I found a GREAT price for a Haven Suite, and here it is!

Sthrngary

11 hours ago, Pitzel said:

Out of curiosity, I went hunting to see what sort of amazing Haven offers I might be able to find. This one jumped out at me:

NCL Prima
Nov 11, 2023
9 Night, Rome to Barcelona
HE Penthouse
$4,871.12 USD total for 2 people, including dining/beverage FAS gratuities, taxes and fees.
The TA site that I checked is also offering $500 OBC for the sailing (which can be used to cover the DSCs).

Other Haven suites were also available for not much more (all <$800 pp more). 

Granted, flights might be pricy depending on where you are flying in from, but this is a great deal for someone who can get to Europe!

That’s a GREAT price in the Prima.  Congrats!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Is it just me or are these 'great' prices European or Trans Atlantic?

NCL was running a promo earlier this year for some "random" latitudes members.  It was 20%-50% off on Alaska cruises (depending on ship) and 20% off European Cruises.  That made Haven discounts pretty hefty.  

I didn't do a Haven suite on my Bliss Alaska cruise, but I did get 20% off a Balcony, which was worth several hundred dollar discount.

My upcoming Epic European cruise with 20% off was a much heftier discount on a Haven Suite.  Can't remember the dollar amount but $2K discount sticks in my mind.  Plus, that discount was for a Haven Spa Suite.  When my TA said I could get a 2 BR suite for $113 more, total, I jumped on it.

@Pitzel Prima discounted fare is really good.  That's a Europe Cruise, too.  I haven't seen any such discounts on Caribbean or Bermuda sailings, however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ahhh, so you started it! I'm sorry you didn't find an amazing price. Here's my hypothetical:

Does anyone consider the cruise below a great enough price that they would actually book this room? I was flabbergasted when I saw this. I actually was loud enough that a co-worker heard my exclamation through the office wall. Oooops! Thankfully, it wasn't my trademark expletive phrase.

Here goes, are you ready to enjoy a 11 day voyage on Norwegian Gem for the small, small price of $78,483. Also - just noticed the new way NCL is displaying the full cost. No more price breakdown? What's up with that? Anyway, to whomever the lucky duck is that snags that heck of a deal on Gem, I hope you enjoy your holiday celebrations!

image.thumb.png.fe5955b3fc7b5a8f20c593733a1bdb5b.png

Don't worry, I'll post my actual deal later on.

I wonder if I'd get a call from AMEX once this charge hit my card? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

@Pitzel Prima discounted fare is really good.  That's a Europe Cruise, too.  I haven't seen any such discounts on Caribbean or Bermuda sailings, however.

I have three problems with any but caribbean cruises.  I know they're boring after awhile but wife lived in Germany for seventeen years and is a very big no on European cruises, we don't want to kennel the dogs for long cruises, and we can drive to most caribben ports - we hate flying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Is it just me or are these 'great' prices European or Trans Atlantic?

Our January cruise is Caribbean. Stops at Great Stirrup, Falmouth (Jamaica), Georgetown, and Cozumel.  It will be all new for DD and SIL.  Falmouth and Georgetown will be new for the grandkids.

Edited by Traveling Fools
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I have three problems with any but caribbean cruises.  I know they're boring after awhile but wife lived in Germany for seventeen years and is a very big no on European cruises, we don't want to kennel the dogs for long cruises, and we can drive to most caribben ports - we hate flying.

I get it.  Might want to take a look at the New England/Canada cruises, too.  Got a deal on one last year and had a blast.

Caribbean itineraries seem to be on the higher side recently.  It ebbs and flows regarding prices, though.  I'm a chronic cruise fare shopper.  So, I kind of get a feel for when to look for good fares and when they are higher.

Caribbean cruises are higher during Spring Break carrying through until about now.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holidays for a cruise tend to have higher fares.  Once school is back in, fares tend to drop.  That said, there are no hard and fast rules on cruise fares.  Just got to keep an open eye and jump on one you see that fits for you.  

