I found a GREAT price for a Haven Suite, and here it is!

Sthrngary

@graphicguy  Gosh, that M&G was one of the best - April 2019 ... if not mistaken, does this help refresh memories ??  held in Le Bistro, Deck 6 Mid on the GEM.  Then, we had a fun Cabin Crawl - didn't you have an AFT balcony ... then, the smaller group made way up to see the 2 BR suite on Deck 10 Fwd, ending in Haven and up the staircase with the special reception ... two (2) Pats on that roll call's M&G (organized by Pat & Jim)  

image.thumb.jpeg.210aaeaa126bf1b4d8d56ecbdcb3904b.jpeg

Pull these out of home server's aux drive sub-folder, as I mirrored them offline ... never trust cloud storage 100%.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b3b64e7478c7bc6e44738e9de2f28d06.jpeg

We've sailed the GEM 4 or 5 times, she was in dry dock by 2018, not a complete overhaul but many areas were refreshed, some of the staterooms got USB bedside lamp upgrade (others didn't) and we're on her in Dec 2019 just before Covid-19 news exploded.  Missed the mid-sized ships and no matter what, despite the lack of extra "bells & whistles" ... DW and I would sail them in a heartbeat, just the ideal size and very easy to get around - 3 banks of elevators vs. 2 on the newer ships.  

Looking at our upcoming TA, Haven prices are absolutely absurd and there's no way that we'll upsize to them - it's crazy enough to go from our balcony to the mini-suite (hmmm, I mean the club balcony quasi-"suite" #cough #cough.  NCL's out of their minds these days.  Well, I was joking with DW about the Joy's westbound TA this winter after her dry dock, it's cheap for a balcony - straight sea days, not a single stop en route, disembark in Miami.  Maybe, we'll sweet talk our friends to cruise & seize one of the 2 BR Family Inside Suite, it's spacious and just as big as the ones upstairs in Haven, minus the butler and concierge ... for a winter TA, don't really need a balcony - the extra space will be good.  

NCL clearly discovered and has deployed new strategies in 2023, Haven are filled up and basically not available, sold out weeks in advance, regardless of reasons ... I think, most of the C19-related FCC and compensated offers, old CruiseNext Deposits sold/purchased pre-C19 are expiring by now or soon, so Miami is doing some things right and fattening their bank accounts.  Looking at the remaining New England-Canada cruises out of NY, Boston & the newly added port of Baltimore - same pattern emerging ... Havens selling out weeks ahead, not even hearing or reading about winning bids, never mind live bids (and, those were crazy - amounts that scored could've easily got them "winners" several non-Haven cabins)  Nowadays, seemed like if one wait until the last 2 weeks or a month to hunt for bargains, going to need more than luck to find a bargain ... only category left are Insides GTY, if at all.  

If the price is right, book it - and it's a deal.  Alaska was sold out in 2022, perhaps not the case in 2023 but I haven't really paid much attention to it - great prices appeared to be out there ... then, one quick airfare check, wow ... and it's forgetaboutit.  Almost any ships sailing out of NY lately - full and above double occupancies nearly a sure thing, deals - not really but maybe by chance & sheer luck.  Haven deals - not a chance out of Manhattan on NCL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

@graphicguy  Gosh, that M&G was one of the best - April 2019 ... if not mistaken, does this help refresh memories ??  held in Le Bistro, Deck 6 Mid on the GEM.  Then, we had a fun Cabin Crawl - didn't you have an AFT balcony ... then, the smaller group made way up to see the 2 BR suite on Deck 10 Fwd, ending in Haven and up the staircase with the special reception ... two (2) Pats on that roll call's M&G (organized by Pat & Jim)  

image.thumb.jpeg.210aaeaa126bf1b4d8d56ecbdcb3904b.jpeg

Pull these out of home server's aux drive sub-folder, as I mirrored them offline ... never trust cloud storage 100%.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b3b64e7478c7bc6e44738e9de2f28d06.jpeg

We've sailed the GEM 4 or 5 times, she was in dry dock by 2018, not a complete overhaul but many areas were refreshed, some of the staterooms got USB bedside lamp upgrade (others didn't) and we're on her in Dec 2019 just before Covid-19 news exploded.  Missed the mid-sized ships and no matter what, despite the lack of extra "bells & whistles" ... DW and I would sail them in a heartbeat, just the ideal size and very easy to get around - 3 banks of elevators vs. 2 on the newer ships.  

