Late April cruise, yes or no?

Missouri travel girl

Have you looked around the board? Discussed often.

Colder. A good number of things may not be open yet. You may not be able to sail to many of the glacier areas. Wildlife may be less active. 

These cruises are cheaper than others for a reason.

We are going mid-May, and I've found during planning that a lot of places/tours either aren't open quite yet or are just opening up when we get there. I think it would depend on where you want to go and what you want to do.

Ex: we booked a Matanuska Glacier hike for 5/13 and it is the first day they are open for the season.

It depends on what you want out of the cruise, honestly.  I live in the mountains and have regular wildlife visitors so seeing moose and bears wasn't on my radar.  I've seen lots of whales on other trips so that wasn't for me, either.  I was in it for the scenery and the relaxation of not having to go, go, go.   It was cool weather but I was fine since I am used to layering for the temperature.   I did the 4/29 sailing this past year on the Eurodam.  

8 hours ago, no1racefan1 said:

We are going mid-May, and I've found during planning that a lot of places/tours either aren't open quite yet or are just opening up when we get there. I think it would depend on where you want to go and what you want to do.

Ex: we booked a Matanuska Glacier hike for 5/13 and it is the first day they are open for the season.

I frequently go mid-May and find it a great time. I have never had an issue with things happening, except for salmon running. I think you will enjoy this time. This year, I went May 11th.

Edited by Coral