Labor Day Upgrade Sale

FetaCheese

2 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

My TA's Labor Day Sale re: Oceania.

Mentions TA offer not combinable with O Labor Day Upgrade Sale, or OCCAP.

Has anyone received brochure, or other notice ?

@FetaCheese Hello friend.  Here is what I remember from last year.  I booked my cruise with the Labor Day 4 category upgrade.  I am not saying or have I heard the same sale will happen this year to be clear.  At the time, my TA large agency had a special where they paid your gratuities.  However, this sale made that perk (gratuities) not allowed.  I was a bit bummed but understood.  It did allow my American Express Platinum Perks to be valid though. 

Months later, the Extraordinary Sales Event happened and it WAS combinable with the Four Category Upgrade Promotion.  I thought that I won the lottery to "Double Dip" promotions.  Then I was informed my American Express Platinum Perks were no not valid.  Fair trade with all things considered

Since I booked my cruise last September, I have not gotten a paper brochure.  So that relates to your situation.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@FetaCheese Hello friend.  Here is what I remember from last year.  I booked my cruise with the Labor Day 4 category upgrade.  I am not saying or have I heard the same sale will happen this year to be clear.  At the time, my TA large agency had a special where they paid your gratuities.  However, this sale made that perk (gratuities) not allowed.  I was a bit bummed but understood.  It did allow my American Express Platinum Perks to be valid though. 

Months later, the Extraordinary Sales Event happened and it WAS combinable with the Four Category Upgrade Promotion.  I thought that I won the lottery to "Double Dip" promotions.  Then I was informed my American Express Platinum Perks were no not valid.  Fair trade with all things considered

Since I booked my cruise last September, I have not gotten a paper brochure.  So that relates to your situation.

Thanks for your response.  Did not see it prior to my above posting.

Have not been on O since 2019.  Have 1 booked in September 2023.

Have been receiving brochures for all these years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@FetaCheese I am so very excited for you.  I believe you will be on the Riviera.  Please when you come home, let us all know your experience.  

No, Regatta.  I am considering doing a live from.  Did one on V, a TA December 2022.  I thought it was well received, based on # of views, and responses.

However, I do wish that I were on your cruise !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SATaxman said:

No thanks. Just commenting how crazy this seems.

Not crazy at all

It has been mentioned by several people they are getting less brochures  now

We had our TA remove us from the mailing list  years ago

We got one in the spring just after booking  a cruise   fingers crossed  the  deluge is not around the corner

• Like 1

And the sales keep flowing freely. Is this the 5th or 6th major sale so far in 2023? Hope our Baltic cruises are on it. There was no 2023 Presidents' Day sale because they were running something else (was that the 20th Anniversary Sale?). I forget if there was the 2023 Memorial Day sale either. A continuous blur of sale after sale in 2023.

4 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

And the sales keep flowing freely. Is this the 5th or 6th major sale so far in 2023? Hope our Baltic cruises are on it. There was no 2023 Presidents' Day sale because they were running something else (was that the 20th Anniversary Sale?). I forget if there was the 2023 Memorial Day sale either. A continuous blur of sale after sale in 2023.

All 2024. --  6 Marina July/Aug, 1 Insignia July. 

32 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

All 2024. --  6 Marina July/Aug, 1 Insignia July. 

What does that mean? The "All 2024" has me confused. The Presidents', Memorial and Labor Day cabin-upgrade sales have been selective in the past, not covering "all" cruises in a given CY. Are you saying there are just 7 cruises on this sale?

I would assume it can only start on September 1st at the earliest, since the current ongoing "Summer Sale" ends 8/31/203.

Summer Sale

*Summer Sale expires 8/31/23, applies to select categories on select voyages, subject to availability and capacity controlled. Ask for VF special."

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Looks like  some 2023 sailings  in the  sale

Google is your friend 😉

If this is accurate, from one TA site, won't apply to our 2 Baltic cruises, that are after the end date:

Labor Day Sale

Oceania Cruises
Miami, FL United States

Valid for Travel 13 Nov 2023 - 21 Aug 2024

Enjoy up to a 4 Category Upgrade on 60 sailings in 2023 and 2024 with Oceania Cruises Labor Day Sale! Book by September 30, 2023.

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

We booked a May 18, 2024 Marina cruise under the "summer sale" in June.  The current four category upgrade sale is $1,000 per person more for a Veranda 4,5 or 6. We were not permitted to use our $200 Gift Certificate from our just completed cruise.

Joel Barry

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

What does that mean? The "All 2024" has me confused. The Presidents', Memorial and Labor Day cabin-upgrade sales have been selective in the past, not covering "all" cruises in a given CY. Are you saying there are just 7 cruises on this sale?

Yes, In 2024, in brochure,  7 cruises to Scan/N.

Europe.  6 Marina, 1 Insignia.

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

Sorry if this a newbie question everyone else already knows.  What does 4 category upgrade mean?

Secondly, I will be onboard on Labor Day. Will the onboard guy have all the current deals compared to my TA?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyer79 said:

What does 4 category upgrade mean?

Secondly, I will be onboard on Labor Day. Will the onboard guy have all the current deals compared to my TA?

I like to think of it for us as usually getting a B or A cabin at a C price. Booked an A4 off the 2021 Presidents' Day sale. But the deals are as they are. Keeping in mind there are G-F-C-B-A staterooms cabins and then the PH and higher suites.

And yes.

19 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

I like to think of it for us as usually getting a B or A cabin at a C price. Booked an A4 off the 2021 Presidents' Day sale. But the deals are as they are. Keeping in mind there are G-F-C-B-A staterooms cabins and then the PH and higher suites.

And yes.

Does that mean that the 4 category upgrade is only available for cabins/suites below PH?