LIVE: 🗽 Lady Liberty 🗽 Heads North 9/2 - 9/7/23

7 hours ago, cynt said:

Thanks for the live review. 12 sleeps until we board her. I'm excited about Bermuda. Here's crossing everything that can be crossed that our itinerary doesn't change. We're so ready for a vacation we don't even care if it does. Just get us on a ship!

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻  We had the same thoughts.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I’ll try another quick video.  Sound on.  This is in the solarium.  Wind blowing so hard it sounded like the flags were going to be torn right off the line.

Wow, making me think I need to pack more jeans and hoodies when I start packing tonight for thurs departure!

Thanks for posting the live information @SteelCityCruiser10.  One of our friends was supposed to be on your cruise with his brother and four other guys on a "bachelor party" cruise in advance of the brother's upcoming wedding.  I don't know if they stuck with the cruise or if they changed their plans, but if you see six 30-ish-year-old guys celebrating (hopefully with more clothes on than shorts and flip-flops!) they deserve a toast - Cheers from Cindy and John!

I hope you all have a great cruise.

• Like 1

We are cleared to debark now.  

The tug boats were needed to push up to the pier.  Of course my phone was charging when the one tug boat did a donut and blew the horn saluting the ship.  Really wish I had it in video.  darn.  You’ll just have to imagine it I guess.   

We are winging it again.  I’ll report back later what we ended up doing.

I admit I had to google Donair 😂  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

Thanks for posting the live information @SteelCityCruiser10.  One of our friends was supposed to be on your cruise with his brother and four other guys on a "bachelor party" cruise in advance of the brother's upcoming wedding.  I don't know if they stuck with the cruise or if they changed their plans, but if you see six 30-ish-year-old guys celebrating (hopefully with more clothes on than shorts and flip-flops!) they deserve a toast - Cheers from Cindy and John!

I hope you all have a great cruise.

Thanks!  Ill keep an eye out.  Sounds like they may be easy to spot if they are onboard.

4 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We are in route to Halifax.  Scheduled for 10:30 arrival.  We moved ahead 1 hour last night so it’s 7:15 AM but sure does feel like 6:15 to me.  

I guess this is why I am not able to find you on the webcams yet.  I hope I remember to look later.

Internet might be better on this cruise due to location.   We had great speed when leaving Galveston on Allure but a few days later it was not.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:06 AM, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I'm late to the party but I will be following along. I'm interested on your review of the new Schooner menu. Some new interesting cocktails including that marshmallow old fashioned. I will be curious if you like it? Have a great cruise. Cheers!

I tried that Marshmallow old-fashioned on Oasis a couple of weeks back.  I was pleasantly surprised, and had it a few more times after that.  To the best of my knowledge, they were using the Buffalo Trace, if they weren't, they didn't tell me (I always ordered it from a server, not at the bar so I didn't see what they were using).

• Like 3

On 9/3/2023 at 2:21 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

spotted these bouys as we passed by.  fishing bouys?  just random lost bouys?  don’t know. 

IMG_0990.thumb.jpeg.4f271a843491ba191e772eccb126b54c.jpeg

The red thing in the center looks like a lobster pot buoy, but not knowing where you are, no way to know.  Same for the white thing to the left in the picture.  To the right of the red thing I'm seeing a bunch of white dots, I don't know what those are. 

6 hours ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Wow, making me think I need to pack more jeans and hoodies when I start packing tonight for thurs departure!

Heading north? Definitely.  Our friends wore long pants, long sleeve shirts, and jackets in Saint John and Halifax this week.

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

The red thing in the center looks like a lobster pot buoy, but not knowing where you are, no way to know.  Same for the white thing to the left in the picture.  To the right of the red thing I'm seeing a bunch of white dots, I don't know what those are. 

To the right the white dots are all birds.  It sure did look like some sort of fishing set.  Just seemed odd to me for whatever reason at the time.

3 PM was the only time left for the Peggy’s Cove and Titanic Cemetery tour.  We loved Peggy’s Cove.  Titanic Cemetery was interesting to see.  The bus ride was about 45-60 minutes each way to Peggy’s Cove.  i have to say the bus ride was absolutely miserable.  The air conditioner didn’t seem to be working on the bus but then after about 25 minutes it finally started to kick in.  The guide was horrendous. He was a mono-tone voice making terrible corny jokes nonstop.  The stream of thought was sooo hard to follow as he talked.  Often times he would start talking and lose his own train of thought and never make it to the point of the story.  I truly can’t explain how bad this bus ride was.  I honestly considered calling for a cab at Peggy’s Cove back to the ship just to avoid the bus ride back and I should have done that in hindsight.  

Moral of the story is to take a private taxi or other mode of transportation to Peggys Cove rather than the bus tour.  That’s my personal opinion.

• Like 4