Sometimes I'll catch a Royal, MSC or Celebrity fare that's attractive.  I even look at Carnival.  But, I kind of limit myself to their new ships.  So, I'm somewhat restricted to their really good fares on older ships.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I get it.  Might want to take a look at the New England/Canada cruises, too.  Got a deal on one last year and had a blast.

We had a New England cruise cancelled during COVID (Holland).

Might be able to talk her into New England.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We had a New England cruise cancelled during COVID (Holland).

Might be able to talk her into New England.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Little bit off-topic, but did this cruise about a year ago....some great cc-ers on board, too (e.g. @JamieLogical).  See if you might be interested.  Love the itinerary!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ahhh, so you started it! I'm sorry you didn't find an amazing price. Here's my hypothetical:

Does anyone consider the cruise below a great enough price that they would actually book this room? I was flabbergasted when I saw this. I actually was loud enough that a co-worker heard my exclamation through the office wall. Oooops! Thankfully, it wasn't my trademark expletive phrase.

Here goes, are you ready to enjoy a 11 day voyage on Norwegian Gem for the small, small price of $78,483. Also - just noticed the new way NCL is displaying the full cost. No more price breakdown? What's up with that? Anyway, to whomever the lucky duck is that snags that heck of a deal on Gem, I hope you enjoy your holiday celebrations!

image.thumb.png.fe5955b3fc7b5a8f20c593733a1bdb5b.png

Don't worry, I'll post my actual deal later on.

At least free at sea is included.  Or is it??

• Haha 2

Great forum post idea and I personally am a big bargain hunter and for our next cruise (first time Haven) on the Prima transatlantic from Barcelona in November, we paid next to nothing. 

So deals can be found, but you need to be flexible and open minded. I do have my ways of looking for bargains, the only thing I noticed, with Haven bargains you need to move fast as cabins are very limited and sell quickly. 

Here is one Haven bargain I could quickly find:

- 16 night Transatlantic cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Port Canaveral (Orlando)

- Ship: NCL Epic

- Departure date: 01 December 2023

Cheapest Haven cabin I could find (Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse) for US$ 7,572,- (for 2 guests incl. gratuities). Sounds like a lot of money, but it comes down to US$ 237 per person per night. 

Edited by kasimir

From my personal experience the best prices can be found for cruises departing 3 to 5 months out, this is usually also the best time to request a re-pricing on your fare. But the popular cruises (and high-season) will sell out quickly especially in the Haven. 

Here are two more good Haven offers that I could find: 

10 night Panama Canal cruise from Panama City to Miami, FL

- Ship: NCL Joy

- Departure date: 6 December 2023

Cheapest Haven cabin I could find (Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse) for US$ 6,673,- (for 2 guests incl. gratuities). Which comes down to US$ 334 per person per night. 

11 night Panama Canal cruise from Miami, FL to Panama City

- Ship: NCL Joy

- Departure date: 25 November 2023

Cheapest Haven cabin I could find (Haven Suite with Balcony) for US$ 6,616,- (for 2 guests incl. gratuities). Which comes down to US$ 301 per person per night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kasimir said:

- 16 night Transatlantic cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Cheapest Haven cabin I could find (Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse) for US$ 7,572,- (for 2 guests incl. gratuities). Sounds like a lot of money, but it comes down to US$ 237 per person per night. 

Yup!  We’re in a 2BR for that sailing.  After the military discount, a 20% off coupon and three CruiseNexts were paying $237 pp/pn, including all perks and the DSC.  It’s dropped another $400 since our final payment.  There’s still more than a dozen 2BRs left so I’m hoping it will drop again and I will ask for FCC for the difference. I do believe this is the best deal I’ve ever had, and likely will.  😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kasimir said:

Great forum post idea and I personally am a big bargain hunter and for our next cruise (first time Haven) on the Prima transatlantic from Barcelona in November, we paid next to nothing. 

