Important--reduce the cost of your cruise

zteamtwo

VERY IMPORTANT!   Contact your travel agent or Oceania (if you booked with them) and ask for a reduction in your cruise cost because Oceania has a sale now and they should give you a reduced price.  I just saved over $700 for our A3 cabin sailing in Jan 24. Let me know if it works. This might not work for everyone.

More info.  I just looked at the 60 cruises on sale and I DO NOT SEE MY CRUISE LISTED (Jan 19--2024  12 days Vista).  I would suggest you look at your cruise on the Oceania site and see if the prices are different.  Mine are different from what we booked a couple of weeks ago.  Saved over $700.

3 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

More info.  I just looked at the 60 cruises on sale and I DO NOT SEE MY CRUISE LISTED (Jan 19--2024  12 days Vista).  I would suggest you look at your cruise on the Oceania site and see if the prices are different.  Mine are different from what we booked a couple of weeks ago.  Saved over $700.

It is on the upgrade sail:

MIAMI TO MIAMI

• 12 Days Aboard Vista
  •  
  • January 19 - January 31, 2024
  • FROM $4,199 PER GUEST

31 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

ask for a reduction in your cruise cost because Oceania has a sale now and they should give you a reduced price. 

If you had booked a cruise and subsequently Oceania increased its prices on that cruise, should they also charge you more?

Or, if I'd bought a sofa a few weeks before the sofa company had  a sale, would I expect them to refund me the difference in price. Maybe they would where you are in world. But where I am, the sofa company would tell me that's just business and tough luck. Of course, they wouldnt be able to tell me that for a while, until they stopped laughing. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Harters said:

If you had booked a cruise and subsequently Oceania increased its prices on that cruise, should they also charge you more?

Or, if I'd bought a sofa a few weeks before the sofa company had  a sale, would I expect them to refund me the difference in price. Maybe they would where you are in world. But where I am, the sofa company would tell me that's just business and tough luck. Of course, they wouldnt be able to tell me that for a while, until they stopped laughing. 

If the sofa had been paid for but not yet delivered, absolutely. Just did that with a piece of furniture. The company canceled my purchase, refunded my money, and resold me the piece at the sale price. Some companies will just refund the difference.

• Like 2

There are different rules/culture in different countries....outside the US, there are many countries that do not take returns, let alone adjust for lower price....my DIL is from Argentina and was astounded the first time we went shopping and I talked about returning if she wasn't happy.  Coupons also are not everywhere

19 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Only one of our cruises is listed. We are in a b5 cat on Vista, March 16, colonial America. We could go to b4, for an extra 600pp, no sale, makes NO sense.

DIdn't you already reprice doing the ESS?  I doubt there will be any sale that good...

2 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

More info.  I just looked at the 60 cruises on sale and I DO NOT SEE MY CRUISE LISTED (Jan 19--2024  12 days Vista).  I would suggest you look at your cruise on the Oceania site and see if the prices are different.  Mine are different from what we booked a couple of weeks ago.  Saved over 

Edited by Acrusa

2 hours ago, nuevowavo said:

If the sofa had been paid for but not yet delivered, absolutely. Just did that with a piece of furniture.

Wow. I am genuinely amazed. Another thing to add to my long list of how different America is to my country. Sometimes good difference. Sometimes not. 

• Like 2