July 2024 west crossing

Reesetiff

Hello.  This will be my first QM2 cruise and crossing.  We are headed out in July.  I’d be interest to see different pictures of the sea’s in July.  I completely understand it can be anything, especially if there is a tropical storm brewing. I’m just curious 👀 for pictures. 

Also, what’s your recommendation of a must do on the ship? Any hidden secrets?  TYIA 

• Like 1

I'm cheating a bit since this photo isn't quite from July. It was taken August 4, 2016 from our sheltered balcony on deck 5. This was during the westbound portion of a roundtrip crossing on QM2 that begin in New York on July 24, 2016. It does show sea conditions that might be of some interest even if it was taken a few days past July.

QM2Seas2016-08-04.thumb.jpg.4c703f10ade3aa97251a0c8c12eab40e.jpg

• Like 16

The Portrait Gallery behind the Illuminations Theater on Deck 3 of all  the Famous that sailed on board Cunard.

I never hear passengers talk about the walk around. Also on Deck 2 behind the Illuminations lower level past Connextions, All the items and plaques presented to the QM2 from the different Ports of Call. Past the Computer Room. 

• Like 2

On our crossing, which started on 11 August, on the west bound, we saw whales, then a pod of dolphins that were jumping about 3m out of the sea.

Extremely calm, both ways, unfortunately. You could very easily forget that you were at sea.

• Like 2

Last week of June this year. Westbound. 
Expect fog as you approach south of Nova Scotia. 
Ask your M’D first day if they’re offering a wine tasting for the crossing. Splurge on a reflexology session at the spa. 
Unlike many mega/resort cruise ships, onboard QM2, you really feel you’re at sea so be out on deck as much as possible. It’s like waking up to a different national park every day. 
Enjoy getting lost!

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3360.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

The Portrait Gallery behind the Illuminations Theater on Deck 3 of all  the Famous that sailed on board Cunard.

I never hear passengers talk about the walk around. Also on Deck 2 behind the Illuminations lower level past Connextions, All the items and plaques presented to the QM2 from the different Ports of Call. Past the Computer Room. 

This sounds interesting 

3 hours ago, Reesetiff said:

This sounds interesting 

So sad people don't think these areas are interesting with everyplace else and activities to do.

But that is where they put them. A lot of these items (plaques) on the QE2 use to be on the walls of the Bridge....

19 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Aren’t some of those plaques behind the bridge?

20 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm cheating a bit since this photo isn't quite from July. It was taken August 4, 2016 from our sheltered balcony on deck 5. This was during the westbound portion of a roundtrip crossing on QM2 that begin in New York on July 24, 2016. It does show sea conditions that might be of some interest even if it was taken a few days past July.

QM2Seas2016-08-04.thumb.jpg.4c703f10ade3aa97251a0c8c12eab40e.jpg

Wow - great photo!  We've seen these creatures from QM2 but never managed a photo.

• Thanks 1