Looking at our upcoming TA, Haven prices are absolutely absurd and there's no way that we'll upsize to them - it's crazy enough to go from our balcony to the mini-suite (hmmm, I mean the club balcony quasi-"suite" #cough #cough.  NCL's out of their minds these days.  Well, I was joking with DW about the Joy's westbound TA this winter after her dry dock, it's cheap for a balcony - straight sea days, not a single stop en route, disembark in Miami.  Maybe, we'll sweet talk our friends to cruise & seize one of the 2 BR Family Inside Suite, it's spacious and just as big as the ones upstairs in Haven, minus the butler and concierge ... for a winter TA, don't really need a balcony - the extra space will be good.  

NCL clearly discovered and has deployed new strategies in 2023, Haven are filled up and basically not available, sold out weeks in advance, regardless of reasons ... I think, most of the C19-related FCC and compensated offers, old CruiseNext Deposits sold/purchased pre-C19 are expiring by now or soon, so Miami is doing some things right and fattening their bank accounts.  Looking at the remaining New England-Canada cruises out of NY, Boston & the newly added port of Baltimore - same pattern emerging ... Havens selling out weeks ahead, not even hearing or reading about winning bids, never mind live bids (and, those were crazy - amounts that scored could've easily got them "winners" several non-Haven cabins)  Nowadays, seemed like if one wait until the last 2 weeks or a month to hunt for bargains, going to need more than luck to find a bargain ... only category left are Insides GTY, if at all.  

If the price is right, book it - and it's a deal.  Alaska was sold out in 2022, perhaps not the case in 2023 but I haven't really paid much attention to it - great prices appeared to be out there ... then, one quick airfare check, wow ... and it's forgetaboutit.  Almost any ships sailing out of NY lately - full and above double occupancies nearly a sure thing, deals - not really but maybe by chance & sheer luck.  Haven deals - not a chance out of Manhattan on NCL. 

Thanks, Henry!  

Remember it well.  I did have an Aft Balcony cabin.  I enjoyed it.

M&G and then the cabin crawl culminating in the Black Diamond Haven Suite being where Butlers served canapés and drinks IIRC.

It was a grand time and set the tone for the cruise.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 8:43 AM, graphicguy said:

Assuming you are asking if I have ever sailed in the GEM?  I have.  It’s my favorite Jewel Class ship.  It’s not a “mega-ship”, but it’s also not small and boring.  Now, it’s been a while (maybe @mking8288 can comment how long ago, as we were on the same cruise).  

Gem is absolutely our favorite ship as well. Hands down. It has no itineraries on the NCL site after Jan 2025, so thinking it's privately chartered (don't see it on private charter lists either). I'm trying to move a Feb 2024 cruise to a Gem cruise ...I don't care where, just miss that ship. 

The Haven is the warmest and loveliest in the fleet. Small # of rooms, perfect pool area. Only the Pearl's crew came close to the top notch and personalized care. The only downside is not having the Haven restaurant but on the Gem it is really not that important as the MDR is great and the specialty options you get as a Haven guest are also wonderful. 

Haven to Bermuda...now THAT would be heaven. Anyone know where it's going to be in 2025?

Warmest Amy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

We're getting off Pr1ma on Dec. 1st. I'd rather just stay on. I may need to. Oh my....not sure my boss would be too happy with this though.....may just need to take the risk anyway!

Haven for the TA already sold out, 58 days to go as you well know.  Better ask & decide quick or else, you will either have to bid for it or stay downstairs in steerage, LOL.  We don't have many doing B2B.  @azcruise is running the first M&G.  Shall I hold a spot for you 2 on the Dec roll call 😁 😉 as we are most definitely planning for a M&G (roster is growing fast) ... not a chance to allow anyone from FB to attempt to hijack the CC gathering onboard.  They do theirs and we do ours, they are welcome to join us ... 

Oops, quick - looks like that category is gone, sold out this morning ?? appeared either folks given upgrades already via bidding and/or others just buy up directly.  2 BR Villa is still available, "slightly" higher - much more spacious. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Haven for the TA already sold out, 58 days to go as you well know.  Better ask & decide quick or else, you will either have to bid for it or stay downstairs in steerage, LOL.  We don't have many doing B2B.  @azcruise is running the first M&G.  Shall I hold a spot for you 2 on the Dec roll call 😁 😉 as we are most definitely planning for a M&G (roster is growing fast) ... not a chance to allow anyone from FB to attempt to hijack the CC gathering onboard.  They do theirs and we do ours, they are welcome to join us ... 

