the treatment?  I've thought about putting them in luggage to not have to carry, or actually putting one in the luggage and one I carry, and do that with both our suitcases.  But I have worried about them breaking because of treatment.

Also, have read of some buying plastic bottles of water in 12 and 24 packs and putting a luggage tag on them and getting them delivered to the room.  that would be nice if I thought it would work.

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Which I consider a good thing.  Can bring on as much as you think you will need and not have to purchase onboard.

Although it can get heavy, at least I can bring on my own brand which they don't carry.

• Like 1