Recommended Hotels Near Miami Airport

RocketMan275

We've decided to spend the night after debarkation and catch a flight home the next day.   

Looking for a good hotel near the airport where we can catch a morning flight home.

Walking distance to a good resturant is important.

Not particularly price sensitive.

Reason-no really good flights home except in the morning. 

Strongly prefer MIA over FLL airports.

I  tried searching but to no avail.

Edited by RocketMan275

Have you considered staying in Miami where there is so much more to do and restaurants abound?  If your flight is early in the morning, transportation to the airport (taxi or Uber/Lyft) should be quick before traffic increases.

52 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Have you considered staying in Miami where there is so much more to do and restaurants abound?  If your flight is early in the morning, transportation to the airport (taxi or Uber/Lyft) should be quick before traffic increases.

Yes, we considered that.  In fact, we'll be staying in Miami before the cruise.  After the cruise we just want something clean and comfortable where we can kick back and relax and catch a morning flight back home.  We'll be in bed before nine.  

On 8/28/2023 at 3:47 PM, Rockymaya said:

Hampton inn Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon.

I stayed there last November pre MIA flight the next day after Port Everglades debarkation.  I too just wanted to get there and chill and go to bed early.  It was clean and easy.  Shuttle to the airport in the morning.  No restaurant recommendations because I just had McDonald's from across the street!  

~Nancy

• Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 12:02 PM, RocketMan275 said:

We've decided to spend the night after debarkation and catch a flight home the next day.   

Looking for a good hotel near the airport where we can catch a morning flight home.

Walking distance to a good resturant is important.

Not particularly price sensitive.

Reason-no really good flights home except in the morning. 

Strongly prefer MIA over FLL airports.

I  tried searching but to no avail.

I'm booked at Pullman Hotel Blue Lagoon area.  I think they offer free shuttle to airport.

21 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Can you explain why you booked that hotel?

Would you mind reporting back after your stay?

Im not going until Jan.  From what I can remember, I think I just liked the style of the room more than the Hilton.  Im staying 2 nights pre-cruise, visit family in Miami as well as ft Lauderdale.  Arrive super early in the am ( around 5:30am). Since we are having a rental car, I didn't want to drive to far after a 5 hour red eye flight. I believe there is a nice restaurant ( 94th Areo Squadron) across the street.  

4 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Im not going until Jan.  From what I can remember, I think I just liked the style of the room more than the Hilton.  Im staying 2 nights pre-cruise, visit family in Miami as well as ft Lauderdale.  Arrive super early in the am ( around 5:30am). Since we are having a rental car, I didn't want to drive to far after a 5 hour red eye flight. I believe there is a nice restaurant ( 94th Areo Squadron) across the street.  

Which Hilton would that be?  The Hampton Inn, The Hilton Blue Lagoon, Tru, or Homewood Suites?

Did you look at the Hyatt House which is right next door to the Pullman?

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Which Hilton would that be?  The Hampton Inn, The Hilton Blue Lagoon, Tru, or Homewood Suites?

Did you look at the Hyatt House which is right next door to the Pullman?

It was so long ago that I booked for Jan 24, but I think I was choosing between Hilton Blue Lagoon and Pullman.  I like the style/feel of the Pullman ( at least from the pictures).  

Just now, 9tee2Sea said:

It was so long ago that I booked for Jan 24, but I think I was choosing between Hilton Blue Lagoon and Pullman.  I like the style/feel of the Pullman ( at least from the pictures).  

Please return and let me know how that worked out.

The pullman is in the vacinity of where I would like to book.  

I won't have a car so most of those hilton hotels are out of the question, only the Hampton Inn is still in consideration along with the Hyatt House.

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Please return and let me know how that worked out.

The pullman is in the vacinity of where I would like to book.  