Oops, quick - looks like that category is gone, sold out this morning ?? appeared either folks given upgrades already via bidding and/or others just buy up directly.  2 BR Villa is still available, "slightly" higher - much more spacious. 

The gremlins have started early! TA site isn't currently working either.

image.thumb.png.4c2fdf581b6080fed5f0cef1a8be7e2b.png

Alas, even if the Haven weren't fully booked, we wouldn't be able to take this one. I already begged my boss for a two week UNpaid leave of absence for the Pr1ma Transatlantic we're on. I don't think she'd approve another two weeks...I don't understand why managers care if one is going unpaid, but apparently this one does. Oh well. No more cruises in 2023 for us, even if we really did want to try out a MSC cruise in November and this cruise in December. (Dream cruise mode activated)

I hope you truly enjoy the b2b. That's amazing you fine folks will be on for 27 days!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

The gremlins have started early! TA site isn't currently working either.

... That's amazing you fine folks will be on for 27 days!!

NCL's portal (regular) is working ... fingers crossed as we cancelled weekend out-of-town getaway.  NHC called it at 14:00 EDT - CYCLONE BECOMES TROPICAL STORM OPHELIA (storm tracking further west toward inland - should not be too bad for our neighborhood.)   

In case anybody else is lurking & thinking about the above reference deal, that Haven suite is back and available, perhaps folks upgraded to a nicer Haven suite & "free" it for bidding or a direct deal - GTY cabin to be assigned. 

Hush, ya blowing our cover ... it's 11 plus 14 for 25 days of floating only 😄  pre-cruise air / independent sightseeing, together is an entire month ... getting cold feet.  Minor things, just us, will houseplants "make" it - maybe get one of our trusted nephew to come over with a set of keys to check on things.  And, hold mail at the post office.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2023 at 2:25 PM, graphicguy said:

I have a theory….no proof of this being true…just my hypothesis.

I think NCL is aggressively going after the MSC YC business on their home turf in Europe.  

NCL’s Haven prices in Europe have been outstanding the last few months.

I monitor UK market.

MSC were aggressive with their tips included, great solo and family deals,

adapting ships for UK tastes, more food and kettles.

They listened to the issues.

UK passengers are very sensitive to added costs and prepared to pay more for the more packaged offering than work out the cost, just assume it will end up more expensive, which puts them off the main US lines.

The MSC YC experience is very positive even on the big ships they have kept them to  sensible capacity.

This coming winter UK cruises the YC inside are getting £200pppd, a regular inside under £100pppd(with the same packages to match YC).

NCL had  some decent itinerary in northern Europe but suffered missing ports, tender issues, and open jaw flight logistics as prices went up.

Some really good late prices on the insides our bread and butter cruise option £65pppd all in on some.

Another factor on NCL prices in Europe are the flights for US pax

if flights go up cabins need to go down to keep the totals sensible.

Wonder if the upgrade route is less effective as you don't get a new booking just free up a cheaper cabin that is harder to sell if flights not available at sensible cost.

Trying to sell the higher cost cabin(even reduced) will make the flight proportion less pain and probably more potential customers will have points flights

We are reviewing our cheap and cheerful approach, more cruise for the money, to including some more ship in a ship when their is value(need to decide our price point)

itinerary is less important when in the comfort of the enclave.

The GV and 2beds are often great prices  if you can coordinate with travel companions.

The GV can extend to large groups with some living in other cabins around the ship.

The living/outside spaces have good capacity.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, kasimir said:

Great forum post idea and I personally am a big bargain hunter and for our next cruise (first time Haven) on the Prima transatlantic from Barcelona in November, we paid next to nothing. 

So deals can be found, but you need to be flexible and open minded. I do have my ways of looking for bargains, the only thing I noticed, with Haven bargains you need to move fast as cabins are very limited and sell quickly. 

Here is one Haven bargain I could quickly find:

- 16 night Transatlantic cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Port Canaveral (Orlando)

- Ship: NCL Epic

- Departure date: 01 December 2023

Cheapest Haven cabin I could find (Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse) for US$ 7,572,- (for 2 guests incl. gratuities). Sounds like a lot of money, but it comes down to US$ 237 per person per night. 

I would definitely jump on that 16nt one. We upgraded directly with our TA on the Escape transatlantic last November and we managed to get a 2 bedroom Haven for not very much to upgrade.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1