The Old Landing Card You Filled Out Before Landing in Australia

If I missed this posted answer, it was  accidentally overlooked.  I just came across these  Australia and New Zealand web sites that said now the "landing card" is a digital card you fill out before getting on the plane to either Australia or New Zealand.  We are flying from the US on Air New Zealand landing in Auckland before arriving in Melbourne  for a cruise.

I just want to make sure I am reading both websites correctly that now all your information is entered either via an app or using your PC.    We have the ETA Visas for both Australia and New Zealand.  Thanks for helping out on these requirements.

https://www.mtatravel.com.au/australian-digital-passenger-declaration/#:~:text=You can start your DPD,before your departure for Australia

https://www.travellerdeclaration.govt.nz/

So you didn't need to fill out anything for landing in Auckland?  Will have to re read those two websites.  Confusing for me to say the least.  Will be up your way for one of our port stops.  Been a few years since we  were there.

Borderforce had a go at digital entry a while back (early last year?) but I thought they pulled the whole thing as there were too many bugs in the system and it was also set up to capture vaccination status of incoming passengers when there were different rules around quarantine and entry, now no longer required. 

My last few flights/cruises have used the hardcopy incoming passenger cards.

Border force info

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

So you didn't need to fill out anything for landing in Auckland?  Will have to re read those two websites.  Confusing for me to say the least.  Will be up your way for one of our port stops.  Been a few years since we  were there.

As long as you are only in transit in Auckland, staying airside within the teminal, you don't need to fill in an NZ arrivals card. 

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

Borderforce had a go at digital entry a while back (early last year?) but I thought they pulled the whole thing as there were too many bugs in the system and it was also set up to capture vaccination status of incoming passengers when there were different rules around quarantine and entry, now no longer required. 

My last few flights/cruises have used the hardcopy incoming passenger cards.

Border force info

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As long as you are only in transit in Auckland, staying airside within the teminal, you don't need to fill in an NZ arrivals card. 

Thanks to both!!  Will only be changing planes in Auckland - then on to Melbourne.

30 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks to both!!  Will only be changing planes in Auckland - then on to Melbourne.

Flight attendants hand out on the plane any hard copy documentation you will need to fill out in order to go through customs and immigration. You'll definitely get one for landing in Melbourne (easier to fill it in on the plane so it's ready to go when you disembark the aircraft). I think I recall we had one landing in AKL also but if you're only in transit it shouldn't matter.

Edited by LittleFish1976
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Flight attendants hand out on the plane any hard copy documentation you will need to fill out in order to go through customs and immigration. You'll definitely get one for landing in Melbourne (easier to fill it in on the plane so it's ready to go when you disembark the aircraft). I think I recall we had one landing in AKL also but if you're only in transit it shouldn't matter.

Thanks

4 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

No. I didn't have to fill out a form before arriving in Auckland, but I was a transit passenger.

• Like 1