I won't have a car so most of those hilton hotels are out of the question, only the Hampton Inn is still in consideration along with the Hyatt House.

will do, but like I said, I not leaving until  late Jan, 2024.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

I opted for the Hampton Blue Lagoon for our one night pre cruise in Feb 2024 instead of the Hampton Brickell.

I also booked it for our extended family for May 2024 another one nighter.

Any particular reason for choosing that Hampton Inn?

I'm considering both that Hampton and a nearby Hyatt Place for a one night post cruise hotel while waiting for a good flight home.

I'm tending towards Doubletree Biscayne for the one night precruise because I like to see the ships in the morning before the cruise.

Price was less at the Blue Lagoon, they have a shuttle from MIA and the Publix area across the street works for us on this trip.

I don't need to see the ships morning of cruise...I'm busy having breakfast and getting ready to checkout and be on my way.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 8:21 AM, Marie51 said:

EB hotel is very nice, free shuttle to airport. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant so I don’t know about restaurants in the area.

We loved staying there. There was a Pollo Tropical 1-2 minute walk away and Burger King. We ate at the Pollo Tropical - it was pretty good for a late night dinner after the long day of traveling.

This time we are staying at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon (because I sadly couldn't get the same great rate at the EB hotel again). I am glad to hear there are some eateries around it as well.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 8/30/2023 at 7:21 AM, Marie51 said:

EB hotel is very nice, free shuttle to airport. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant so I don’t know about restaurants in the area.

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

We loved staying there. There was a Pollo Tropical 1-2 minute walk away and Burger King. We ate at the Pollo Tropical - it was pretty good for a late night dinner after the long day of traveling.

This time we are staying at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon (because I sadly couldn't get the same great rate at the EB hotel again). I am glad to hear there are some eateries around it as well.

Thank you.  I may add that hotel to my list of contenders.

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Their websites states mask will be worn outside of rooms.  That's a Full Stop-No Go.  Have they not just updated their website?

2. How was the restaurant for dinner?

3.  How was breakfast?  Included?

Edited by RocketMan275

22 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

1. Their websites states mask will be worn outside of rooms.  That's a Full Stop-No Go.  Have they not just updated their website?

it does?????

They probably haven't updated that website area in a while. Which is ok. I looked on the CDC website recently (when I had Covid again) and some of that advice was a bit outdated as well.

Nobody wore masks at the hotel in April of this year. I know Covid picked up quite a bit in the last several months, but I doubt that policies anywhere have changed to require masks. Especially in Florida.... 

We will wear masks on the plane and possibly through the airport in November, but definitely not at the hotel. On the ship we may wear them to the theater or other crowded venues.

oh, forgot the link: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2930782-oasis-april-2-9-2023-a-wonderful-cruise/#comment-65200542 first post is about the EB hotel.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it does?????

They probably haven't updated that website area in a while. Which is ok. I looked on the CDC website recently (when I had Covid again) and some of that advice was a bit outdated as well.

Nobody wore masks at the hotel in April of this year. I know Covid picked up quite a bit in the last several months, but I doubt that policies anywhere have changed to require masks. Especially in Florida.... 

We will wear masks on the plane and possibly through the airport in November, but definitely not at the hotel. On the ship we may wear them to the theater or other crowded venues.

oh, forgot the link: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2930782-oasis-april-2-9-2023-a-wonderful-cruise/#comment-65200542 first post is about the EB hotel.

Good to hear.

Thanks for the link.

The keurig coffee maker is a disntinct plus.  

I see where the showers have two shower head.  Are they walk in showers, ie, not a tub?

We dislike tubs more than we do masks.

Edited by RocketMan275

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I see where the showers have two shower head.  Are they walk in showers, ie, not a tub?

walk-in for sure. Our son loved that shower! It's huge and fancy. The only problem we had in our room was that the shower door didn't fully close, so while the kid took an hour long shower, basking in all that glorious water spraying from all sides, a ton of it spilled through the crack into the general bathroom area. When we took a shower, we just put a towel on the floor to cover the crack.