balcony sizes

a.madruga

If you sail on the Grand Class ships the balconies on Caribe Deck are larger and are also half-covered. We are booked for next April on Discovery Princess (definitely not a Grand Class ship) and booked a balcony on Dolphin deck as the forward and aft sections of that deck have larger balconies.

I'm sure there are a lot of folks here who are more experienced cruisers than I am and who likely know the location of the largest balconies on every ship in the fleet. Hopefully they will chime in here.

• Thanks 1

Sapphire

Deck 10, Caribe deck, 9ft x 9ft half covered. Also mini suites on deck 9, 9ft x 6ft uncovered and deck 8 aft covered. There are also aft facing balconies as well as forward facing balconies that are larger. Also B746/7.

The deck plans are your friend,. Check them out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It was a big letdown when we went from the Grand class ships to the Royal class. Although we still like the Royal class ship layout, most of their balconies are small.

But covered - I love Royal class deck 15 / Marina as lido overhang offered excellent sun/rain protection.  Mid-ship obstructed balconies are excellent choices.  

I hate the grand class tiers and exposed balconies.  Mini-suite E731 is my go-to for a large, private, covered balcony.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It was a big letdown when we went from the Grand class ships to the Royal class. Although we still like the Royal class ship layout, most of their balconies are small.

Agreed. We love the Caribe Deck balconies on Grand Class ships. That's why I was so happy to see Princess add at least a few similar balconies to the Royal Class ships starting with the Majestic, on Dolphin Deck as @Thrak mentioned. 

Also, we sailed Discovery Princess to Alaska last year and had a basic cabin on Sun Deck forward, adjacent to the Retreat Pool, and were pleased to find the balconies on those cabins to be larger than standard for Royal Class ships. They're not huge by any means, but at least a little deeper than on the rest of the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

your right after being on Caribbean Princess mini suite and everybody can see from above

On 8/27/2023 at 7:12 AM, skynight said:

Sapphire

Deck 10, Caribe deck, 9ft x 9ft half covered. Also mini suites on deck 9, 9ft x 6ft uncovered and deck 8 aft covered. There are also aft facing balconies as well as forward facing balconies that are larger. Also B746/7.

The deck plans are your friend,. Check them out.

Thank you for THIS!

I do have the deck plans up, but haven't noticed where it references "half covered" versus "uncovered."  Your reply is super helpful.

Edited by MississippiMom

4 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Thank you for THIS!

I do have the deck plans up, but haven't noticed where it references "half covered" versus "uncovered."  Your reply is super helpful.

It is not mentioned on the Princess web site deck plans. It is known from experience of being on Grand Class ships. If you go to the site below, select the deck you want and then select the cabin guru box there will be text which mentions information regarding the cabins and balconies.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Sapphire-Princess

• Thanks 1