So deals can be found, but you need to be flexible and open minded. I do have my ways of looking for bargains, the only thing I noticed, with Haven bargains you need to move fast as cabins are very limited and sell quickly. 

I think you are right about having to act quick, but it’s alsowaiting out as long as possible and then jumping at the “right” time.

I’d been tracking the Courtyard Haven in Getaway 1st October sailing, here’s an example of how I saw the prices fall over the last few weeks:

28th July £2,601

1st Aug £2,497

8th Aug £2,263

15th Aug £2,049

16th Aug £1,955

22nd Aug £1,765

29th Aug £1,675

i think this has not been one of the most popular cruises as it’s going to be a relative cool weather cruise, so I guess you probably can’t make the most of the outside decks, and being Getaway, the Haven doesn’t have a covered Courtyard.  But it’s been surprising to see how the prices have fallen so consistently.

My guess is if you had looked a year ago, you’d have been quoted £5,000 or more

Edited by rattla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, rattla said:

I think you are right about having to act quick, but it’s alsowaiting out as long as possible and then jumping at the “right” time.

I had the same with our November Prima cruise which @cruiseny4life also is booked on, and we booked the Haven cabin in July 2023 and kept checking the Haven prices and cabin availability. Since I noticed that the prices remained low for this cruise, we booked another Haven cabin in the beginning of August 2023 and surprised my wife's parents to join us. 

At that time there were still roughly 12-15 Haven Penthouse (HE) cabins available, but then things went quickly and within 2 weeks all remaining Haven cabins sold out. At this time there is only 1 H4 and 1 H6 Haven cabin available for the cruise. 

So while you check prices, keep also an eye on the amount of cabins still available, because there is always a chance that with some cruises the prices stay low till the last Haven cabin is sold. And once its sold out, you are out of luck if you want to reprice your booking. 

Edited by kasimir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

How about when any of us find a GREAT Haven Price, we share it with the board.  As with many of you, I simply love the Haven.  However, the price has gotten a bit to rich for my blood.  Let's help everyone else out when we find a deal.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

@Sthrngary what would you consider a great haven price or a deal? To better compare, let's define it by the price per person per night. (for example: a great deal is anything below $400 per person per night). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kasimir said:

@Sthrngary what would you consider a great haven price or a deal? To better compare, let's define it by the price per person per night. (for example: a great deal is anything below $400 per person per night). 

@kasimir You honor me by asking an opinion question.  Happy to answer it from my standpoint.  First it depends on the ship, Second it depends on the suite. 

First the ship: I only cruise the Haven on one of the larger newer or recently renovated ships.  I want a full Haven with Restaurant, Bar, Courtyard and sundeck.  I prefer the ships where the Sundeck has two hot tubs. Add to this the new newest ships NCL has even though they hold less guest then let's say the Encore.  

Second the Suite:  I would prefer a suite in the Haven Proper.  The size of the balcony does not matter if it is just my wife and I.  I would jump on a Haven Proper Suite at $300.00 per person, per night.  Flexibility on that number has everything to do with the Itinerary and or how badly I want to cruise. 

Some of the postings on this thread have been Amazing.  One I remember reading about was for an Owners Suite on one of the brand new ships.  When I saw that I was incredibly surprised and the effect it had on me was "Boy that would have been fun!"  Please remember I am one "bougie", "spoiled", and "entitled".  Needless to say, my $300 benchmark was NOT for a Owners Suite. 

I hope I answered your question.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kasimir said:

So while you check prices, keep also an eye on the amount of cabins still available, because there is always a chance that with some cruises the prices stay low till the last Haven cabin is sold. And once its sold out, you are out of luck if you want to reprice your booking. 

Yup, I actually had a spreadsheet for my cruise coming up in a couple of weeks, where I tracked the availability of the Haven cabins 😂🙈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

You honor me by asking an opinion question.  Happy to answer it from my standpoint. 

