Booking Specialty Dining for multiple cabins

mamiamjo

We'll be sailing with two other couples and want to make a specialty dining reservation prior to our cruise.

What's the best way for me to make the reservation for the six of us? When I try using the Carnival website, it charges everybody to my account. Is there a way to be able to charge each cabin for two people each? 

36 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

We'll be sailing with two other couples and want to make a specialty dining reservation prior to our cruise.

What's the best way for me to make the reservation for the six of us? When I try using the Carnival website, it charges everybody to my account. Is there a way to be able to charge each cabin for two people each? 

They would need to make separate reservations

1 hour ago, mamiamjo said:

Yeah, thought of that but we want a table for 6, would that still work with 3 separate reservations for 2?

Maybe, you would need to go the the Steakhouse once onboard and ask for the reservations to be combined.  I would do that first thing

We booked Bonsai Teppanyaki by booking the three of us in our cabin and added four additional seats. You could probably do the same for the steakhouse. When I look at the booking it shows our three names and then four other slots that just list TBD instead of names.

16 hours ago, Guppy746 said:

We booked Bonsai Teppanyaki by booking the three of us in our cabin and added four additional seats. You could probably do the same for the steakhouse. When I look at the booking it shows our three names and then four other slots that just list TBD instead of names.

This is what I ended up doing. Unfortunately it charged the whole price for 6 people to my cabin. I guess the other two couples will just pay me for their portion. I know they wanted to use their OBC but I'm not sure if they can transfer part of their OBC to our cabin? If not they'll need to pay me cash.

3 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

This is what I ended up doing. Unfortunately it charged the whole price for 6 people to my cabin. I guess the other two couples will just pay me for their portion. I know they wanted to use their OBC but I'm not sure if they can transfer part of their OBC to our cabin? If not they'll need to pay me cash.

They could go to Cherry on Top and charge gift cards to their S&S

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I would think that 3 reservations for 2 is going to make it a lot harder to sit together than one 6 person reservation. Could you book for everyone and have the other couples venmo you the money?

Winner winner chicken dinner, no need for convoluted solutions 😉 

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Winner winner chicken dinner, no need for convoluted solutions 😉 

As I mentioned above, I ended up just booking the 1 reservation for 6, charged to my account. The other two parties will pay me back. The only issue is that the other parties would prefer to use up some of their OBC to pay for the dinner since they have like $500 OBC each cabin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

As I mentioned above, I ended up just booking the 1 reservation for 6, charged to my account. The other two parties will pay me back. The only issue is that the other parties would prefer to use up some of their OBC to pay for the dinner since they have like $500 OBC each cabin.

This is the easiest way but like Elaine said above I would think you could tie the three reservations to one table by asking at the venue earlier in the day, especially if it isn't the first night. You can still cancel the booking you made and do it this way. I didn't know they had that much OBC to use.

1 hour ago, mamiamjo said:

does carnival let you use OBC ahead of the cruise? It may be worth them calling to see if a reservation can be made without a charge. 

Yes, you can use OBC prior to boarding. When you get ready to "check out" you'll get a notification that you have available OBC then caution you about using to avoid using some amount that another person in the cabin might want to save.

Having the other people by gift cards as @Elaine5715 mentioned to give you is also a way for them to pay using their OBC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, you can use OBC prior to boarding. When you get ready to "check out" you'll get a notification that you have available OBC then caution you about using to avoid using some amount that another person in the cabin might want to save.

Having the other people by gift cards as @Elaine5715 mentioned to give you is also a way for them to pay using their OBC.

This can work also but I believe the minimum gift card purchase at Cherry on top is $100 which is about the price of the steakhouse for two people anyhow so it would work.