Tram or shuttle through the port of Nassau?

Cruising Oasis on Oct 1, and we stop in Nassau. We are doing an excursion to Blue lagoon, which involves a ferry ride. I read in the past that the ferry picks and drops off right there at the pier. But I saw a post recently stating that they pick you up close to the ships, but now drop you off at the other end of the pier to get you to walk through the new port. Can anyone confirm this, and if so... are there trams that run through the port these days? My wife has a bit of a struggle walking long distance, so now shes concerned about this potential long walk back to the ship. 

This walk concerns me too.  We visited in March during the construction.  We were berthed a good distance from the entrance.  They told us on the ship there was transport back and forth.  But at the port when we asked, they said no.  Maybe it was just that day--but, it was a long walk for DH.  

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 1

Our last visit there in April and all our previous stops at Nassau they had golf carts that held up to 6 people (some smaller ones too) that were transporting passengers from ships to the port.    

Once you get off the ship and walk the pathway there is a small booth/hut where there are some benches this is where you line up to get on a golf cart.    It tends to be a long wait and depending on weather can be a hot wait too.

Now that the port construction is done I am unsure where you get the ride back to the ships but you can find out from golf cart driver when you ride to town.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1