Question about the Princess loyalty program

LHP

On Carnival, if you reach a higher level during the cruise you are on, you are automatically that higher level from the first day of the cruise.

Does Princess also do this ?

Thank you 

No. Your new level does not start until the next cruise. Or at least this is the way it used to work; I haven't verified it lately. My comments are based on how it was handled several years ago. Perhaps someone else has more recent experience.

If you qualified after the first leg of a B2B, their system did not always recognize you for the second leg. However, the Captain's Circle host was able to fix that at the end of the first leg.

This is clearly stated in the Captain's Circle Membership Benefits 

Edited by NavyVeteran
Added link
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrgoodbar said:

Do 5 day cruises qualify for double cruise credits for a suite?

Yes.

When I was working to get to Elite, I received 5 cruise credits in 9 days (8 nights at sea and 1 night in a hotel). I cruised one night on one ship, stayed one night in a hotel, then cruised a 3-night and a 4-night B2B on a different ship. The 3-night and 4-night B2B were in a suite with two credits for each cruise. I was then Elite for two trans-Atlantic cruises I took the next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHP said:

On Carnival, if you reach a higher level during the cruise you are on, you are automatically that higher level from the first day of the cruise.

Thank you 

I found out last year Princess has an exception. If you will be reaching a higher tier on the first couple days of a long cruise, the loyalty host may be able to elevate you for the rest of the cruise.

I was traveling on the LA to Sydney sailing in the Majestic. A passenger was waiting to talk to the loyalty host as they said they were told on their last cruise to see the circle host about getting their level updated as they were only a couple days away from the next level. 

I told them my understanding was the days for the current sailing are not credited to your account till you complete the sailing.

The next day the loyalty host confirmed Princess WILL upgrade your level for the current sailing, if you are reaching the next tier AND only if it is in the first couple days AND the cruise is a LONG sailing. Long was not clearly defined in number of days, but assume at least double digits.

7 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I found out last year Princess has an exception. If you will be reaching a higher tier on the first couple days of a long cruise, the loyalty host may be able to elevate you for the rest of the cruise.

I was traveling on the LA to Sydney sailing in the Majestic. A passenger was waiting to talk to the loyalty host as they said they were told on their last cruise to see the circle host about getting their level updated as they were only a couple days away from the next level. 

I told them my understanding was the days for the current sailing are not credited to your account till you complete the sailing.

The next day the loyalty host confirmed Princess WILL upgrade your level for the current sailing, if you are reaching the next tier AND only if it is in the first couple days AND the cruise is a LONG sailing. Long was not clearly defined in number of days, but assume at least double digits.

So, this tells us there is some discretion involved which may be applied - or not.  So be nice, folks!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LHP said:

Thank you 

No, however where a 14 days cruise is sold as 2 x 7 day cruises sometimes they credit points after the 7 day cruise.Regards John

• Haha 1

We did a B2B2B this April into May.  1st cruise and 2nd cruise were as Ruby and we were upgraded for the 3rd cruise to Platinum.  We just had to go to the Loyalty desk and they made the arrangements and then to GS to get the new sticker.  Now to aim for Elite. 🙂

karen

• Like 1

If you're close by number of cruises, just do some quick and easy Pacific Coastal cruises out of Seattle or Vancouver. I'm doing a 2-night on Royal from Seattle to Vancouver in 3 weeks, and then Crown does a 3-night in the NW before going to SF, so you could easily get two cruises for 6 nights, usually quite cheap too. If you go solo, you also get double credits. If you do a quick cruise between Vancouver and SF, you also get the enjoyment of sailing under two bridges, with some unusual itinerary times arriving or leaving Vancouver for Royal-class ships to make tides low enough to fit under the bridge. The drawback, other than iffy weather sometimes, is that once you end up as Elite you might end up like me, with dozens of minibottles of booze on top of your fridge. 

On 8/28/2023 at 8:06 PM, NavyVeteran said:

Yes.

When I was working to get to Elite, I received 5 cruise credits in 9 days (8 nights at sea and 1 night in a hotel). I cruised one night on one ship, stayed one night in a hotel, then cruised a 3-night and a 4-night B2B on a different ship. The 3-night and 4-night B2B were in a suite with two credits for each cruise. I was then Elite for two trans-Atlantic cruises I took the next year.

Haha, I've dreamed of doing something like this. The timing just never worked out. (DW is not yet retired) Our next cruise in Oct is our qualifier for Elite, but we still will have to wait for the following cruise.