Ofcourse, I think many on here value your opinion even though its just an opinion 😉

51 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Second the Suite:  I would prefer a suite in the Haven Proper.  The size of the balcony does not matter if it is just my wife and I.  I would jump on a Haven Proper Suite at $300.00 per person, per night.  Flexibility on that number has everything to do with the Itinerary and or how badly I want to cruise. 

Thats fair enough, and I actually have a similar opinion and would actually book way more cruises if work would not be in in the way. 😂

By the way, would you consider all consider all cabins on the Prima and Viva "Haven Proper"? As they are all located in the same area. 

I was generally interested in your personal opinion about the Prima class Haven, but that would be question for your other famous forum thread. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kasimir said:

would you consider all consider all cabins on the Prima and Viva "Haven Proper"?

@kasimir I have never gone on the Prima or the Viva.  However there is a reason why all the suites are in the "Haven Section".  Yes I would consider it Haven Proper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rattla said:

I’d been tracking the Courtyard Haven in Getaway 1st October sailing, here’s an example of how I saw the prices fall over the last few weeks:

28th July £2,601

1st Aug £2,497

8th Aug £2,263

15th Aug £2,049

16th Aug £1,955

22nd Aug £1,765

29th Aug £1,675

i think this has not been one of the most popular cruises as it’s going to be a relative cool weather cruise, so I guess you probably can’t make the most of the outside decks, and being Getaway, the Haven doesn’t have a covered Courtyard.  But it’s been surprising to see how the prices have fallen so consistently.

My guess is if you had looked a year ago, you’d have been quoted £5,000 or more

These fares are 2x for booking the cabin?  Some of us sale as solos (like me) who pay per cabin, not per person!

• Like 1

Great thread idea!

Very excited about our 13 Night Epic TA from Rome to Port Canaveral November 10-23 2024 Haven H6 2 Bedroom for $10,362. 

With Platinum discounts and perks from our travel agent, this includes trip insurance (!!!!), the standard "free at sea" promotions, $50 per port excursion credit, pre-paid tips and an additional OBC 100$ from the TA. Because of our travel agent loyalty, we also got a choice of a 1K pre-paid Visa card or 1K OBC. 

Works out to be $3454 / passenger (husband, myself, teenager) or $265 / person / night. Even better for us, we only need to pay for a one-way flight as we live in Orlando 45 mins from the debarkation port. 

Currently in the process of cancelling our MSC Euribia Northern Europe cruise Feb 2024 (kiddo has school tests sadly) and searching for 2025 NCL Haven deals. Not a whole heck of a lot out there...in fact they seem way, way higher than even 6 months ago. Considering dipping our toes into Explora as the 2024 itineraries are intriguing but the ships appear more family-friendly than Azamara. Pricing seems similar to the Haven overall.

Warmest Amy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this is a good deal to others, but is seems good for us.  Doing Rome to Barcelona. departing October 23, 2023 for 9 days on the Prima .  Fare with additions (FAS+, internet, dining and upgraded beverage package for daughter, 2 NCL excursions for 3) comes to $387 per person per night $9946 total. We are in an H5, Owners Suite w/ large balcony on deck 12.  Airfare booked on our own and 2 nights in both Rome and Barcelona on each end of the cruise adds up quick though but I did not want to skew the cruise fare discussion.  Our first trip to Europe so we stretched some but are really excited.

Edited by REV_Cruiser
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

These fares are 2x for booking the cabin?  Some of us sale as solos (like me) who pay per cabin, not per person!

yes, I hadn’t recorded the price for two people as that wasn’t how they are initially quoted by NCL.

Appreciate that for solos can can sometimes be double or maybe somewhere between 1x and 2x, but I hadn’t searched for those when I did this, so only have the standard price per person based on 2 sharing 😊

• Like 2