Vancouver flight times

dvpaintboy

How many other ships that day? How big are they?

If you can carry all your own bags off and schlep them over to SkyTrain (400 yards), then the other ships don't matter much - even if delayed because all other ships clear before yours so the queues for escalators, CBSA etc. are already long you will be at YVR within an hour of leaving the pier. But if you do need help with bags then that means you need a cab or shuttle or limo, so you may find that flight challenging to make unless it's a quiet day with few people fighting you for transportation!

Most cruiselines refuse to book a flight for pax before noon or even 12:30pm - so that's a nice safe target time for the earliest flight if you need any help whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Which ship will you be on?  Can you handle your luggage on your own?  You will need to walk over to the SkyTrain terminal.

Taxis and rideshare services should also be available if you do not want to use Skytrain.

My last few trips arriving YVR were solo and I had just a roller-bag and backpack, so it was easy for me to do Skytrain.

Years ago, I was doing a quick SFO to YVR and there was a delay getting docked in YVR, I believe we did not get off as first ‘walk offs’ till just after 10:30, grabbed a taxi and just made it for 11:55am flight back to the States.

Assume you are flying back to US from YVR? You also need to clear US/Customs at YVR so that can add delay. 

I believe my Ezair would not allow/display any flights earlier than Noon or 12:30, so assume you booked air independently? Even if your ship is scheduled to arrive very early in YVR,  they have to wait for port workers to arrive for scheduled work hours.

40 minutes ago, martincath said:

How many other ships that day? How big are they?

If you can carry all your own bags off and schlep them over to SkyTrain (400 yards), then the other ships don't matter much - even if delayed because all other ships clear before yours so the queues for escalators, CBSA etc. are already long you will be at YVR within an hour of leaving the pier. But if you do need help with bags then that means you need a cab or shuttle or limo, so you may find that flight challenging to make unless it's a quiet day with few people fighting you for transportation!

Most cruiselines refuse to book a flight for pax before noon or even 12:30pm - so that's a nice safe target time for the earliest flight if you need any help whatsoever.

Agree on taking the Skytrain but make sure you take the one to the airport and not something else. Skytrain takes about 30 minutes. No worry about traffic. Make sure to tap your CC on and off or you may get a much larger charge.

• Thanks 1

I personally never book an international flight earlier than 4 hours after scheduled disembarkation. Assume something will not go as planned and don't need the added stress of rushing to catch an international flight home. 

• Thanks 1