Door decoration

Kat915

Going on a cruise in a few weeks and it is my sister's 60th birthday.  Are those signs on doors magnetic or paper? Just wondering how to make a sign for the door. Any ideas for someone who isn't artistic? Thanks. 

We just made up a sign on our own for our friend's first cruise.

Made it up using a Word program and attached to the door with some interesting magnets.

Had some laughs from fellow cruisers.

Karen

We have a set of goldfish (painted by our artist daughter) that we use cruise after cruise.  She painted the fish on plain poster board, and I cut them out /added magnets /laminated the pieces so we can just slap them up in about two seconds.  The two fish + bubbles are small enough that they fit into a manila envelope folded in half, which takes up no space in my carry-on backpack.  

Notes: 

- The cabin's doors are all metal, and any magnet will do.  The walls inside your cabin are metal too, but that's off topic.

- I used free magnets (like from pizza places) on the back side of my goldfish.  

- Don't put something precious on your door.  It's not likely that anyone would take your decorations, but it is possible.  

- My husband and I really enjoy seeing other people's door decorations.  Occasionally we "take the long way" to the elevator just so we can see other people's choices.  Some people really "splash out" beyond their own doorframes, but we're happy with our little no-effort goldfish.

15 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

We have a set of goldfish (painted by our artist daughter) that we use cruise after cruise.  She painted the fish on plain poster board, and I cut them out /added magnets /laminated the pieces so we can just slap them up in about two seconds.  The two fish + bubbles are small enough that they fit into a manila envelope folded in half, which takes up no space in my carry-on backpack.  

Notes: 

- The cabin's doors are all metal, and any magnet will do.  The walls inside your cabin are metal too, but that's off topic.

- I used free magnets (like from pizza places) on the back side of my goldfish.  

- Don't put something precious on your door.  It's not likely that anyone would take your decorations, but it is possible.  

- My husband and I really enjoy seeing other people's door decorations.  Occasionally we "take the long way" to the elevator just so we can see other people's choices.  Some people really "splash out" beyond their own doorframes, but we're happy with our little no-effort goldfish.

Magnets from pizza places?   

I have printed off pictures onto card stock, laminated the pictures and attached magnets to the backs.  I am not particularly artistic either, but the internet is full of ideas from holiday images, nautical images—you name it you can find it.  You can easily find a 60th birthday image on line to print.  One time I even found a Christmas tree that I printed off and hung on my cabin wall.  It was several pieces that when put together made a large Christmas tree.